Lust (39)
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ The Mansion of House Athena - Front Garden ]

After the whole debacle ended, to summarize everything, it would probably be something like this.

—After Lucianna dealt with Karzio, the angels of House Lucianna and the other Chaos Angels were unexpectedly very willing to let go of any potential grudges. They seemed to all hold some kind of attitude that as long as the appropriate price is paid, any pleasure gained from hurting others is just borrowing, which I guess seems very fitting. (I’m not sure if I agree with that line of thinking myself, though.)

—Despite dragging us into this whole thing, the four ‘adventurers’ still received the money that Eden received when we were at Fortuna’s place, and they all ended up benefiting the most from this encounter somehow. Eden seemed to be very thankful towards one of them in particular. But the bottom line is that they don’t seem to be all that bad.

—After talking to all the Order Angels from Anorlon and returning, Ruby was found pacing around outside. When she saw us, she almost broke down crying. I don’t really know what’s with that person to be completely honest, it’s not like we were in any danger. 

—Eventually, Captain Tamaria was informed about all the angels who had been ‘Kidnapped’, and everyone got out safely.

On the trip back. While recalling the various conversations we had with all the parties involved. Something else has been on my mind.

“Eden, listen. To break down the timeline of what happened tonight. After listening to all the testimonies, I think I got it all figured out."

Right now, I’m standing in front of the mansion’s front garden, right next to the main gate, with Eden standing beside me.

After we were delivered here by none other than Yuu the delivery girl, Lady Athena asked us to wait outside before coming in.

In the time I had, the thoughts that were already brewing had finally reached peak extraction… to borrow Vena’s cooking terms.

“The Abyss Prince Karzio arrived at Realm of Gods about two months ago. And gained access to the Undercity after making a secret trade and offering to teach certain angels of House Lucianna some types of cuisines from the Abyssal Depths.

“Essentially, he was there as a chef.”

—Cha-ching, ba-bing. That sorts. Historically, the Princes of Abyss often has [Imprints] that granted them the ability to maximize the senses, which coincidentally also have the benefits of making almost all of them extremely talented in the culinary arts; some of the most talented ever, in fact.

“One week ago. He started to put his plan that resulted in the events of tonight into action. Renting out the Golden Catfish to host a beauty pageant, offering free drinks to everyone.

“Then, at the beginning today, he contacted the two chefs, Linlin and Minjee, and offered to show them a new recipe.

“Through them, he was able to deliver a meal that was infected by his [parasites] to the owner of that domain.

“Due to one reason or another, the Goddess of Lust Lucianna, accepted the meal made by Karzio, and fell into his trap. Immediately after that, the House of Mistresses fell into lockdown.

“After realizing that something was wrong, a fight broke out between the angels of House Lucianna. The fighting took place in the top two floors of the House of Mistresses, which was where all the traces were found.

“The party started at the Golden Catfish, the Chaos Angels were lured by the free drinks, and most fell victim.

“The situation kept deteriorating, but fortunately, after we appeared, it seems to have worked out.”

After all that said and done, no one was hurt too badly, and despite the fact that Vena and I had to turn into our true form. 

Which means...

—We have arrived at the present.

I touch my chin and narrow my gaze. A dramatic gesture to prelude the dramatic conclusion. It just feels appropriate.

“But… you see.”

“The cause of everything is still not explained.”

—I look at Eden. Specifically, at that pair of large golden eyes that seems to contain the reflection of the whole world.

“The motive behind Karzio’s action in the first place.”

“...?”

I lower my tone of voice. 

Searching through my memories, combining every single possible thread to weave a narrative supported only by the most logical, the most rational, the most astute observations of the universe’s most fundamental law of causality.

“He got rejected by a girl.

“He was drinking himself to oblivion because his heart was broken. The kidnappings and the beauty pageant were also a result of this.”

Eden tilts his head.

"So...?"

"—So that means that all of this was your fault, wasn't it?!"

I grab Eden and shake his shoulders.

—A bunch of people got kidnapped! A city was plunged into war! A divine being's domain was almost stolen! 

Facing my accusation, Eden only looks at me and raises one eyebrow. “Brother Altarin… what are you even… talking about?”

“There it is again! I knew it!” I lower my body to match Eden’s eye level and squint closely at his face. “You always respond with questions to things you don’t want to answer!”

“Huh…?”

“Do you think you can simply get away with everything just because your face is pretty?!”

I lunge forward and grab his face, stretching them far apart like a piece of white dough.

“What else are you hiding behind that cute face! Spill it!”

“Ouch…” Eden groaned slightly.

“What are you doing to my Little Eden, Altarin?” Vena walks out from the mansion’s gate and catches us.

“Don’t stop me, Vena! I’m currently in the process of upholding the balance of the universe!”  

“Balance my foot, you’re just bullying him. Also even if you’re right, what does it matter?” Vena said, trying to pull Eden away from me.

“I have a feeling that this moment is a crucial point in time that will not be right to simply let go without ceremony,” I say, straight-facedly.

“You’re just saying some stupid nonsense again.” Vena narrows her eyes at me.

—She’s right.

But…

Just then.

[How long are you guys going to stand there for?]

—The reverberating voice of the goddess of this domain decisively interrupts all of our antics.

[Dinner.]

[It’s been delayed long enough already.]

—————……….

The long corridor seems to stretch on for eternity. With every passing second, the gap between the past and the future moves along the timeline.

Ah, I don’t know why, but I feel like I've been thinking too much in these fancy nonsensical sophistries. Perhaps it’s becoming a habit. I’ve been reading a lot, found a lot of new words, so I’ve been trying to use them, sorry if it’s weird.

Well, whatever, it’s fine, I think… maybe.

My hands, my feet. The way my hairs brush against my ears. I find myself being submerged in a sense of reality that’s hard to shake off.

If you were to ask directly about the feelings I have right now… 

The sounds of my footsteps disappeared. Even the conversations of the two people walking besides me are muffled.

A feeling of anticipation.

For some reason, even though it was only a few hours since I left, I feel like it’s been years.

I want to see her again.

Creak~...

The door of the dining room opens.

A very spacious room, lit up by warm artificial lights. A long wooden table with several chairs surrounding it, all empty.

Athena sits there—the woman with silver hairs, greeting me casually.

The same smile.

—But something’s different. 

…..

Hmmm~…

Hmmmmmmm~…

Hmmmmmmmmmm~…

—I take my seat.

Shrr~!

—The plates were placed.

Tack~!

—The food was served by Big Sister Vena.

Plob~!

Eventually…

After an unknowable amount of time has passed...

“Athena.” I call out suddenly.

“Hmm? What is it?” Athena raises her eyebrows, pausing the hands that were holding the knife and fork.

“I love you.”

“...” 

Athena’s smile freezes.

““...”” 

Big Sister Vena and Brother Altarin also stop moving.

 “I love you.”

*Cough* Yes, Eden. That’s... nice.”

“I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love—”

“ALRIGHT! I GET IT! SHUT UP!”

—I don’t know exactly what happened to get to this point but…

She finally understands me.

Finally.

“Big Sister Vena…. This is delicious… More.”

“Wipe that silly grin off your face right now!”

So I guess I can say that the outcome of today is very positive.

How nice.

—Enjoy it while you can, Little… 

—Little…

—Little Eden…

And not a single ominous whisper of uncertain futures can be heard anywhere.

How nice.

The yellow-ish artificial lights glowed warmly, embracing everything in this room with their gentle colo…

—Ah, sorry, I promise I won’t do it again.

…..

Vena took a seat beside her brother. Altarin decided that it would be best for him to enjoy his meal quietly.

Today, the Realm of Gods remained peaceful.

—End of Volume 1: Lust—

0