Chapter 1: Drop of Divine Blood
796 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Lan Xiao Die, 150 points." A middle-aged woman wearing black-framed spectacles plastered a thick smile on her face as she handed the Math test paper in her hand to a bright-eyed girl.

Lan Xiao Die accepted the test paper with both hands.

"Try harder next time and keep it up." The more Professor Xu Li looked at Lan Xiao Die, the more satisfied she was.

Smart, beautiful, and knowledgeable, such girls were few in number this year.

However, when Professor Xu Li saw the score on the next test paper, her face suddenly clouded over.

"Ye Hao, 38 points."

The students laughed immediately.

"38 points?"

"Ye Hao is really a wonder!"

"Is it possible that Ye Hao will be the last one in our key class this time?"

"Was there really any suspense to that in the first place?"

The young boy’s face flushed red amongst the jeerings of his classmates as he walked up to Professor Xu Li with an uneasy look.

Professor Xu Li looked at Ye Hao with a deadpan expression and shoved a test paper in Ye Hao's face.

"Take the test paper and stand at the door."

Just as Ye Hao was about to take the test paper from Professor Xu Li’s hand, she threw it away casually.

Ye Hao had to crouch down in front of her to pick up the test paper before walking out of the classroom silently.

Leaning on the wall outside the classroom, Ye Hao's face was dull.

No one cares about my face, especially at this age.

At this time, Ye Hao heard Professor Xu Li's summary.

"Everyone is doing well this time. If it wasn't for the burden of Ye Hao that single-handedly lowered the average score of our class, we would have achieved our aim of becoming the top class rather than settling for second.”

Ye Hao’s mood suddenly sunk as his heart ached.

Professor Xu Li's words plunged deep into his heart like a thorn.

He stumbled towards the small pond of the school.

Standing in front of the small pond, Ye Hao couldn't calm down for a long time. He clenched his fists tightly and wanted to yell, but he dared not.

He was worried about needlessly alerting the school security team.

Because of this, Ye Hao felt suffocated.

His father sent him to the key class through his connections, hoping that Ye Hao could enter a good university. Unfortunately, Ye Hao did not have that sort of talent so he was repeatedly mocked by his classmates.

He was fed up.

But what could he do?

Thinking of this, he sat down on the grass helplessly.

Ye Hao, in his daze, didn't even notice a strange vine spewing out of the water nearby, crawling slowly along the grass toward his ankle.

When the vine was only one step away from Ye Hao, it suddenly sprung and wrapped around his ankle as quick as a snake before forcefully pulling him towards the pond. Ye Hao immediately snapped out of his dazed state.

In a panic, he grappled the grass and dirt along his path as he struggled against the pulling force. But it was useless.

In only two breaths of time, Ye Hao was submerged into the cold pond.

He choked a few mouthfuls of water before quickly closing his mouth but nearly opened them again in horror as he beheld the scene in front of him.

A grim figure stared fixedly at him with coldness and bloodthirst gleaming in its eyes.

The unknown figure wrapped around Ye Hao's petrified body before striking with an open mouth towards his neck.

Ye Hao didn’t even have a chance to resist

However, just as the malevolent creature was about to bite onto Ye Hao, a thunderous explosion rippled throughout the pond.

"Evil creature, such boldness!"

The sound swept through Ye Hao’s area before shattering the strange creature into pieces.

Wh— what happened?

Ye Hao's eyes widened.

During Ye Hao’s time of confusion, a sudden soft force wrapped his whole body before sending him to safety once more.

Wiping the water from his face, Ye Hao saw a middle-aged man in a gorgeous robe.

The image of this dignified man was like an illusion— hidden in the clouds. He glanced at Ye Hao lightly but frowned soon after, "Your qualifications are mediocre at best. However, this meeting can be considered as destiny. Boy, open up your mouth for this Uncle."

Ye Hao subconsciously opened up his mouth.

Unless he was hallucinating, even a fool would know that this middle-aged man was some kind of legendary fairy.

Is this a panacea?

At this time, a beautiful dagger appeared in the middle-aged man’s hand. He handled the dagger skilfully and flicked gently towards one finger.

A drop of deep red blood tinged with a hue of gold suddenly appeared.

"Young man, drink this."

"This..." Ye Hao felt quite awkward in his heart.

Does he really want me to suck off his finger?

Disgusting!

But Ye Hao couldn’t shake the feeling that this drop of blood would certainly be of great use to himself, so he held back the nausea in his heart and advanced his tongue towards the man’s finger.

Pah~

The middle-aged man, seeing this development, stared wide-eyed as he retracted his hand before slapping Ye Hao across the face.

"What are you doing?!" He scolded.

"Aren't you letting me drink this drop of blood?" Ye Hao covered his swollen cheek with some embarrassment.

The middle-aged man flicked his finger helplessly and the blood dropped from it.

Ye Hao stared bewildered at the drop of blood suspended in mid-air before realizing that he was an idiot.

Wasting no further time, he quickly opened his mouth to swallow the floating drop of blood.

As soon as the drop of blood entered Ye Hao's mouth, he felt his body exuding brilliance and spirit.

"What's going on?"

"God Blood is gradually changing your body, but in the early days you may have to suffer for some time." The middle-aged man said those final words as his figure disappeared silently.

Ye Hao couldn’t afford to care about the mysterious man’s departure as a sudden pain racked his insides. He couldn’t stand the pain and soon lost consciousness.

Ye Hao couldn't remember how many times he had drifted in and out of consciousness.
He only vaguely remembered that he was taken to the hospital.

I don't know what happened next.

"Husband, Little Hao's doctor keeps reminding us of the medical fees recently." Guo Xiu sighed as she looked towards a man who just entered the room.

This middle-aged man looked somewhat similar to Ye Hao. Hearing her speak, he hesitated before saying, "I went to Lao Zhou's house to borrow it."

"Our family has now borrowed 50,000 from Lao Zhou's house. I cannot be so open in burrowing with others."

"Guo Xiu looked at Ye Zhiguo, her husband, with a pleading gaze, "Doesn’t your father have a lot of money?"

"Sigh, you don't know what happened to father." Ye Zhiguo smiled bitterly, "Trust me. If I could’ve borrowed it, I would've borrowed it."

"Little Hao is his grandson! Is he just going to let him wither away and die?" Guo Xiu said with rage and indignance.

Ye Zhiguo fell silent.

Guo Xiu burst into tears when she saw her husband’s helplessness.

She did not cry because her husband was incapable, but because of her own inability to save her own son.

If the medical expenses were not paid, Ye Hao would have to be swept out.

"Don't cry. Take care of Little Hao and leave the money to me." Ye Zhiguo turned around and left, his shoulders sunken with pressure.

Guo Xiu still sobbed weakly.

Ye Hao's family could be said to be fairly well off. However, Ye Hao stayed in the intensive care unit for six months which completely destroyed this well-off house.

These days, the desperate couple had borrowed everything they could borrow.

...But Ye Hao still showed no signs of waking up.

When Guo Xiu was crying, she did not notice that Ye Hao's eyes during the coma quietly leaked some drops of tears.

Ye Hao finally regained some bits of consciousness and overheard the conversation of his parents

It was just that his body was still being transformed, but deep inside, he knew that his grand reawakening was almost here.

1