Chapter 9: Meeting Jonathan Again
219 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9: Meeting Jonathan Again

When the day came up William asked JoJo to leave. Expecting JoJo to say no, but instead, JoJo said yes.

“If you want to go back, you can come back, but only at night,” she said, giving him the top hat that he stole from the monocle guy.

“Also, take this. you’re such a gentleman it’s a shame for you to not wear a hat.”

‘This hat and miss’s clothes. Why is miss wearing men’s clothing?’ he thought, looking at JoJo’s attire.

“Don’t look at me like that boy. I just don’t like female clothing. Now go away and make sure the door is closed shut” she said, unlocking the door and hiding behind a wall

“Okay, thank you again miss for saving my life,” he said, opening the door and leaving.

'is she afraid of the sun? Is she a... ahh what am I thinking,' the boy thought as he walked back home.

Once again JoJo is alone. William comes back every day but it’s usually short. Probably creeped out by the silent house as if it’s haunted and the bizarre occupant JoJo. but when William built up the courage, he will come but after just an hour he got scared again and left.

10 days have passed with JoJo living peacefully, but this time she had another guest other than Robert and William.

At night, three men are outside JoJo’s house, knocking on the door.

‘Is it William? Where did he go after not visiting for 5 days’ JoJo thought?

“Who is it?” she asked, causing the knocking to stop.

“It’s me sister, Jonathan.”

“Jonathan…”

Hearing her brother’s voice again made her nervous and scared.

“Sister did what Speedwagon said is true? Did you kill father?”

“…”

“No, it can’t be! Sister, please say you didn’t do it!”

Jonathan's voice sounded agitated as he banged on the door causing the door to shake.

“JoJo calm down,” someone other than Speedwagon and Jonathan said outside the door.

“But teacher Zeppeli…”

‘Zeppeli…he’s come here to kill me. should I lie?’ JoJo thought, expecting this to happen one day.

“Jonathan, please come in,” she said, causing a long argument outside the door but eventually their group agreed and came in

Coming inside the house, Jonathan and his group looked at JoJo.

“Please sit-down brother. Let me ask you something,” she said, coming out of the shadow.

Seeing her sister again, Jonathan noticed that JoJo is thinner than usual.

“Sister are you okay?” he asked, sitting down on a chair next to the fireplace.

“I’m okay. I’m like this because I haven’t drunk any blood for a long time,” she said, causing joy to Jonathan.

“then sister you’re not a monster that Speedwagon and teacher Zeppeli is talking about.”

“No, I am a monster. Didn’t you see my body shriveled body on the floor? I killed the people outside the mansion at the time. Including father.”

“Mr. Joestar, now would you believe me?” Speedwagon said, pointing at JoJo.

Jumping out of the chair, Jonathan stared at JoJo, trying to see if she’s lying.

“Why?”

With one word alone, JoJo could feel multiple emotions of disbelief, anger, and pain.

“Jonathan, do you believe in fate? If I say that father was destined to die at the time and its because of me trying to save him that I instead killed him. Would you believe me?”

“Fate? Is this your excuse for killing father?!” he said, torturing JoJo as she could hear the disappointment in his voice.

“Wait, JoJo calm down. My name is Baron Zeppeli, Ms. Joestar. can you tell me why you think so?”

“Do you believe me if I said that I saw Dio killing my father with a knife after he tried to kill Jonathan? I thought I saved father from death but instead, I only delayed his fate, and instead, I killed him.”

“If what you say is true, can you see the future, Ms. Joestar,” Zeppeli said, his expression unchanging.

“Yes, in fact, I can see the future and fate of everyone here,” she said, shocking everyone in the room.

“Is this some kind of vampire power that you have, sister?” Jonathan asked, hope sounding in his voice.

“Yes, if you want, I can say it,” she said, making Zeppeli react very suddenly.

“No! That would not be necessary. But since we need proof of your power then tell me of my fate, since I already know of it,” he said, looking Speedwagon and Jonathan.

‘The two of them don’t need to know about this,’ he thought.

“The both of you go away, I don’t want my secret to be known,” he said, driving Jonathan and Speedwagon away.

After both of them are outside, Zeppeli looked at JoJo.

“So, what is my fate that you saw?” he said. Looking calmly into JoJo’s red eyes.

“Mr. Zeppeli, thank you for believing in me despite your long-life mission is to destroy the stone mask’s influence. Tomorrow night, you will die and pass on your life to Jonathan while chasing Dio” she said, surprised that Zeppeli didn’t react at all.

“I see, I believe that your prediction is real, so the other vampire by the name of Dio is still around,” he said, walking out of the house.

“Mr. Zeppeli can I ask you? Why did you believe me? After all, I’m the monster that you seek to destroy.”

Turning around, Zeppeli looked at JoJo and sighed

“Because what I saw inside you is a woman grieving for her father and regret. The smell of alcohol is quite heavy in here,” he said, turning around.

“Also, I have watched you for 7 days after you moved here, and saw that even though you’re in the body of a monster, you have the heart and soul of a human,” he said, leaving JoJo in a state of surprise.

“Though don’t use your powers to other humans. Thankfully you have a friend that paid for the things that you stole,” he said, making JoJo feel even more confused.

‘Who’s the one that paid for my booze? Is it Robert?’ she thought, her feelings in turmoil.

After Zeppeli went outside, Jonathan went inside and apologized to JoJo. After finally being able to talk in peacefully after 7 years, Jonathan started to recount his life and how he missed JoJo.

JoJo, of course, listened quietly and after a couple of hours, Speedwagon came in.

“JoJo, I found a clue about Dio. Recently someone saw that someone like Dio is found in Wind Knights Lot.”

“Let’s talk later Jonathan, we should talk while on the road,” she said, making Jonathan happy.

“So, you’re coming with us sister?”

“Of course, but before I go, I need to do something,” she said, walking away towards where she found William and looked around.

Meanwhile, inside a slightly better house in the area, William could be seen inside being beaten by a man with the same facial features as William.

“Father, please stop!” William shouted as a kick landed on his face.

“Who told you can speak! Now tell me where did you get this hat! This hat obviously came from a nobleman,” the man said, pointing at the hat on the table beside them.

“Father, please! A Lady gave it to me,” he said, making the man angry.

“Who would believe you! Why would a woman carry a hat and gave it to you! This hat is must belong to the noble lady’s husband,” he said, kicking William harder.

Hearing the conversation inside the house, JoJo had an idea.

Knocking on the door, JoJo smiled.

Hearing the knocking on the door, William’s father stopped kicking William and opened the door. Seeing the enchanting face and the person’s expensive male clothes, he was shocked.

“Hello miss, what can I help you with?”

“I’m not a woman,” she said, a heavy manly sound came out of her mouth.

“Oh, I’m terribly sorry, I didn’t know.”

“Why didn’t you know? I’m clearly not wearing a dress. Or did you think that my face looks like a woman!”

“No, No, sir,”

“JoJo!”

behind William’s father, William stood up and shouted.

Looking at the kid running towards her, JoJo opened her arms and hugged him.

“What’s wrong, I came here to come and pick you up. Did your father keep you here?” She said, glaring at William’s father.

“JoJo, why did your-

Before William could say what, he wanted to say, JoJo blocked his mouth.

“Mr. Jackson, I’m raising William here to be my successor so if you delay him from his training then I have no choice but to do something unsightly to you,” she said, glaring at William’s father with her sharpest glare.

“Successor? Oh, if that’s the case then sir can take William,” he said, making William happy.

“Yes, also William, you did a good for not lying to your father even though you could lie easily to escape punishment. But I’m disappointed that you thought that I was a woman.

After explaining that the training g will continue tomorrow, JoJo left and came back to her house to see Jonathan with his friend and teacher together, waiting for her.

 

 

 

10