Chapter 17: Straizo’s Betrayal
278 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 17: Straizo's Betrayal

Running along with Straizo, Jonathan finally saw the corpses of Straizo’s disciples.

Seeing them lying on the ground, Jonathan felt sadness from the death of them as Jonathan sometimes trained them when Straizo is busy.

“That creature must be stopped. Straizo, let’s go,” he said.

“Follow me Jonathan, the last corpse I found was still warm. Maybe it is still nearby,” he said,

Jonathan nodded as he followed closely behind Straizo.

While following Straizo, Jonathan felt strange about how the disciples died.

‘Why did the creature didn’t drink their blood or turn them into zombies. Knowing Dio, he will do that. maybe I’m overthinking things,’ he thought before he arrived at a gathering of tents close together with the smell of blood is particularly strong.

“We’re here. Be careful around here Jonathan,” Straizo said as he went inside a tent.

While Straizo is inside the tent, Jonathan looked inside the tent and felt disgusted.

Inside the tent, numerous body parts are scattered around with blood splattered everywhere. But in one particular spot, an outline of a body has no blood.

As Jonathan looked towards the outline, Straizo suddenly lunged towards Jonathan with a stone mask.

“What!” Jonathan quickly dodged Straizo.

“What are you doing Straizo?!” Jonathan asked as he saw Straizo going for him again.

“Die, Jonathan Joestar!” he shouted as he mindlessly rushed towards Jonathan.

Jonathan evaded Straizo again, but Straizo didn’t give up and tried again.

“Stop it Straizo. Why are you like this?” He said, noticing that he didn’t use Hamon. Combined with his strange behavior, Jonathan concluded that Straizo is being controlled by someone.

“Straizo, wake up,” he said as blocked Straizo’s right hand that has the stone mask and grabbed Straizo’s head.

“Hamon!” he shouted as yellow arcs flowed to Straizo from Jonathan’s arm.

Straizo fell after Jonathan released his hand. Seeing Straizo stopped and fell, Jonathan felt relieved as he let his guard down.

“Jonathan?” Straizo said, his face showing confusion. But that confusion didn’t last long as Straizo suddenly moved with almost double the speed that he showed when he was attacking Jonathan for the first time.

“Straizo!”

Before Jonathan could do anything, the mask is already in place.

“Turn into a vampire, Jonathan!” he said as he was about to smear the blood in his wrist.

“Stop that man!”

Out of nowhere, someone shouted. A shower of bullets appeared inside the tent.

Distracted by the sudden interruption, Jonathan pulled Straizo away from the bullets with only a few bullets hitting both Straizo and himself.

“Straizo look out!” Jonathan said as he endured the pain and pulled Straizo to run away together.

Feeling his arm being pulled, Straizo absentmindedly ran with Jonathan.

‘Why is he helping me? I betrayed him! He should’ve known I’m not forced to do it when he filled me with his Hamon,’ Straizo thought as he looked at Jonathan.

“Why are you helping me?” he said.

“Straizo? You’re finally back. How did you get controlled like that? is it because of that creature?” he asked as pulled Straizo behind a tree.

“Stay back. These people have guns.”

“Surrender, we have you surrounded. I advise you to give up in front of us, the mighty German soldiers. We also captured all of your friends.”

“What?! Straizo we need to save them,” Jonathan said, ready to rush forward.

‘Jonathan, you’re such a fool,’ Straizo thought before he hit Jonathan in the back of his head.

“Goodbye Jonathan,” he said as he ran far away,”

The German soldiers march forward and found Jonathan’s unconscious body on the ground and brought him back.

Back with JoJo, the German soldiers are breaking the top and bottom pillar that contains Santana.

‘How did they get all of this equipment inside Mexico?’ JoJo thought before she is stuffed inside a thick metal box.

Once inside, JoJo listened carefully to the surroundings but found out that the metal box is soundproof and soon also found out that it’s fireproof.

‘They thought highly of me,’ she said in her mind before she closed her eyes and waited.

A day has passed with no news from JoJo and the others.

In a restaurant in New York City, Joseph, Dio, Erina, and Smokey are peacefully sitting together. But someone disturbed this peace.

“Hey, waiter! Waiter!” Someone shouted.

A big burly blond man with spiky hair with the front of his head’s hair is bald.

“Yes?” A waiter said.

“You let that stinking animal in here?” the man said, looking genuinely confused and surprised.

Joseph stood up from what the man said, but didn’t act as he saw that smokey is holding it in. while Dio is looked silently to Smokey, expecting him to retaliate.

‘Don’t be a useless weakling, thief,’ Dio said in his mind.

“His odor is ruining my appetite! You shouldn’t let that kind in!” the man said while chewing his food.

“Sir, as long as the bill is paid, we are happy to serve anyone,” the waiter replied

“What did you just say? You’re saying that you’ll let pigs like that eat pigs in here? Huh!” he said, hitting his chair in annoyance.

Hearing the insults thrown at him, Smokey stood up.

“I think I should go home now,” he said as he prepared to leave. But Joseph caught his hand.

“If you’re leaving now then you’re proving to everyone here that he’s right,” Dio said, causing both Joseph and Erina to look at him.

“Dio, don’t be like that,” Erina said.

“Oi Dio, what are you saying,” Joseph said, walking to Dio.

“Wait, Joseph. What Dio said is right. But I don’t want to cause any more trouble to all of you after all you’ve done for me,” Smokey said, but Joseph grabbed his shoulder and forced him to sit back down.

“Sit down, I’m going to take care of this,” Joseph said as he readied himself into a fighting pose.

“JoJo!” Erina said, making JoJo hesitate.

“Granny, don’t tell me you’re going to stop me, are you?” Joseph said.

“No, people can have their own opinions but he insulted a friend in public. Take him down, but mind the other customers!” Erina said, surprising Smokey. Especially when he heard the word friend from her.

“Also, make the show more entertaining,” Dio said on the side.

“Shut up, Dio,” Joseph said.

The blond man laughed as he heard Joseph and stood up.

“Looking for a scarp, boy?” he said as he is cracking his knuckles. After he is done, he put his right hand into his coat pocket!

“If you’re searching for your brass knuckles, they’re not in your coat pocket! Check your back pocket!” Joseph said, surprising the bystanders around.

Heading Joseph's words, he searched his back pocket.

‘Don’t tell me,’ he thought as he pulled out his brass knuckles from his back pocket.

“Now you’ll say, “How did you know that bastard?!” isn’t that right,” Joseph said, pointing at the man.

Then the blond man said what Joseph predicted.

“How did you know that bastard?! Haaaah?!” he said, scared and surprised.

“By the abrasions on your right hand, I know that you fight using brass knuckles, plus the blood on your shirt isn’t yours. You just came back from a fight. Since the blood is on your shirt. I know that you took off your coat while you’re fighting. So, when you took off your brass knuckles, you had to put them on your back pocket” Joseph said, with the blond man checking his shirt under his coat and found that all that Joseph said is true.

In response, he equipped his brass knuckles on his right hand, but Joseph continued.

“Now the next thing you’ll say is “So what, you little punk?!” he said.

“So, what, you little punk?!” the blond man said, punching towards Joseph.

Blood came out and the feeling of satisfaction appeared in both the blond man and Joseph.

“Gotcha!” the blond man shouted as he punches repeatedly towards Joseph.

“You like that?! don’t get uppity with me!” he said, satisfied with his beatdown.

“No, I don’t think so. What are you punching?” Joseph said.

The blond man looked at his hand and realized that what he was punching this whole time is not Joseph, but a wood cross. Soon pain filled his hand as two wood spikes pierced his hand.

“It wasn’t me that you’re pummeling so happily,” Joseph said as the blond man pulled his arm and fell down in pain.

“I can predict anything that your simple mind can come up with. Don’t you understand you, Idiot?” Joseph said, garnering applause from everyone here including Dio and making Smokey happy.

But the happy atmosphere died down when a man with a sharp face slammed his hand on his table and stood up.

Joseph readied himself but, the man didn’t have any intentions to fight.

“Please forgive my underling, madam. You are Erina Joestar, right? I do a lot of business with Mr. Speedwagon and Mr. William Jackson. Mr. Speedwagon told me all about you in London a while back. I’m glad to see you” he said, walking closer to the group.

“I heard something from Mr. William Jackson a while back and he told me to not tell you, but I believe that you deserve to know it,” he said as he stopped in front of Joseph.

“Mr. Speedwagon and Mr. Jonathan Joestar are Dead. With Ms. Joanna’s situation unknown,” he said, Shocking both Joseph and Erina.

“Jonathan…I-is dead?! He can't be!” Erina said as tears started to come out.

“Bastard how dare you!” Joseph said, pulling the man suit.

“Wait, Joseph! He has more to tell us,” Dio said, standing up.

“As I was saying, he said that the culprit is unknown right now, but Mr. William suspects that the Tibetan monk that’s with Mr. Jonathan at the time could be the culprit. But doubt it as his reports said that a number of the corpses in the scene were strange and he is currently researching the corpse as we speak” the man said.

“I see, thank you for bringing this information to me,” Dio said as he walked until he’s beside Joseph and punched the man in the face, causing to fall to the floor.

“But your superior which is my uncle said that you shouldn’t tell this to granny Erina!” he said, as he kicked the man

“Yeah, why did you upset Granny Erina!” Joseph said as he also kicked the fallen man.

Umm I'm kinda late again by like 3 days sorry about that, But, I will try my best to do daily uploads again but I don't think I can right now because of reasons. anyway if can keep up with my inconsistent updates thank you. if you can't well, well I know why cause I also get impatient when a novel that I like is late to its updates. but now I can relate to it I guess.

 

4