Prologue
256 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My life started in a country in the midst of war, my father was drafted into the army when I was three. During my seventh birthday, me and my mother received news of his death by mail, apparently he had died during an offensive maneuver. 

When I was eleven the war ended with the nation’s victory, however, the war left many orphans and beggars on the street. The economy was ruined and the crime rate skyrocketed.

By the time I was thirteen, I took it upon myself to care for my mother, a lone woman at the time had no protection and attracted ill intent. 

On March 17, I attended a public speech, during the speech, two men had a fall-out, pulled out pistols and fired at one another. The bullets went astray and fell upon the crowd. The crowd panicked and trampled over one another attempting to try and create distance from the two men.

While moving, a large man in suit shoved me and I was knocked off my feet and suffered a headache accompanied by a high pitched ring. I curled up into a ball and covered my head as the massive crowd ran over me. A particularly heavy man stepped on my sides and cracked a rib. I gasped in pain and felt the air leave my lungs.

It hurts it hurts it hurts!!!

Under the pressure of the situation and the pain from the cracked rib, tears welled up in the corner of my eyes  and I internally screamed.

My head spun and dizziness assaulted me, I had felt helpless against the mob, whenever I tried to get up, I was pushed back down by the mob.

The pain dulled and the chaotic shouting soon receded into nothingness. Black slowly started invading my  vision, despite my struggles and protest,my head slumped down and everything turned black.

Among the chaos no one had noticed the child who silently laid limp on the ground, or rather, they completely ignored it, and so, several minutes passed.... 

The shooting stopped and the men were apprehended, by that time, my second life had already begun.

3