Chapter 2. Blue Screens.
140 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up lying in a pool of blood. My blood, I'm guessing.

I'm honestly surprised I woke up at all, as I'm pretty sure I heard something crack right before I lost consciousness. And that something was probably either my neck, my skull, or both. Whichever it was, it would have led to my death with the speed I was running.

Yet still, here I am, as good as new. I don't even feel any pain, and checking over myself for a couple of minutes, I found no wounds on my body. It was very weird. You would have guessed I wasn't the one who bled all this blood out.

And there was a lot of blood. hmm...

Looking closer at the pool of blood I was lying in a minute ago, I found it suspiciously big... too big. Like, even if I bled every last drop of blood that my body contains, the pool wouldn't be that big. Weird.

Meh.

It's not the weirdest thing I've seen since I woke up. Nope. Not even close. That title goes to the screen.

The large, holographic, semi-transparent, blue screen that's taking up half of my field of view.

User's body has been cleared of all impurities.
User's body has been fully healed from all ailments/Injuries.
User's body is ready to integrate with a System.
User's body current Tier is D
User can choose a System from the List of D Tier Systems or below 

I took in the content of the screen.

"What the fuck does this mean?"

'What the hell is a D Tier? Or a System? What ailments did I have?'

With that thought, three smaller screens appeared at the edge of the screen. I tried clicking the topmost one but, my finger just phased through the screen so, I tried focusing on it, and this time the screen enlarged, taking the place of the original one, while the original one shrank and joined the other two small screens.

 Tiers
The common system used by the System Verse to establish hierarchies for entities within it.
There are 7 Tiers total, taking up the 7 first letters of the User's language's alphabet.
In the current User's case, Tiers would be categorized as

Tier G- the lowest Tier an entity could be labeled with.
Tier F- Lowest rank to contain Living-Subcategory(Animals)-Type-Entities, within it.
Tier E- Lowest rank to contain Living-Subcategory(Monsters)-Type-Entities, within it.
Tier D- Lowest rank to contain Living-Subcategory(Users)-Type-Entities, within it.
Tier C- No Information available.
Tier B- No Information available.
Tier A- No Information available.

Notification
Systems
Ailments

"Oh. That's neat."

Reading the preview about Tiers, I got the gist of them, but I saw a word that caused me to worry a little. "Monsters".

Unfortunately, focusing on the 'Monsters' word didn't produce any results, and the same thing happened for the words 'System Verse'.

So I mentally dismissed the Tiers tab (I decided to call them tabs, 'cause they were similar to a browser's search tabs) and moved on to the System tab.

Systems 

Spoiler

A/N: TL'DR:in cave-man speech: "System Good. Many Systems. System Help User."

[collapse]

"The System Verse has many ways to grant power upon the entities within it, be it biological modification, divine blessings, or Demonic Deals, but the most unusual way that it has ever done so are the Systems.
Systems vary a lot from one User to the other. Some Systems are quest-based. Users with this sort of System gain power by completing different tasks that mostly match the theme of that System. It could be something as simple as running 100 meters, or as difficult as building a kingdom or slaying a mighty beast.
As
for Users with a Cultivation System, they gain steady power by sitting down and meditating. They siphon the energies in their surroundings into their bodies, condensing it and ascending the ladder of cultivation ranks. 

There are quite a few types of Systems. No one knows how many there are exactly, but the Systems already known and categorized number well over 4.2 trillion types of systems.

Despite the wide variation of the Systems, they all have one goal. To aid the User to the best of their abilities."

-Excerpt from
(Simplified Guide Into the System Verse).

Notification
Ailments

I skimmed through the block of text, trying to get the gist of it.

It basically says, in cave-man speech: "System Good. Many Systems. System Help User."

Moving on, I clicked(mentally) on the Ailments Tab, and it told me that it healed my cystic acne and mended all of the scars that I had accumulated throughout my 24 years of life. Which means I was perfectly healthy other than that. Huh.

Going back to the notification tab, I clicked on all the highlighted words, but the results that I got weren't all that useful. 'User's body' just had 'Your body' under it, and 'Host' had 'You'. It was dumb, it was stupid, and I laughed at it.

Finally, I focused on the 'List'.

7