Chapter 5: Reaping the Rewards
126 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Authors Note: A Bonus Chapter! I didn't intend to upload one this week but got wrapped into a spiral of future ideas. so enjoy!

 

For the next few moments, the only thing I could hear was my heart thumping away at my chest. Thump. Thump. Thump. A heavy breath escaped my lips as the violent aftermath of our battle came into my vision. My arm; the one that I thrust at the last second had ripped clean through the machine’s collar bone region and it was left hanging lifeless. 

 

[The Mechanical Abomination- Andromeda Has been eliminated!]

 

[The Player “Lauer” has been selected as the MVP]

 

Mechanical Abomination: “Andromeda”

COMPLETE!!!

Check Inbox For Rewards.

 

[ You’re the first player to defeat a UBM. Would You like to register for the rankings? ]

 

“...” I hadn't even had time to catch my breath before the game forcefully extended itself. [Silence is an agreement, What name will you register? *note: the name chosen may overpower your actual name in terms of recognisability* ] “...Uh.” [No Name Selected, a name will be randomly generated... “Pork Stew” ] “No!” [The Akashic Records have been filled with mentions of the player “Pork Stew!” ]

 

[The Title “Slayer of Andromeda” has been Acquired, The Title “Pioneer” has been Acquired. The Title “Infamous Pork Stew” has been Acquired. Fame has increased Dramatically.]

 

I opened my inventory and pulled out two small boxes, each one decorated with different shipping addresses and the like. I opened the one on the right first and pulled out the objects I found inside. From left to right was, A Mecha-Human Core to create an alternate body, Artificial Personality Injectors to allow a robot to have emotion, A Note, A Map, A Skill Book, Another Mysterious Pill, A Pair of Grieves with engines built-in, and A Technique Scroll.

 

I instantly grabbed the note and began reading, after a few minutes of trying to decipher the sloppy handwriting I got the gist of the note. “Dear esteemed *******, I am currently ******* and won't be able to come home for a while. Please tell **** that Ian ******** Buried beneath the shrine. If he finds it- he’ll be able to start inventing!” It seemed to be a note from father to son. The Map didn't help elaborate, as it seemed to have been soaking in water for quite a while which made it hard to decipher.  “Oh well- what can ya’ do.” I turned my attention back on the other items and a mischievous smile filled my face. As I read over the details the smile only got wider.

 

Artificial Muscle Compression:

Active

Rank: C

Artificial Muscles Made of Steel Fiber begin gathering in your body. You can use it everywhere at once for an equally spread but low-level increase in ability, or displace it into one part of your body for an explosive increase in ability.

 

The Skill Book contained an amazing skill!

Mysterious Pill (Mind)

Consumable

Rank: D

 A Mysterious Pill that may be beneficial. Its exact properties are unknown, but you can guarantee it has something to do with your mind.

 

The pill was questionable.

Engine Clad Grieves- Andromeda

Armor

Rank: A

The MVP award was awarded for the elimination of Mechanical Abomination- Andromeda.

Increases Speed by 400%

Increases Evasion by 200%

Skills: [Extreme Speed] [Smog] [???]

 

The grieves would carry me.

 

Technique: 13 Steps Towards Hell.

Technique

Rank: A

A Technique that serves no apparent purpose. Its properties are unexplainable and even reading this document fills you with unease.

After all of this, My level had gone up allowing me to allocate skill points. All and All this was a very successful first day.

Name: Lauer “Pork Stew”  (Level 17)

Tribe And Job

Personal Attribute and Growth Rate

Stats:

Strength: 20 --} 29

Speed: 5 --} 20 (80)

Evasion:  0 --} 10 (20)

Endurance: 50

Intelligence: 60

Status Points: 34 --} 0

Skills: [Artificial Muscle Compression]

Techniques: [Soft Body (Subset) ] [13 Steps Towards Hell]

Titles: [Slayer of Andromeda] [Pioneer] [Infamous Pork Stew]

Tribe: Cybernetically Enhanced Human (Progenitor)

Tribe Traits: As a C.E.H you can use weapons and abilities exclusive to both the Cyborg and Human Tribes respectively. Though, due to being part cyborg, you have extremely high intelligence and endurance to make up for your abysmal evasion stats.

Tribe Skills: [Machina Maker] [Humanity]

Current Modifications: [Semi-Fluid] [4 Armed]

Job: N/A

Not Yet Accessible.

 

--

 

“Ow!” an ecstatic smile filled my face as liters of blood poured from my wounds, it covered the floor and covered my enemy. The man I was fighting had a horrified look on his face as he backed into a corner. I pulled my broken body up from the ground and slunk over to the man; for some reason, he scrambled for the blinds before pulling them suddenly filling the room with sunlight. “If I'm gonna die, then I'll at least take you down with me!!” when he pulled the blinds his body evaporated into ash, I felt bad because... “That’s annoying you know.” his dying card was completely ineffective. 

 

[The Archduke of Vampirical Failures- Dracula Has been eliminated!]

 

[The player “Carmilla Karnstein” has been selected as MVP]

 

[ You’re the second player to defeat a UBM. Would You like to register for the rankings? ]

 

“Seriously Second? That's pretty good if you ask me. Sure- I'll register.”

 

[What name will you register? *note: the name chosen may overpower your actual name in terms of recognisability* ] “Hmm... How about Carmilla” [ Accepted. The Akashic Records have been filled with mentions of the player “Carmilla!” ]

 

[The Title “Slayer of Dracula” has been Acquired, The Title “Second to Pork Stew” has been Acquired] 

 

“Pork Stew? What a terrible name!” I began laughing hysterically just like so many others did. After I finally calmed down, I equipped my MVP reward and continued on my way towards my destination: The Nevermore Shrine.

 

6