2- New Master
35 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The youth stood up and bowed as humbly as he could after the three elders finished greeting the sect leader. All of them nodded at him then settled down into their respectful seats. The oldest looking elder suddenly laughed, "The young generation surely is getting more and more good looking!"

Shi Lei nodded, "This is Sect leader Duan Jing's nephew, Wu Huan. Of course, he must be handsome and talented. Does the elder take a liking to him? Your peak can take a new disciple, especially someone who has as much potential as he does."

The elder hummed in agreement, his wrinkled eyes observing him.

"I heard a lot of good words about him from his late master during his good year especially on his sword work," another elder sighed as he placed down his teacup. "Young man, you have surpassed the eighth stage, haven't you? ''

"Yes, elder." He replied almost instantly despite being reminded of his late master.

The oldest looking elder spoke again, exclaiming sadly, "As much as this elder wants you as a disciple, 100 Fragrance Peak doesn't suit your talent. We mostly refine pills and medicine. Maybe Elder Yi's Yao Ping Peak is more suitable?''

The elder was referring to the Elder Yi who mentioned his late master earlier. "Elder Zhao must have been refining too many pills that he forgets that my peak specializes in finance and management? How can I let him hold books instead of a sword all day." Elder Zhao laughed shaking his head.

Elder Yi continued but he turned to another elder who was the quietest of them both. Wu Huan was also curious about him the most. "Lai Yun Peak is probably the most suitable for taking into respect Elder's Ciu powerful sword and offense techniques. Not to mention, your only disciple might need a junior brother! What do you think, Elder Ciu?"

Elder Ciu had a very calm yet firm facial feature. He looked the youngest among all the elders, definitely in his late 30s. In fact, Wu Huan has heard about him already all the way from Lan Yan Sect. No one knew which family he came from but he had cultivated from a very suitable young age and became an elder in the Sect as early as 25 years old because of his deadly sword skill and humble nature. He also only had had one disciple all this time and that disciple, Wu Huan suspected, must be that one and only young master, handsome like warm spring water after summer, frost after autumn and whatever. He felt a bit grumpy though. He didn't know why but just thinking about the idea of being this person's junior disciple made him stressful.

Wu Huan didn't dare to admit that after listening to the chef, he felt intimidated by such a perfect person. He just couldn't help building high expectations that he knew would come true deep in his heart.

Elder Ciu had a moment of tranquil silence not minding that the others were anticipating his answer. He was taking his time, which only made Wu Huan even more nervous. His heart was beating against his chest and he could feel the chill at the end of his fingertips.

After the time of half a teacup, he finally raised his eyes to him, "This elder doesn't oppose to this idea. The young master is already good with his sword. If you want to learn more from this master, you are very much accepted as my disciple."

"Yes, Elder Ciu. I won't disappoint you!"

After completing the master-disciple ritual, he had to follow his new master to their peak. Lai Yun Peak's quarter located all the way back of the Sect where the Qi was most condense for efficient training. They had to take the path through the peach garden then passed by the main cafeteria which was in between Yao Pink Peak and 100 Fragrance Peak. The walking distance was a bit further than the others but Wu Huan didn't care much nonetheless. Nothing could bother him anymore today after being accepted to, in his opinion, the best peak of TaoHua.

As he gradually relaxed, he hummed out a very happy tune following his master into another peach blossom forest. The two crossed quite a large bridge that had a stone platter engraved with ''Lai Yun Peak" at the entrance. The railing was a muted pink color and under the bridge, he could enjoy the beautiful landscape of pink waterfall running all the way to who knew where.

There was a training ground in front of a medium-sized white hall at the foot of the bridge. He saw a few disciples training with their swords diligently and shouting their moves in unison. They had on white outer clothes and pink inner clothes peeking out of their white short-sleeves and collars. Their hair was tied neatly onto small buns with simple pink headpieces. Most of them were men but there were also some females just as skilled-looking.

"Wu Huan, remember to greet your senior brother."

The youth turned to his master in surprise because he didn't expect him to speak at all. They had been silent all the way from the main hall, but having him suddenly mentioned his senior brother only until then surprised him a little. He was going to obediently answer him but he saw that his master's attention seemed to shift to something else or rather someone else.

When they just arrived at the training ground, Wu Huan didn't see anyone besides the disciples at all. And shockingly, there was this person who came out of nowhere striding confidently across the training ground to them. He had on a peach blossom color outer clothes and white inner clothes. Despite the cold wind, he didn't wear any heavy cloak and all. He didn't even seem to even bother.

"Greetings, master," he sounded soft-spoken as he cupped his slender hands. Then the person's sharp eyes landed on him, his dark pupils as clear as the sky. But at the moment, Wu Huan could only see the immediate disapproval plastered all over his delicate and handsome face. "Who might this foreigner be?"

Foreigner? I don't mind being called that. But, why does he have to sound so rude?

"Wu Huan," his master sounded like he was reminding him of something.

"Remember to greet your senior brother."

"Se-senior brother, this junior brother's name is Wu Huan. I look forward to learning from you." He forced himself to cup his hand and bowed despite the awkwardness.

He waited for an answer but he heard nothing.

"..."

"..."

This person doesn't even want to acknowledge him in front of their master? No doubt, it's the warm spring water after summer and frost after autumn. Not only his face gave it away but his spoiled attitude as well.

"Master, it's turning dark. I will wrap up the practice."

"Hmm."

When he left, Wu Huan couldn't help but signed in relief. In his heart, he felt like someone was pricking it with a bamboo stick. He took it back when he said no one could bother him anymore. He definitely encountered hate at first sight! No, hate at the first hearing!

"Don't mind your senior brother so much. You two both need time to adjust. Master advises going with the flow."

He nodded.

"Will you start training tomorrow? Or do you want to settle down first?"

"I will be delighted to not waste any more time, master." This, he said with a smile as he watched the disciples putting away their swords and heading towards them.

 
3