4- Taohua City
28 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wake up, wake up, senior brother!" someone yelled loudly outside accompanying a rapid knock like they wanted to knock down the whole door already.

Wu Huan originally slept like a log but his body usually woke up around this time so his consciousness could pick up at the noise. He was too drowsy to bother but the voice and the knock never ceased.

"Senior brother!!! Get up right now if you don't want to be punished by Senior Brother Shi!"

Upon the word 'Senior brother Shi', his brain magically conjured up a gong and ruthlessly slammed down hard as if to declare an emergency. Even if the person was dead or not, he was bound to wake up from the dead at such a declaration. In a short period of one month, his body had developed a survival instinct against this senior brother of his.

"Get up!!" The person tried one last time.

"I-I'm up!!"

He heard an edible sigh behind the door, "Good then. Senior brother, please get ready and meet us at the bridge! Be fast as well! Someone is waiting!"

Obviously, his junior brother meant Shi Lihua but not to add more panic to the person's heart, he generously played down his words. In a time of two teacups, Wu Huan managed to get out of his room with decent clothes attached.

He stumbled nervously to a group of people by the bridge. His eyes zoomed unconsciously at the pink blur of the person. When he arrived, everyone was silent waiting for their Senior brother to scold Wu Huan.

He narrowed his eyes as usual. "We are allowed to go down the mountain for three days. Take the chance to buy and do only what you need to do. Everyone can go separately but must meet up when the sun is down at the place we separate from the third day. Anyone coming late..." he glanced at Wu Huan meaningfully, "will be left behind and punished when they come back."

The disciples simply nodded. Of course, they had heard it all before. Every other two months, the disciples of Taohua Sect were all allowed to go down into the city to buy things or visit their families. Each of them had already prepared their own rack sacks, pocket money, and even planned for the days ahead.

The only odd one out was Wu Huan who had no idea today would even exist. He immediately regretted training alone in the last few days to advance faster. He could have taken it easy and hanged out with everyone at the cafeteria. Now he missed out on such important news, he strode forward weakly.

[No pocket money, not even a winter cloak. And it is snowing...]

He had been getting too used to the idea of not wearing a cloak inside the peak because he always sweats during training therefore he wouldn't need one. Today, he woke up in a rush when he didn't even bother bringing money.

His dark eyes glanced at the person in front. This person absolutely came very prepared. He has on a white thick fur coat wrapped around his slender and tall body. His hair was clasped back in its usual half-ponytail by a pink jade headpiece, adorned like a little prince. Even breathing, he looked nonchalant.

Now very tempted to request to go back but scared of punishment, he suppressed his mouth for the rest of the way down the mountain. Some disciples tried to stir up a conversation but when a fellow looking this dejected and distant, good luck trying to coax him for a decent conversation.

Arriving at the foot of the mountain, Shi Lihua turned around again, "The same place at sunset on the third day." Then he walked off.

With reluctant goodbyes, Wu Huan gave up retreating when a gust of chilly wind blew at his whole person making his shiver from head to toe. It was such labor dragging himself down the mountain, just thinking of going back up and coming down again made him feel ill already.

So, the guy trudged helplessly into the little city. At least he could go sightseeing for the time being then returned when satisfied. Thinking to himself, he squirmed his way among the crowds, turning left and right to see displayed items and visiting temples.

As he walked down a slope in a seemingly busy alley, someone rushed to block off his path. It was a woman wrapped in a black fur coat. Her powdered face scrunched up into a thousand smiles as she pointed her long nail at his chest. "Look at this handsome young gongzhi~ Wouldn't you mind having small chitchat with this younger sister?"

Needless to say, Wu Huan could only pause his lips in discomfort. It was even more unlucky that day for him to walk into this alley.

In the corner of his eyes, a few more girls made their way to him.

"Uhm...I'm not interested?"

"What's the hesitation? Maybe the young gongzhi is not interested because this young sister hasn't revealed it to him yet?" Just as she finished talking, her hands shot up to her coat.

What was that 'it'? He panicked.

Just as a bright yellow something underneath revealed itself fully, a pair of hand shot from behind out of nowhere and roughly pulled her hands back together. The young sister looked behind him in astonishment. Strangely, she calmed down quickly but her cheeks redden. The few girls behind were also at loss for words. Everyone looked so bashful.

Wu Huan in the meantime stumbled backward from the shock, bumping into the stranger. That, someone, was just as tall as him, his fur coat ruffling lightly in the wind and his eyes calmly shot daggers just like usual. Wu Huan shuddered and he suspected it wasn't from the cold.

Shi Lihua let go of the girl's coat as fast as he touched it and retreated back a few humble steps. "Please do not seduce the disciples of the city any longer." His voice was in its usual icy tone but it wasn't scornful. "Come," he ordered simply, shooting a glance at Wu Huan.

The woman: "..."

Naturally, the street is packed tight with visitors and locals alike chatting and laughing their ways back and forth as lively as any other season.

However, the way people started parting for him and the spring after summer to walk creeped him out a lot.

No, they weren't even parting for him to walk.

They were parting for this person in front, the warm spring water after summer, frost after autumn, and whatever.  People's eyes stuck like glue, vendors forgetting what they were shouting halfway and children froze in fear. This person that shot Wu Huan with icy cold daggers with his sharp phoenix eyes every day made people PART their ways.

Of course, it should be more suitable for someone heroic, respected, and worship-worthy.

[But, this person, Shi Lihua?]

He was just as bewildered and confused but for a whole different reason.

His senior brother didn't utter a single word as he let him follow behind. Just as he began to plot to sneak away, the person stopped in front of a clothes shop. He turned to him with a not-so-happy attitude, retrieved a money bag from his long expansive sleeves then started counting.

Wu Huan watched comprehensively, his heart twisting.

Is this what he is thinking? Suddenly, it beat louder.

"Go and buy me a cloak."

"?"

4