The Second Exam (2)
251 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

+++

Named: Dreamy Pillow

Rank: D

Usage: User never experiences bad dreams during sleep.

Backstory: A man, Aster, haunted by his past of killing always hoped for a single night of a calm sleep. He traveled the world in search of something to solve his plight and to atone for the mistakes of his past. He would become one of the many Unknown Good Samaritans of history, but he stilled wished for a night of sleep. The journey lasted decades and in a lone shop of a village in the middle of nowhere, he met a man. The man is unremarkable but when Aster asked him if he could solve his plight the man answered yes. When Aster returned the pillow was laid out in front of him but he couldn’t take it. “Are you willing to exchange your life for one night?” Or so the legend says.

+++

 

[By accepting the item, you are accepting the story of the item as well. You will be accepting the karma of its initial owner. Are you willing to take Dreamy Pillow?]

Ziph didn’t hesitate as he pressed yes and thought how wonderful it would be not to have that same dream every night.

[You are the first to accept a named object of this world.]

[You gained 500 coins.]

[Gods are watching you with interest.]

[Some Gods grew bored at seeing how you gained a named object.]

[Would you like to turn off notifications?]

Like before Ziph didn’t hesitate and pressed yes. The shield and robes were both special but neither were named objects.

Anax was akin to a swat member with his pistol poked out from behind the shield, and Lucia was the dark enchantress. The robe was very seductive by showing none of the naughty bits and accenting her abundant assets well. With her unembarrassed look to top it off, she was fulfilling the role of main wife well.

“You guys ready to go?” Lucia questioned. Anax shook his head and corrected himself from staring at Lucia. It’s okay, I was too dude, I was too.

Ziph, goddamn it Ziph take looking at the pillow like I do Lucia! Now he is petting it! “You and I will be together forever.”

[The God of the Realm is looking at Ziph with a smile.]

Ziph didn’t get this message as his notifications were off and he wouldn’t have noticed anyway as that pillow was his only love.

[The God of the Realm says, “Ziph loves me.”]

He doesn’t know you!

“Ziph!” Lucia barked forcing Ziph to look over at her in a stupor. He was really depressed to be separated from his pillow.

“Are you ready to go?” She asked in a sweet song a long tone a complete flip from her angry bark seconds before.

“Fine, fine.” He agreed

“What did you do before this whole exam scenario?” Anax asked, making small talk as they moved through the hallway in search of another door.

“I was the CEO of Glory.”

“I was a random store clerk.”

“How did a random clerk kill someone?” Anax asked his voice filled with suspicion behind the laugh.

“I didn’t. I made it through without killing.”

“It’s okay to admit to being a murder, we all are now.” Anax speech was somber, his head downcast leading the group.

“He didn’t kill anyone. In actuality, he slept through the whole exam.”

“Then how did he live?”

“I don’t know. And neither do these so-called Gods.”

“You’re an interesting existence Ziph.”

“I always here I’m a fake one.” To those of you who don’t Bible tales, Ziph was the city David hid in from Saul. The citizens continuously ratted him out to the King. Though the name meaning turns into Falsehood. Why? No clue, I’m not omnipotent.

[The God of the Realm says, “I’m.”]

Then why is the name meaning falsehood?

[The God of the Realm says, “Because Humans decided so.”]

I hate that may be the honest truth.

Our party now stood in front of the door with Anax at the lead. With agreement from Lucia and Ziph yawning they opened the door to find nothing immediately happens.

“Watch above you,” Lucia warned as Anax cautiously walked in with his pistol and shield at the ready.

He took her advice and looked up in search of anything moving. He couldn’t see anything but he heard a faint buzzing. The buzzing grew louder and just after 4.6 seconds Lucia shot into empty space. It hit something though, stunned from the hit they could now see a giant bee the size of a human hovering Anax’s head, oozing from its eye was a green goop.

He held his shield in spot and pulled the trigger of his own pistol. It bounced off the exoskeleton as it thrusted its stinger at Anax who blocked it.

“Ziph, take out your water.”

He obliged while Lucia fired again but the bee vanished without second injury.

At 1.4 seconds, “Behind you!” She ordered and Anax obeyed his shield blocking the stinger. He reacted and shot going through the wing. At this same instance, Lucia shot through the same wing.

The movement was slower but still not visible to the three in the room.

After 3.2 seconds, “Above you!” At the perfect instant, the stinger was again blocked by the shield.

They both tore through the wings. The bee was growing slower with each confrontation, without Anax being injured. Thankfully the bee was fairly stupid or it may have gone after Lucia or Ziph.

“It’s now.” She pulled out hers and Ziph’s water.

“Behind you!” She shouted but this was a lie. The stinger came from the front and went right through Anax.

Unable to move during this momentary time Lucia had thrown the water bottles into the air and shot them both. The water sprayed over the bee and she chanted, “acidum acceleratio"

The bee hummed in pain for the first time as it turned to a green acid puddle.

[You are the first to kill a 9th grade Bee.]

[You have gained 600 coins.]

“Finally, he’s gone.” She walked into the room and Ziph followed behind her.

“You knew it would attack from the front,” Ziph confirmed with an expressionless face.

“Yes I did, but he can’t live past this room.” She walked over the shield and waited for the acid to vanish before touching it.

“You the main character of this story?” Ziph wondered placing his pillow on the floor.

“Not even close. I’m can’t even compare to what that genius can do.” She hooked the shield on her back.

“I’ll be in your care either way.” He waved it off without a care. He knew she was hiding things but knowing the truth wouldn’t matter. He just had to follow her to the end and everything would be okay.

“I should be saying that to you. Usually, the hero rescues the heroine from danger.” She retorted.

“You aren’t the heroine. Nor am I the hero. Night.” With his head against the pillow, he fell immediately to sleep.

This is where our story truly begins.

[The God of the Realm is sad.]

Why are you sad now? I didn’t even make fun of Ziph that much this chapter.

[The God of the Realm is already out of popcorn.]

I swear you are just as bad as Ziph.

6