Prologue
63 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the top of the most tallest building in Texas. There is a girl that sat in the most comfortable seat in the whole world. Probably... That may just be my opinion. But who cares, as long it can help me perform at my best.

Because here I am, skimming the contents of the paper I am holding. Filled with clauses of laws, conditions and contracts. What is this 18 year old girl doing with such important papers?

A man knocked to my door and said, "Miss, the meeting is about to start."

"I'll be right there." I replied.

Veronica Waltz. That's my name. Heiress to the most powerful conglomerate in the USA.

And that said company is named, "The Project Company"

It was built by my great great great grandfather. Yes, that's a lot of great. That is how old the company that I am going to own in the future.

As I walked through the halls, I saw my father grinning, happily, seeing me walked towards him.

I bet he is looking forward at my upcoming meeting. It is a discerning factor of my promotion to be CEO.

This meeting that is attended by the board of directors, will literally hold the key to my future, the dream that I've always wanted.

My father hugged me and and said in a soft voice, "My dear girl, good luck. I know that you can achieve whatever you wanted. As long as you put your heart and dedication to it."

Ah, comforting words by my father. Nothing to be surprised by that. He is the reason why I came this far. He is the best mentor that any child wanted. For that I said,

"Thank you for everything father." I hugged him with the best hug I've ever given to anyone.

As we part ways to each other, tears began to flow out of my eyes. The memories of my childhood began to flash, as I remember the good'ol days.

I faced the door right in front me. This is it. I am no longer a child, but an adult that will leave a mark on the company's history.

As I faced my resolved, remembering my father's words and the promise that I've given to my dead mother.

I opened the door and started a new. Hold on to your butts, directors. Because Veronica Waltz will soon be your leader.

3