Side Story 1.2
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I wanna have an authors note here, but I don't know what to write and I wanna go to bed. So here's a song recomendation.

"Destroyer" by Saint Motel

In a vast white void a young looking girl with long, almost black, green hair was walking towards a house that has clearly seen better days, and has much worse days to come. Even those with the most perceptive eye would find it hard to spot the fact that the small, frilly dress she was wearing was made out of nothing but plant-life. Much easier to spot was the fresh dirt still staining her bare feet as it blemished the white void where she stepped.

The smile of satisfaction the girl made when she saw the pile of weeds that was once a screen door faded when she turned her gaze to the open door of the house. The girl, a dryad-cum-god name Vitara, did not want to be here.

Yet she could not contain her curiosity.

About five years ago, Vitara agreed to take part in a game where each sibling would take a Second and send them to the planet Lesotis. Vitara was happy with her choice, as the Second she chose valued the life of plants almost as much as she did, but she soon began to wonder what her sibling’s Seconds were like.

She was confident that they wouldn’t be as smart, pretty, kind, and lovable as her’s, but the nagging thought that there's a small chance that they might be all those things ate away at her.

So she began to search for her sibling’s Seconds.

Finding them wasn’t too difficult. The Seconds were reincarnated souls, their magic would be plenty noticeable considering they would be naught but children and be on-par with most adults. However searching that way would take time, and even then it isn’t certain that whoever she finds really is a Second.

So she tried searching for the stones gifted to the Seconds upon their reincarnation. To her surprise, she could not find the other Second’s stones, even if she was sure it was right in front of her eyes. As it turns out, Caboose made the stones that don’t belong to their Seconds invisible to the gods.

So she searched the old fashioned way, and found all the Seconds -is what she wished she could say. She found all but one. Caboose’s Second escaped her sight, and the sight of the other gods.

Vitara wasn’t the only one looking, and she wasn’t the only one who couldn’t find Caboose’s second. They all had their theories and “prime suspects” of course, but none of them held any ground.

She and the others had been searching for the Seconds by looking at their magic capacity, but only the known five Seconds stood out above their peers. That means that Caboose’s Second has an average magic capacity, that only leaves trillions of possible suspects.

So Vitara decided to stop wasting her time, and ask the culprit of their conundrum directly. She briskly walked through the open door of the house and made her way to the basement. Intentionally not looking at the wooden piano, the coffee table, the couch, chandelier, dressers, nicknacks, or any of the memorabilia. She was not here to reminisce.

When Vitara reached the basement door, she did not bother knocking as she could already guess what Caboose was doing.

Wasting his time.

“Caboooooose~! Where's your Second? I can’t find them.”

“Believe it or not, you just missed ‘em.”

As Vitara waltzed in, Caboose muted the TV, which was playing the credits of an animated movie. Vitara made her way over to the chair that was positioned next to the couch and made herself at home.

“Whaaat? That doesn’t help me~, tell me where they are.”

“You tracked dirt into the house again, didn’t you?”

“C’mon Caboose, it's not like you clean the place anyways, although I like what you did with the screen door. Just tell me where your Second is. It’s not like anything will happen even if you tell me.”

“I know, but I know my Second wouldn’t appreciate getting spied on by gods, which is why I’m the only one allowed to spy on them. Also what happened with the screen door?”

Vitara frowned, in an almost threatening manner.

“So you’re hiding your Second? Isn’t that against the rules?”

Caboose put his hands up in a guiltless fashion.

“It isn’t against the rules to not tell you where my Second is, and it’s not like I’m using magic to hide 'em or anything. You guys just aren’t looking hard enough. But I’m sure you’ll figure it out eventually. Anyways what happened to the screen door?”

“You really don’t plan on telling me?”

“Not really.”

Vitara quickly brought her face close to Caboose with pleading eyes.

“Pleeeeeease~, won’t you tell your cute little sister?”

Caboose patted Vitara’s head and gave her an ice-cream cone. All-natural of course.

“No, I won’t tell you.”

“Tch.”

Vitara scowled and stood up to leave, taking the ice-cream with her.

“Bye Caboose.”

“Wait! What happened to my screen door?!”

Vitara left the void without answering.

0