Arc 1 – Chapter 1.5: Resting For Return
82 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The bloodbath from surprising ice shreds enraged Princess Sara and Caroline with a frown of disappointment. Their gnashed teeth and narrow eyes wished the boy and strange amethyst-haired lady to stumble in despair. Most casualties were affected with numbing limbs and bleeding shreds, while others were dead by the inflicted vitals. They helped together to raise their dying legs up, but the outnumbered casualties sufficed in rest.

Caroline clenched her fist and mumbled, “I should remember what I must do.”

Princess Sara heard her words. The face of Caroline had glaring eyes, flinching lips, and gritted teeth. Caroline shook her head while palming on his forehead. Her fingers were sharpening from joint to tip. Her rotten mind caused all of her regrets, although the “Envoy of Sloth” himself irritated her for inadvertent reasons. She, together with the Princess, called him a criminal from the bloody and burned massacre.

Princess Sara continued helping every one of her injured comrades since she wanted not to leave anyone alive all alone. She also asked the unaffected soldiers to aid the injured ones and bury the deceased ones.

Meanwhile, Caroline was sitting on the rock, trying to relax out of her distress. Her single foot tapped on the ground and her palming hand still reached to her critical head.

Princess Sara turned her eyes from Caroline as she left her for a relief.

* * *

A rustling steps on the ground could catch their attention amid the woods. The night sky and the countless branches of leaves shaded around the covered surface. Although the spiky-haired boy and amethyst-haired lady noticed their absent chase, they finally halted their rush.

Their panting chest and mouth faced down with their exhausting body, recharging their energy with rest. The sweat from their head and collar dripped out to the ground. Their cautious ears kept focusing, as they would blow their cover up.

The boy oddly scented the perfume which came from the lady in a bare sheer dress—Lilith Rose. Although she got wounded on her rear shoulder, her hand palmed it to halt the bleeding until the platelets could anytime block naturally, but she forced her hand into the open wound to get the bullet out of her insides and throw it anywhere. Her groan caught the boy’s attention with an eerie tremble.

The boy shifted his inner feelings to ignore his shocking eyes and said, “.... I thought you reek the same as mine, but have you sprayed some fragrance behind my eyes some awhile ago?”

“No, I have no pockets around my dress. Plus, my outfit is part of my job freelance.”

“So,” The boy eyed her from head to toe. “It seems you’re a dancer.”

“You can say that.”

Lilith concealed her truthful words since the boy had his virgin eyes.

Meanwhile, the boy blushed from Lilith’s lustful outfit and shape. Her face allured him, and the fragrance added some spices around his nostril which helped him to wash his fear away, but he looked in every area to confirm their safe state.

“We’re in the middle of the forest. So what’s your next plan?”

“Finding something to ride for home,” Lilith said. “You can have a homestay with me.”

“Is there any bill to pay for the room?”

“I said ‘have’, not ‘pay’. Do you think my home is a settling business? I might say that you can have a free bedroom if you want it or not.”

The boy sighed and stretched his arms. He awed around the peculiar surface. Even Lilith herself was the person who handed him help for questionable reasons. He would be lost forever if no one could see his existence from sibylline context.

The boy planned the last question before heading out for a ride, “Tell me. Why did you save me from them? Is it because I am the ‘Envoy of Sloth’ they were calling me about? Is this some sort of ‘chosen curse’ between individuals like me? You said that you are just like me—differently.”

Lilith paused for a while to plan her answer. She looked at the starry sky of night above and puffed for relief.

“Well, your first question relating to the second is right. Third, I don’t know since someone also called me ‘Envoy of Lust’.”

“So that’s why you said that…”

“Yes. There are many kinds of Envoys around here, and it is unknown for me to know all of them, yet you’re a lucky star between Lust like me… and Sloth like you. I don’t know where you came from. But judging by your appearance, you seemed that you came from a strange place.”

Lilith’s words silenced him for looking at what she eyed. Thinking about it, the boy died from his first life for unknown reasons, but all he thought was a medical cause. Then, he himself existed here to live in another world, starting by the bloody massacre in front of his frightful witness. The reason for his “second life” was something to dare, but the purpose left questionable even if Lilith spoke nothing without words.

Lilith then proposed another question to lighten their mood, “So what will be your dinner tonight? We can just stop by the nearby inn that we can look for.”

“Yeah. I feel hungry for now,” The boy frowned. “If there’s a barbecue steak around here.”

“Don’t fret. I have already explored the location and food around this area, so you might be lucky that I will be your tour guide around here…. What’s your name though?”

“My name is Aoki Sasaki. I am a 17-year-old boy… or man.”

The boy shrugged and dimpled his cheeks since being with Lilith was fortunate for him to spend with her.

* * *

“Oh… I thought you were bleeding from your rear shoulder, but why did it suddenly… heal up?”

“Ha ha~ It’s just my passive trick,” Lilith said, turning her head and finding multiple thatched houses. “Oh, look. We’ve found a convenient place.”

After their lengthy walk, they found multiple houses with casual residents, doing their usual night activities. One with the huge-looking settlement was the inn they were looking for, so they headed in together for a night stay. Once they entered the inn, the guffaws and gulps of every zany man cheered with their sarcasm throughout the bar. There were mugs of beer and roasted meat on their respective tables.

The boy named Aoki Sasaki was breaking his nerve and sweat. He flinched his mouth and gasped while the drunkards could cause the trouble, seeking the attention to raise their entertaining urge. What made him concerned in the worst-case scenario was Lilith’s sole sheer outfit and her attractive body since these drunkards could hit her up. Although Lilith bothered without shame, she instead handed the several coins out to Aoki.

“Take this as your bills on food and stay. We might be separated for just now since this time could be my extra opportunity to earn.”

“Why?”

“Well. Money talks from these guys, but I hope you won’t understand my plan around here.”

Aoki rubbed his chin and minded something that correlated between her purposeful outfit and “... these guys” statement.

“Let me take a guess…. Are you a prostitute?”

Lilith gaped her eyes and mouth and slightly flinched her shoulder—out of her personality-wise.

“.... Yeah. I’m sorry. If you’re infatuated with me, then please take me as my punishment for you.”

Aoki didn’t understand what she was trying to say, but he thought she could hit him up since his words triggered her shocking realization. However, as a wise virgin like him, he minded over nothing to plan on her, so he proposed otherwise.

“You know what? Do whatever you want and I refuse to take your punishment,” The boy smiled. “All I want is some delicious food if this could be my first fresh taste and tummy-fill in this world. Just help me choose for my menu first, then you can hit up with these guys while I hit myself on the table alone.”

Lilith winked, “Sure, gentleman~”

Man! Luckily, I keep my chastity from out of the blue.

Lilith escorted him to take his menu. They went to the chef beside the bartender. Lilith ordered the meal with a roasted steak on it while Aoki gave himself a heartbeat from his memorable stomach. Planning to have a favor, she plucked the paper from her busty cleavages without giving out his attention from viewing the cook.

“Aoki, can you please keep this on your hand?” she handed the folded piece of paper in his palm. “Take good care of it…. This paper is essential to my alternative job.”

He nodded, “Sure!”

Aoki put the paper into his pocket. Lilith left the reception desk and teased with boisterous drunkards for her extra profit. She flicked one of them and wrapped around his shoulder to call for a special service. Then, she posed with one leg stepped on their table. As soon as they caught her attention, they whistled with their feasting eyes over her alluring face and figure while she prepared her enticing voice to speak.

“Hey, boys~,” she bit her seductive lips, “Want some peer party for you? I may play with you if you please me with your gold.”

Their erected smiles responded on her request.

“Oh!! I’m in!!!”

“Yes!!”

“Let’s hit her up!!!”

While Lilith was escorting them to the room, the drunkards walked alongside her for whoring. Aoki was watching Lilith’s tempting exhibition as he waited for his dinner.

“Your order is here, kid!”

He turned his head to the server and grabbed the ordered menu, “Thank you.”

He smiled since the menu was a roasted beef with barbecue coat. He grabbed the first piece and munched it to delight himself.

“Delicious~”

The food astonished his tongue to avoid his erection since Lilith had the usage of her beauty for prostitution. The taste reminded him from all the food back in his origin. Instead of blushing in front of her, he puffed out of his exhaust since he thought and missed his dearer someone.

“Akari.”

1