Arc 1 – Chapter 2: Oh, Great…
206 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*

Noise*

{Timer}


Arc 1 - Chapter 2: Oh, Great...

Looking at the sky, Lawliet continues to think about what he should do with this new life of his. The idea of using [Space] to time travel in the hope of returning back to his original world was something he would have done if he could even remember the exact time before he came into this word. Otherwise, no luck, since his [Authority] may be overpowered beyond belief. But, even it has some limitations on it, and time travel is among the many.

After all, Lawliet wants to give his adopted parents a piece of his mind along with other things before leaving them to enjoy his newly acquired control-free life.

Now back to the [Skill: Stealth]'s [Rank] not being able to go beyond [Rank: Trainee]. Lawliet figure it's because his [Automatic Cultivation] is still at [Rank: Basic] and its limit to develop [Skills] at [Rank: Trainee]. So, Lawliet has already thought of a way to solve that problem.


DING!*

The [Automatic Cultivation] has finished developing the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to [Rank: Trainee].


[Automatic Cultivation] - [Rank: Trainee]

Description: The ability to develop a [Skill] without the needs of the user to manually develop said [Skill].

Trainee - Task: 5 | Reduce Speed: 30 minutes | Mastery Limit: Official


Yup, this worked out for Lawliet, seeing how [Automatic Cultivation] can raise the [Stealth]'s [Rank]. It should be possible to do the same on its own [Skill] as well. Though, Lawliet did expect such a thing not to work, but thanks goodness it worked out. Otherwise, Lawliet will have to rely on pure luck, a miracle really, to figure a way to manually raise the [Rank] of [Automatic Cultivation].

Nonetheless, with [Automatic Cultivation] now able to do 5 tasks at the same time made it good in Lawliet's opinion.


DING!*

The user has activated the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to develop the [Skill: Stealth] to [Rank: Official].

Time of Development: 0 second


DING!*

The [Automatic Cultivation] has finished developing the [Skill: Stealth] to [Rank: Official].


[Stealth] - [Rank: Official]

Description: To avoid open combat, minimize making noise, and strike enemies from the shadow and behind. Completing objectives without being detected by any enemy.

Official - Reduce Noise: 40% | Reduce Presence: 40% | Increase Damage: 10x


Lawliet is dumbfounded at the speed of the [Automatic Cultivation] developed the [Skill: Stealth] to [Rank: Official] so quick. Since he thought it will take more time, then remember how the [Automatic Cultivation] have that one part for reducing speed and was wondering what it was for, then felt stupid for not realizing it would be reducing the speed of developing a [Skill]; well, from what Lawliet could tell. It only affects the time of developing a chosen [Skill] compared to a random [Skill].

Curious, Lawliet activates [Automatic Cultivation] to develop a random [Skill].


DING!*

It will take [Automatic Cultivation] 1-30 minutes to develop a [Skill].


So, the time it took to develop a random [Skill] has increased, making Lawliet wonder why. Yet, this proved that the reduced speed part of the [Automatic Cultivation] only applies to pick out [Skill].

Well, seeing how [Automatic Cultivation] still have 4 open slots to work with. It would be smart to continue to develop the [Automatic Cultivation] until it reaches it hit a wall. But, with the [Automatic Cultivation] currently activated right now. Lawliet is cautious if something wrong would happen if he dares raise the [Automatic Cultivation]'s [Rank] right now.

So for the time being, Lawliet should just develop other [Skills] he will need for surviving in this world.


DING!*

The user has activated the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to develop the [Skill: Tracking] - [Rank: Basic].

Time of Development: 0 second


DING!*

The [Automatic Cultivation] has finished developing the [Skill: Tracking].


[Tracking] - [Rank: Basic]

Description: Follow the course or trail of someone or something, typically in order to find them or note their location at various points.

Basic - Perceiving Track Success Rate: 10%


Lawliet's left eyelid twitches at this. But, that's fine.


DING!*

The user has activated the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to develop the [Skill: Tracking] - [Rank: Official].

Time of Development: 0 second


DING!*

The [Automatic Cultivation] has finished developing the [Skill: Tracking].


[Tracking] - [Rank: Official]

Description: Follow the course or trail of someone or something, typically in order to find them or note their location at various points.

Basic - Perceiving Track Success Rate: 40%


Lawliet blink, to find out that he could skip [Rank]. Though, he can guess the reason why. Nonetheless, with 40% for successfully find the tracks of whatever he wanted to seek out is better than at 10%, that's for sure.

Rubbing his chin, Lawliet begins to think if he could develop the [Skill] at [Rank: Official] at the very start instead at [Rank: Basic].


DING!*

The user has activated the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to develop the [Skill: Danger Sense] - [Rank: Official].

Time of Development: 0 second


DING!*

The [Automatic Cultivation] has finished developing the [Skill: Danger Sense].


[Danger Sense] - [Rank: Official]

Description: The user can sense nearing danger, acute danger, potential immediate danger, or impending danger and sense unwanted or hectic threats to their well-being and evade it. The intuition usually regards themselves but may include their surroundings like a distant car-wreck.

Official - Detect Danger Range: 40-meter radius


Well, it looks like it worked for Lawliet. Being able to skip [Ranks]. Now, with the next [Skill] and Lawliet should have one more [Skill] before he is good for the time being.


DING!*

The user has activated the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to develop the [Skill: Parkour] - [Rank: Official].

Time of Development: 0 second


DING!*

The [Automatic Cultivation] has finished developing the [Skill: Parkour].


[Parkour] - [Rank: Official]

Description: Based on general principles of survival: should one ever need to get from one point to another in a complex environment without assistive equipment and in the fastest and most efficient way possible. The goal, therefore, is seeing one's environment in a new way, and imagine the potential for navigating it by moving around, across, through, over, and under the obstacles.

Official - Mobility Control: 40%


Would have been so useful at the time while he was running, but either way, it's something good to have now whenever he be in a town or city in the future. Better to have now than not. Since he missed out with the [Skill: Gas Bomb Generation] since it could be useful in many ways. Well, he could develop it too, but since Lawliet now have [Space]. He really doesn't need it. As now for the last [Skill] to grab and he should be good.


DING!*

The user has activated the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to develop the [Skill: 18 Dragon Subduing Palms] - [Rank: Official].

Time of Development: 0 second


DING!*

The [Automatic Cultivation] has finished developing the [Skill: 18 Dragon Subduing Palms].


[18 Dragon Subduing Palms] - [Rank: Official]

Description: Is said to be the single most powerful external style martial art in the world, being of unmatched ferocity, meticulousness, and sheer power.

Official - Movement Control: 40% | Increase Reflex: 10x | Increase Raw Power: 10x


And that should be enough for Lawliet since he can't really think of anything else. Oh, wait, there is one more. He needs to get before Lawliet does anything else.


DING!*

The user has activated the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to develop the [Skill: Survival Cooking] - [Rank: Official].

Time of Development: 0 second


DING!*

The [Automatic Cultivation] has finished developing the [Skill: Survival Cooking].


[Survival Cooking] - [Rank: Official]

Description: The user possesses a natural instinct for cooking by using the ingredients of nature. Making astonishing food from what was previously thought to be inedible into rations for group or into the finest food that anyone could ever have tasted.

Official - Cooking Success Rate: 40%


And that's it for Lawliet. No need to get any more [Skills]; well, more like he can't think of any other ones to grab for the time being. Though, Lawliet is a bit pissed at the success rate attached to the [Survival Cooking Skill].


DING!*

The [Automatic Cultivation] has finished developing a [Skill] for the user to accept.


[Guidance] - [Rank: Trainee]

Description: The user can call supernatural forces to help them guide the user for almost any scenario, to perform a task, find their way to a location, overcome adversities (personal or universal), etc. They can even be guided to fulfill a certain destiny.


DING!*

Would the user like to accept the [Skill: Guidance]?

[Yes/No]?


Yeah, Lawliet's newly acquired [Danger Sense] is screaming at him for not taking this [Skill] as it would put him in a lot of danger, even a high chance of dying. So, that's a big nope for Lawliet.

Well, that's enough for Lawliet for the time being. Other than taking this time to develop the [Automatic Cultivation] further.


DING!*

The user has activated the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to develop the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to [Rank: Official].

Time of Development: 0 second


DING!*

The [Automatic Cultivation] has finished developing the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to [Rank: Official].


[Automatic Cultivation] - [Rank: Official]

Description: The ability to develop a [Skill] without the needs of the user to manually develop said [Skill].

Trainee - Task: 10 | Reduce Speed: 1 hour | Mastery Limit: Expert


DING!*

The user has activated the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to develop the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to [Rank: Expert].

Time of Development: 0 second


DING!*

The [Automatic Cultivation] has finished developing the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to [Rank: Expert].


[Automatic Cultivation] - [Rank: Expert]

Description: The ability to develop a [Skill] without the needs of the user to manually develop said [Skill].

Trainee - Task: 30 | Reduce Speed: 10 hours | Mastery Limit: Advanced


DING!*

The user has activated the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to develop the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to [Rank: Advanced].

Time of Development: 0 second


DING!*

The [Automatic Cultivation] has finished developing the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to [Rank: Advanced].


[Automatic Cultivation] - [Rank: Advanced]

Description: The ability to develop a [Skill] without the needs of the user to manually develop said [Skill].

Trainee - Task: 50 | Reduce Speed: 1 day | Mastery Limit: Master


DING!*

The user has activated the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to develop the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to [Rank: Master].

Time of Development: 0 second


DING!*

The [Automatic Cultivation] has finished developing the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to [Rank: Master].


[Automatic Cultivation] - [Rank: Master]

Description: The ability to develop a [Skill] without the needs of the user to manually develop said [Skill].

Trainee - Task: 100 | Reduce Speed: 1 month | Mastery Limit: Grandmaster


DING!*

The user has activated the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to develop the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation] to [Rank: Grandmaster].

Time of Development: 11 months


DING!*

The user has overused the [Skill: Automatic Cultivation]. Unable to use [Automatic Cultivation] for 1 year.


And just like that, Lawliet improved his [Automatic Cultivation] to [Rank: Master] in no time flat. Yet, this pretty much costed him of not being able to use [Automatic Cultivation] for an entire year now.

Well, shit. Lawliet didn't think that would happen at all.

Because of this, Lawliet got the feeling that whoever gave him this [Skill] must have thought of him using the [Skill] on itself and see if he would continue doing so until enough was enough. Now, it's hard for Lawliet to develop his previous [Skills] to higher [Rank] unless it possible for him to do it manually.

Nonetheless, at the very least, some of his [Skills] is at [Rank: Official]. In fact, Lawliet is just happy to even have all these [Skills] at all. Including the [Authority: Space].

Speaking of which. Lawliet needs to make some food because he is getting hungry right now. At the very least he won't be defenseless like before and should be able to grab something around to make into food.


45 minutes later*

Well, it took some time, but he did it. With the help of [Space], Lawliet didn't really have to move and just expand his senses to locate all ingredients he wanted to use for cooking and the process of cooking too. But, the success rate for making food was annoying, but after a couple of failures to make edible food to eat. Lawliet's [Survival Cooking Skill] has successfully worked and now no longer hungry like before.

Though, unlike with his [Authority Manipulation Skill]. Lawliet discovered, that the [Survival Cooking Skill] doesn't really require activating and just cook, where the success rate come into play at the end result. However, that wasn't the end of the difference from [Authority Manipulation Skill]. As upon failing would destroy all the ingredients, leaving behind a mess that smells very bad, causing Lawliet to throw up right away and by the time he puked a third time. He uses [Space] to send the failed inedible food and vomit away. Very far away from Lawliet that he could no longer smell them.

Nonetheless, the edible food he made with the [Survival Cooking Skill] has helped Lawliet with his sore leg muscles. Talk about bullshit cooking just like that one anime Lawliet having a bit hard time remembering, that make things unbelievable effects. Weirdly enough, that is. But, at least Lawliet can now stand on his own two legs without being in consistent pain. As well as being full and no longer hungry.

Though, Lawliet wished he didn't have to eat roasted fruits on a stick. No idea how that worked, but it worked. The taste was better than he thought.

"Now, where the hell am I?" Lawliet mumble to himself, as he continues to expand his senses with [Space]. Yet, for some odd reasons, Lawliet can't find the massive hole that used to be a town there. In fact, Lawliet just realized that he must have accidentally used [Space] to jump into another world without realizing it at the time. Not to mention, going by what Lawliet could tell with [Space] is that right now. He is exactly where he appeared and wherever he was before is no longer possible for him to return. Not that Lawliet wanted to. Either way, this is fine for Lawliet since that world might be very dangerous, to the point that even having the [Authority: Space] would kill Lawliet.

Nonetheless, at least Lawliet has survived from a natural disaster and at the very least. If Lawliet doesn't want to use [Space] to defend himself against people with bad intentions. Then, Lawliet can just rely on the [Skill: 18 Dragon Subduing Palms] alone would be enough. Unless this world is like those martial arts worlds, then Lawliet might have some problems.

As to why Lawliet picked the [18 Dragon Subduing Palms]; well, it's because he found it too cool and useful to not get it as soon as possible once he realized the [Automatic Cultivation] can give Lawliet anything as a [Skill]. Though, right now he has to wait for a year before he could use it again, to get any other [Skills].

Expanding his senses once more and suddenly, Lawliet's senses have reached another place filled with people. However, this one made Lawliet wonder if he should jump to another world or not, for this place is called: Nerima. A district of Tokyo and has a community named as Furinkan. The main setting for most of the characters of Ranma 1/2 lives in.

As to how Lawliet knows this wasn't his original world; well, there is the traditional residence of the Tendo family aka the Tendo Dojo. There are four people living in there, where he knew right away who they are from the Ranma 1/2 series.

Despite being located in the middle of a city, the dojo, home, and grounds themselves take up a decent amount of space. The entire area is surrounded by a stone wall topped with blue tiles. As there is only one primary gate, a common means for several characters to arrive is either by jumping over the wall or smashing through it, usually through the section opposite of the living room. However, a curved footpath connecting the dojo and a rear gate, that has been seen in several episodes.

The Tendo Dojo is within walking distance of the other locations in Furinkan where other characters interacted with, such as Dr. Tofu's Clinic, Furinkan High School, the future Cat Cafe, and Okonomiyaki Ucchan's. The latter two aren't there; therefore, Lawliet might have appeared in Ranma 1/2 before the canon has started or before the characters that own these two haven't shown up yet.

Also, the Tendo Dojo is also close to some public baths that have been used on occasion. Talk about having a nice place to live in.

In fact, if Lawliet's memory is correct about Nabiki Tendo, the middle daughter of Soun Tendo. She is very fond of money, to the point of betraying her family and friends if it earns her money. Then, it should be a lot easier for him to bribe his way into living with the Tendo Dojo while he figures out what he should do with his life.

As for the money? Well, Lawliet can easily get them without any problem with [Space] by stealing money from multiple people altogether in quantity than quality. Where he will grab a bill or two from a person, then by the end, Lawliet should have plenty of cash on hand to pay for the rent and if the rent is above the price of what he has stolen. Well, Lawliet can just steal more cash from other people without them knowing it.

So, Lawliet got to it and in a matter of minutes. He is now carrying 10 bills of 10,000 yen in his pockets. This should be enough for Lawliet to pay rent for a month.

With a single step. Lawliet appears in front of the gate of the Tendo Dojo. Just in time to see Akane Tendo returning back from her jog.

Akane is the leading female and the deuteragonist of Ranma 1/2. She is the youngest of Soun Tendo's three daughters and one of the heirs to the [Anything Goes School of Martial Arts].

Akane is the shortest of the main characters, being shorter than Ranma Saotome in his male form, but about the same height as his cursed form. She has long black hair and brown eyes. Currently wearing what looks like her work out clothes, being a black tank top and matching black shorts, and a towel over her neck.

"Who are you?" Akane asks Lawliet with narrow eyes in a wary tone. "And why have you come here?"

"I'm Lawliet. As to why I came here; well, I'm a wandering martial artist and have visited many dojos. I came across the Tendo Dojo by accident while I was searching for a place to stay upon my arrival in Furinkan. Then, search for the local dojos to see if they worth learning or not." Lawliet lied through his teeth without changing his facial expression.

"A wandering martial artist you say?" Akane asks with interest, but this just puts her guard up even more due to finding this Lawliet person being a martial artist. Even though he doesn't look like it. That doesn't mean she will underestimate him as a fellow martial artist herself.

"Hey, what's going on here?" A female voice called out as the front gate open, where Nabiki appears.

Nabiki has chin-length brown hair that she wears in a bob cut. She is a bit taller than Akane, wearing a black tank top and white shorts.

"Well, hello there." Nabiki grin at Lawliet, as she got a good look and she wasn't disappointed.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Lawliet." Lawliet reintroduces himself.

"Name's Nabiki, so why are you here?" Nabiki smirks while giving her little sister a quick glance before returning her eyes to Lawliet.

"Well, as I was saying to this girl here." Lawliet points at Akane, who hasn't blinked so far. "I'm a wandering martial artist and have visited many dojos and I've come across this dojo by accident while searing for a place to stay and afterward, search for the local dojos to see if they worth learning or not. Also, if you don't mind me asking, but do your dojo provide rooms for rent?"

"Hey! This isn't-!" Akane was cut off by her older sister covering her mouth before she could finish. Much to Akane's annoyance for being stopped from telling Lawliet off for even thinking about her home as some random hotel to stay at.

"It's 100,000 yen per month, and for you, I'm willing to include food as well." Nabiki grin at Lawliet, wonder if he has such amount of money to pay for the rent she knew that in some other places would charge less, but the best ones in the neighborhood would exactly cost around 100,000 yen. In fact, Nabiki is ready to negotiate with Lawliet on the rental price.

"Here you go." Lawliet secretly sighed in relief, that he got the right amount of cash to pay the rent.

Both Nabiki and Akane look in disbelief at the 10,000 yen bills.

Before Akane could say anything. Nabiki grabs the 100,000 yen and did a quick count, to see 10 bills. Exactly 100,000 yen.

"Nice to have you with us!" Nabiki didn't care she letting a stranger living with her and her family. Money is money. "Come on, I will give you a tour of the place." Nabiki grabs Lawliet's left hand with her right and drags him inside, completely ignoring her fuming little sister, who is glaring at her and Lawliet. Not that she would care anyway.


30 minutes later*

So Lawliet got a tour of the place, even though he really doesn't need it.

The dojo is separate from the house and is centered around a large hall for sparring or fights. The calligraphy at the front of the dojo underneath a shrine reads "iroha" meaning "fundamentals".

Afterward is the grounds, where it is composed of a lawn, on which are planted several trees and bushes. The most notable feature is koi pond with a stone toro next to it, that has stepping stone leading to the house.

The house is a traditional two-story Japanese home. The downstairs consists of the following: Laundry room, bathroom, genkan, kitchen, washitsu, two bedrooms.

The laundry room which is passed through to access the bathroom, which includes a furo. The residents or visiting guests are commonly depicted soaking in the furo, which is large enough for three people to soak in at once. There is also a window too.

The genkan is the main entrance, where guests and residents leave their shoes before stepping inside.

The kitchen has a noren in place of a door and a door to the backyard.

The washitsu is a large room that serves as both a living room and dining room and the most commonly seen location in the house, as the family spends a lot of time here. It faces a walkway and depending on the time of the year and the weather, the shoji facing the surrounding wall and the outer doors can be opened to give a view of the pond and garden and allow people to sit on the walkway. There is a TV in this room. The table is used as a dining table.

As for the two bedrooms. One of them is a large room facing the kitchen. Also, the largest room of the entire compound, and it also has a roofed deck. From what Nabiki told Lawliet. There is no one living in this room, so if he wanted to pay extra. Lawliet can stay in this room, which he did, costing him another 10,000 yen. Lawliet got the feeling he was being ripped off by this, but who cares.

The other bedroom is a tiny room connected to the washitsu and the place where Nabiki's father, Soun sleeps in.

The second floor has four bedrooms, with a balcony.

Three of the bedrooms belong to Nabiki, her little sister, Akane, and her older sister, Kasumi.

"So, if you have any other questions. Don't mind asking me or the other residents. But, it will cost you extra for asking me, though." Nabiki grin as she made lots of money today and from the same person at that. So yeah, Nabiki is one happy girl. "Dinner is at 6."

"Alright." Lawliet said to Nabiki as he looks around his new bedroom with interest. Then, he walks over to the large bed and lay on top of it as the sound of the door being closed by Nabiki.

And now, Lawliet has no idea what he should do. Because as of right now. Ranma and his deadbeat father aren't even near Nerima. This means, that canon still hasn't begun yet. In other words, Lawliet won't have to be concerned about being attacked during his sleep or whatever crazy thing would happen with Ranma around. He is literally a magnet for trouble whenever he is around.

Either way, at least Lawliet has a place to stay for a while as he takes this chance to see what he wants to do for a living.

4