Arc 1 – Chapter 8: Sorry, But Not Sorry
119 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*

Noise*

{Timer}


Arc 1 - Chapter 8: Sorry, But Not Sorry

"Um... Can you please let go?" Lala asks shyly, blushing as she has her bare breasts being grabbed by a stranger man. To make it worse for her, this is considered as asking for her hands in marriage. Something she could use to avoid getting married by those people her father had arranged for her to pick out to marry with and that's something she won't do at all.

"Sorry." Lawliet replied dully as he moves his hands away, but didn't move his eyes away from Lala's naked body, not out of lust, okay there's lust, but it's mainly because he is a little busy using [Space] to locate where Lala teleported from to check if there are any other aliens. Yet, to his surprise, there is none or more like Lawliet can't find any of the familiar aliens trying to bring Lala back to her planet.

"So..." Lala realized this earthling wasn't getting out of the bath nor did he even blink and kept on staring at her, making Lala's heart race. Something she didn't expect to happen, but it's happening right now!

"You're standing over me. I can't really get out without ending up touching you." Lawliet said to Lala, who blush even more after realizing what her current position is.

Quickly, Lala got out of the bathtub, allowing Lawliet to get out himself and grab the nearby towel to wrap around his waist. Afterward, reaching behind him, Lawliet pulls out a yellow towel to hand over to Lala. Which she took quickly to wrap it around herself, to hide her private areas.

"Thank you." Lala said quietly.

"No problem. Come on, follow me. You can explain your story once we move to a more secure location." Lawliet said to Lala as he uses [Space] to make the door in the bathroom to link with his bedroom temporarily in order to avoid having the others discovering Lala.

Lala quietly follows behind Lawliet without any hesitation.

"So, just letting you know now. But, you're not in your world or pretty much your reality." Lawliet said to Lala the first thing came into mind as he closes the door behind him.

"What do you mean by that?" Lala looks at Lawliet with a confused look. Of course, she understands about the multiverse theory or more like there are some rumors it being true; however, Lala never thought she would actually accidentally enter into an entirely different reality.

"Yeah, whatever you use to teleport have somehow synced with an unstable connection to this reality for a brief moment and you came here. Honestly, you're pretty lucky you appear before me instead of someone else." Lawliet can only think of all the chaos that would happen if Lala appeared to anyone else in this world of Ranma 1/2.

After all, Lala's most distinguishing ability is being an extraordinary inventor. She is considered a genius and has made many inventions. However, Lala very much has the personality of both a perky child and an absent-minded scientist, resulting in all of her inventions being very toy-like, troublesome, mischievous, and causing unintentional fanservice. Despite her naturally cheerful and somewhat childish nature, Lala is not as emotionally immature as she would appear.

Moving on. Another distinct feature is how incredibly fast she creates her inventions. As well as being able to redesign other material objects into something more and even being able to disassemble warships, making her very dangerous if she falls under someone with bad intention and able to manipulate Lala to do their bidding.

To make it worse, Lala is very naive about earth culture and will often make highly dangerous mistakes by either accident or serious miscommunication throughout the series. This includes her inventions as usually do not work as well. Often resulting in a perverted accident. Therefore, Lawliet is treading on thin ice with Lala whenever she has one of her inventions out.

"I see." Lala nods her head, understanding right away why she entered into an alternative reality, then something hit her. "Wait, how do you know this? Unless all earthlings in this reality are that advanced, to the point of traveling the multiverse?!" Lala looks at Lawliet in awe.

"Not even close." Lawliet waves his hand with a deadpan on his face. "It's because I have the [Authority] over anything related to [Space]. Therefore, giving me all the knowledge of past, present, future related to anything to [Space] itself. So, the moment you appeared, I was hit by a wave of [Spatial Energy] from reality itself and got a small brief moment to see the other side of your reality." Honestly, Lawliet can even send Lala back to her reality right now, but seeing how she appears before him. Then something must have sent Lala his way instead of someone else and the more Lawliet try to push Lala away. The more chaos will come back in return.

"Oh!" Lala never thought of someone with such powerful ability, not even her father would have absolute authority over the concept of space itself! Whoever this man before her made Lala realized, that there are even more powerful beings that could easily defeat her father. Though, Lala wonders if there is anything more to Lawliet than he let on. No matter! Lala just happy that she would be able to avoid all those people trying to marry her.

"I'm Lawliet. Just a simple person on vacation." Lawliet considers this new life of his as a vacation, so technically, not lying to Lala.

"I'm Lala! I come from the Planet Deviluke and just letting you know, that I have a tail as well." Lala turns around to show off her [Devilukean Tail], which she can use to fire laser beams from the tip of her tail. However, her tail is both her weapon and her weakness, for it is very sensitive. Making her become weak and lose her strength whenever someone touches it. "It's nice to meet you, Lawliet."

"Same here. So, do you want me to send you back your reality?" Lawliet pray that Lala would say yes instead of staying here, where even more chaos would draw to this area. Seeing how it's mostly related to Lala's appearance that caused the main character's life to be so chaotic and adding her with Ranma is just asking for lots of chaos to happen.

"Um. Do I have to go back?" Lala pout, that Lawliet wanted to send her away after he just proposed to her. "Not to mention, you did grab my breasts and is considered as a proposal on Planet Deviluke... which I kinda accepted." Lala didn't really fall for Lawliet, but more like he the only one who could help her out. Plus, Lala knows she would fall for him after a while as long she stays near him.

Shit.

Lawliet truly was hoping this whole grabbing breasts as a proposal thing wasn't a thing. Therefore, this Lala must be from the anime version at least and she actually agreed to his so-called proposal for her hands in marriage.

"Now, let's not do something we will regret. Going by your appearance alone. You should be considered around 15 years old on earth for humans." Lawliet trying to hint to Lala about the huge age difference or whatever, while trying to figure a way to send Lala back peacefully, not forcibly.

"What does that got to do with anything?" Lala tilts her head.

Lawliet forgot that Lala is an alien for a moment and carefully explained the whole age difference, along with the fact, that Lala is technically a minor and would be frowned upon society for Lala to be engaged with someone older than her, with the age difference being 7 years. As well as that Lala needs to be at least 16 years old to even legally be able to marry.

"But, I am 16 years old, though." Lala said to Lawliet, giving him a smile. As it looks like there won't be much problem for her to marry Lawliet after all. Really, the earth culture even in this alternative reality is so confusing, that people put serious importance towards ages when it's come to the matter of marriage.

And just like that, things became more complicated for Lawliet. Since he expected Lala to be 15 years old like in the series at the beginning. But, it seems like things are still different and Lawliet should have expected the unexpected.

"There is still the part, where a person who is under 20 years of age cannot get married in Japan without a parent's approval." At this point, Lawliet is just grasping straws.

"I wonder if it's just this reality of earth, that's complicated or it all the same throughout the multiverse of earth." Lala said to Lawliet while looking around the bedroom with interest.

"It depends on the time of the earth and history really." Lawliet starting to get a headache and remembering something much more important right now. "Also, here. I'm sure you're getting cold without having anything to wear." Lawliet quickly uses [Space] to get some clothes for Lala to wear, which is just a plain pink shirt and black shorts to go with it.

"Thanks, Lawliet." Lala smile at Lawliet, then drop her towel, revealing her naked body to him and begin to put on the clothes she is given. "Hm. This feels a bit tight a little." Lala comments, earning herself another different set of clothes throw at her, but bigger size. "Oh! Thank you!" Lala quickly takes out the one she just put on and wear the new one she is given. "Must better." While the one she worn just now disappears.

"Don't you have family waiting for your return? I'm pretty sure, that your absence would lead to many of your family members feeling worried to find out where you are." Lawliet knew using Lala's family wasn't the best way to get rid of her, but better than going for a forceful way. He has seen all the events of people trying the forceful way and it always comes biting them back in the ass later or sooner than one would expect.

"I'm sure they will be fine without me. After all, I've run away from home more than once. I'm just more surprised, that I accidentally escape into another an entirely different reality from my own, making it nearly impossible for my family to find me and among other people." Lala didn't want to tell Lawliet exactly why she wanted to run away, but decided to anyway. "I'm being chased. Well, was." Lala realized her pursuers don't have any methods to enter this reality. She was plain lucky she could. "I thought it would be safe if I came to earth, but the pursuers continue to follow me... I was about to be taken away on their ship. If I hadn't used this ring. Hey, where is my ring?" Lala noticed the lack of a ring on her fingers. "Darn, I guess it must have been destroyed during the process of switching to another reality."

"So, you're not going back home?" Lawliet asks Lala in a tired voice, seeing how it's already night time already and it's should be time to sleep. It was only due to [Space] that blocking all the sounds from leaving this room. Otherwise, everyone in the house would have heard Lala and him by now.

"Do you not like me?" Lala asks Lawliet, looking a bit sad for being rejected while she been the one rejecting others, who wanted to marry her. This kinda made Lala feel something different, unfamiliar, but at the same time familiar too.

"Lala. We literally just met." Lawliet wanted to point this out to Lala, then once again, forgot that meeting and trying to marry each other on the first day might be a common thing for Lala's people. "Not to mention, you'll need a parent's approval."

"Doesn't mean we can't get married." Lala smile at Lawliet. "Plus, I'm pretty sure these rules only apply to earthlings?" Lala recalls, that there were a lot of times, where one of her husband candidates tried to use his planet's laws on her in order to marry her. Therefore, her father had to get involved to make it so no rules would affect her and her family.

"I..." Lawliet wanted to argue, but realized Lala's points. These rules only applied to earthling; well, humans really, and not towards devilukean. "Okay, whatever. I'm going to bed." Lawliet gave up convincing Lala to return back to her reality. Maybe he can throw Lala at Ranma or something.

"Okay!" Lala quickly got into the same bed as Lawliet, then move a bit closer to cuddle.

Lawliet was tired for all this and just let Lala do whatever for the night.


The next day*

"So, who is she?" Nabiki asks Lawliet while pointing at Lala, who is hugging Lawliet's left arm and smiling happily. For the first time, Nabiki is jealous of another, not knowing that someone else is feeling a bit jealous of Lala too.

"She-"

"Hi, I'm Lala and Lawliet's fiancee. It's nice to meet everyone." Lala gives everyone a bright smile, not noticing the look on Nabiki and Kasumi is giving her.

"Oh, she must have traveled a long way to find you, Lawliet." Soun looks at Lala with a little surprised, mostly the pink hair. Something he hasn't seen someone with pink hair before and wonder where she came from.

"Is she cursed too?" Ranma asks his mentor, hinting at Lala's tail, causing everyone to glance at it.

"Eh, kinda." Lawliet replied and sighing in relief, that before remember Lala wasn't a dream last night. Lawliet quickly teaches all the things she should answers in a way that won't give her away, that she is an alien and from a different reality too. Luckily, Lala understands the importance of not revealing her heritage. "Unlike Ranma here. She was cursed by something else, giving her a permanent tail and pink hair." Lawliet couldn't recall if there any other color of hair in Ranma 1/2, other than Ranma being a redhead when in his cursed female form. But, better to be safe than sorry. And it's a good thing Lala agreed to his requests. Overall, Lala seems better compared to other girls he knows. Especially for most of the female characters in Ranma 1/2.

"Poor girl." Soun gives Lala a pitying look, which Lala didn't seem offended by this.

"You know any martial arts?" Ranma asks Lala with interest, because if his mentor is this strong, then his fiancee must be a powerful martial artist too!

"Not too much, but I do know how to wield a sword." Lala replied to Ranma's question, drawing a look from others about how she practices in swordsmanship.

"Lala isn't much of a fighter and more of an inventor." Lawliet may as well reveal Lala's talent in inventing things. "Before anyone ask if there anything she had invented and put it up for sale for the people. No. It mainly used for personal usage."

This caused almost everyone to shut their mouths.

"Got anything on you right now, for us to see?" Nabiki won't believe everything from Lawliet's mouth and needs some proof.

"Sure!" Lala reaches into her pocket, to take out a silver toy looking compass, with a black swirl logo with four points at the back of the compass. "This is [Find-Find Compass-Kun]. This allows me to locate Lawliet no matter how far he is." Lala plucks a hair from Lawliet, causing the latter to just have a twitchy eye, then put the strand of hair on top of the compass's screen as she activates the newly made invention she made with the help of Lawliet providing the tools and materials to make it.

The [Find-Find Compass-Kun] let out some beeping noises as the screen flashes between red and green light before setting down to the green, with a blue arrow in the middle of the screen pointing directly at Lawliet. And to show that it really works. Lala moves her compass around, to allow others to see that no matter where she moves the compass in any different angle. The blue arrow continues to point at Lawliet.

"Can this find treasures?" Nabiki asks with a hint of greed as she stares at the toy looking compass in Lala's left hand.

"Maybe? You need something related to the treasure for it to work, though." Lala said to Nabiki and to prove her words, she tilts the compass, causing the strand of hair to fall off. This made the [Find-Find Compass-Kun] to make a few more beeping sounds before turning gray.

"How much you want for that?" Nabiki knew exactly how this device could make her rich if she can figure a way to mass-produce it. But, first, she needs to get her hands on it.

"Sorry, Lala's inventions are not for sell." Lawliet quickly stops Lala from answering, since he recalls how she very caring and generous and has somewhat the need to make everyone she cares about happy, even those of which she doesn't have any real relationship with and that is something Lawliet will have to work with Lala later if she going to stick around with him. Not to mention, people taking advantage of her due to her lack of earth culture and among other things.

"How about you let Lala here speak for herself?" Nabiki raises an eyebrow at Lawliet.

"Just as Lawliet said. I won't be selling my inventions." Lala continues to smile, not fazed by the glare she getting from Nabiki. Of course, if Lawliet asks, then she might sell them, but since he said no, then all for the better. Not to mention, this prove to Lala, that maybe being with Lawliet is a lot better than those suitors, who would for sure make her use her inventions for war.

"You sure? I can make it worth your while." Nabiki knew that even if she can't mass produce this toy looking compass, then just having one herself would bring her lots of benefits. All she needs is to think outside the box and that is something she has done many times in order for her to gather money.

"Sorry, but I'm not selling it. Sorry." Lala gives Nabiki an apology look.

Lawliet ignores the two for the time being as he narrows his eyes on Genma, where he can easily tell by the look on Genma's face upon seeing how Lala used her [Find-Find Compass-Kun]. Something Lawliet will do his best to prevent Genma to get his hands on them.

"I see." Nabiki narrows her eyes at Lala, then look at Lawliet. "By the way, are you planning to pay for her rent?" Nabiki isn't going to let Lawliet take advantage of her family like how Ranma and his father are. Of course, Nabiki knows by doing this, she just made her relationship with Lawliet going downhill. But, Nabiki takes benefits over friends any day in order to keep her family afloat for a while until she has enough money to live on her own without any problem whatsoever.

"Here you go." Lawliet hand over 100,000 yen without a single change of his expression, causing Nabiki and Genma to twitch at the sights of pulling out money like nothing. "Also, she stays with me. So no need to provide her a room to sleep in." There was no way he going to allow Lala to be alone; well, unless it's Kasumi.

"Right..." Nabiki suppresses the urge to scowl as she just lost many chances of figuring the right methods to get Lala to do things for her.

"Oi, I hope you're not planning to have that girl teach my son. No son of mine will learn from a girl!" Genma glare at Lawliet, for he has ruined so many of Genma's plans and if that wasn't enough. The family's honor between the Saotome and Tendo to merge together into a single school is pretty much null and void due to Ranma no longer using the [Saotome School of Anything Goes]. However, it seems like no one mention this. Making Genma sigh in relief secretly.

"Well, other than maybe having Lala teach Ranma school-related subjects. Then, not really." Lawliet knows exactly how smart Lala is and surpass him with no question asks.

"Wait, why would you let Lala teach me, Sensei?" Ranma looks at his mentor with eyes filled with confusion, that girl around his age would teach him about school-related subjects.

"Oh, because she is way smarter than me. No joke about it. In fact, if she goes to school instead of being homeschooled throughout her life. She would have finished college and got multiple master's degrees by now. That's how smart she is." Lawliet noticed the lost look on his student's face. "In simple terms for you. She is similar to you in the art, but more talented than you and has mastered countless martial arts already and she can still continue to grow without any limit."

Lala blushes happily to hearing Lawliet praising her.

"I see." Ranma's brain finally comprehends his mentor's words and look at Lala in a new light, this is shared with almost everyone. Except for a selected few being skeptical about this.

"No way! Teaching my son your art is one thing, but having him learning from a girl is another thing!" Genma jump onto his feet and took a fighting stance. "If you are planning to have that girl to teach my son, then you got another thing coming!" Genma can't have his son become smart and if what that brat, Lawliet, said is true, then that Lala girl will have no problem teaching his son to become smarter than he already is, making his control over Ranma pretty much nonexistent.

"Oi! It's better than being taught by you! I'm at least glad you sent me to school instead of teaching me yourself outside of the art!" Ranma shouted at his pop, not wanting to stay as an idiot as his mentor continues to call him whenever he makes a few mistakes in his study. Something that ticks him off like no tomorrow. But, at least he is making progress.

"Quiet boy! You better respect your elder! I have taken care of you when you were a little boy! And this is how you repay me?!" Genma snarl at his son, ready to pounce at Ranma, but didn't dare to. Since Genma saw his son taking that annoying stance that always counters his every move. To make it worse, the weakness he found in this stance that its lack in aerial moves had been removed thanks to Ranma learning the second stance of his new art that allow him for aerial battle.

"Like you can talk about respect! And I do respect my elder!" Ranma point at his mentor, to let everyone know exactly who he respects and not his pop.

"Shouldn't we do something about this?" Lala asks Lawliet in a whisper tone, seeing that the duo of father and son is about to fight each other.

"Not really. Plus, Ranma can deal with his own fight." Lawliet replied in the same whisper tone, then return back to his normal volume. "Also, Ranma. I'm planning to teach you another stance later."

This caused Ranma to jump with joy, for this will be his third stance to learn and wonder how powerful this one would be. The first two are already enough to cover over most of his former fighting style and much more.

Genma grim at this, dreading his son becoming much more powerful again. Just the two stances alone are already making him having trouble facing Ranma. Of course, he did try to figure a way to add these two stances into his own art, but for some odd reasons, nothing works for him. Therefore, there must be some kind of secret to using these weird stances. However, upon finding out that his son is about to learn his third stance would make it much, much more difficult for him. Adding a third stance would for sure make him unable to beat his son physically instead of mentally like before.

"Hey!" Akane finally had enough being silent.

Everyone looks at Akane after she shouted, wondering why she did in the first place.

"Something wrong, Akane?" Soun asks his little girl.

"I wanna know, why is no one talking a girl around my age is being married to an old man like him?! He's 22 years old! That's 6 years different!" Akane pointed at Lawliet and Lala, with the latter still hugging the former's left arm.

"Really? That's what you're concerned with?" Nabiki looks at her younger sister with a deadpan. Out of all the things she could say, this is it. Even she knows, that the whole age difference thing is more out of other's opinion really. Something she can use, but going by the look on Lawliet's face. He could care less of what others would say to him, but that doesn't mean he would allow anything too disrespectful could be told to his face. Well, that's what Nabiki could guess.

"You do know, Akane. That daddy and mommy are 8 years difference, with mommy being older than daddy." Kasumi gave her own input, causing Akane to look at her in shock, then look at their daddy in disbelief to find something so unexpected.

Soun looks away whistling. Not wanting to see the look on his baby girl's face at the moment.

Genma took this chance to sneak attack Lawliet while he was distracted, but end up having his face struck by his very own son! How could he have such a dishonorable son?!

"Not happening, pop!" Ranma knew how his pop is. Which is why he has always paid attention to him for a while now.

"Boy!" Genma was about to go all out at his son before he was struck again, but this time from behind and at the back of his neck, knocking Genma out cold instantly.

As for who did this; well, Lawliet, of course, when Genma was too distracted with Ranma to notice Lawliet approaching him from behind. Also, the [Skill: Stealth] helped out too.

"So, I'm just going to go." Lawliet said to everyone, where they just found him knocking Genma out like nothing. Again. "Oh yeah, Ranma. Want to learn the third stance now or later?"

"Now!" Ranma didn't care about what's going to happen to his pop right now. He deserves what he got coming to him.

"I need to see this!" Lala quickly follows after Lawliet and Ranma to the dojo, not caring about the mess they made behind. Especially for the Tendo three daughters due to the sudden appearance of Lala and upon the shocking news for Akane.

Lawliet knew this was a dick move to leave Kasumi behind with all this mess, which is why he already signal Kasumi, that he will make it up for her later, leading to Kasumi quietly nod in his direction with a smile.

While Lawliet planning to teach Ranma the [18 Dragon Subduing Palms: The Swan Gracefully Descends] due to how useful and beneficial for Ranma to learn it. Since it will pretty much guarantee to give Ranma the edge he needs for his future battles, wherein canon he would require a training session to overcome his problems being unable to face his opponents. This way, [The Swan Gracefully Descends] alone will at the very least give Ranma the reason plan his moves instead of just going for brute force with skillful moves.

4