prologue
321 6 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Taking Responsibility of The Duke's Daughter

· prologue ·

{ riell's point of view }

×××

"... Are you sure about this?"

Weiss, my assistant magician, asked stiffly. His eyes didn't leave my hands that currently mixing herbs and ingredients that I collected these whole three years. I couldn't saw his face clearly, but his voice seemed hesistant.

Well, I understand. After all, no sane person would definitely try to do something like this.

"Don't worry, it won't fail."

"I know about that, it's just ...." For a few seconds, he went silent. "Are you sure?"

I nodded.

Since that day three years ago, I have decided that this would be the route I take. 

Weiss went silent, then he said in a small voice.

"Why don't you just live as the heroine? If you do this, they will definitely be heartbroken ...."

I bit my lower lip, the thought on making my best friends hurt left me quite troubled, however, still, I shook my head firmly.

"This is for the best."

Yes.

This is for the best.

I couldn't hear Weiss's voice anymore.

Weiss had been my assistant since I entered the palace as an imperial magician, so I knew from the way he stopped persuading me meant that he tried to respect my decision, even though it would make everything awry.

I may have the memories of my past live, however, in the past, I had no clue about this world, which was different from him.

Weiss realized that this was a world of a dating sim game, and he had become the hidden character, which would be unlocked if the heroine didn't choose any of the three eligible bachelor in the academy and safely graduated. At first, he tried to court me, which was unfortunately the heroine of this world, and that was very scary.

However, after a few times talking with each other, he realized that I was different from the original heroine, which led to both of us opening up and aware that both of us possessed our past lives memories. He shared those informations with me, making me more and more understand about this world.

—And thankfully, he also stopped romantically interested in me after knowing my reason to became the imperial magician, and instead, helped me as a companion. I'm really thankful for his consideration.

Thinking about it, I hope those three could stop themselves from loving me romantically like Weiss, however, people can't change that easily. They were quite forceful with their ways on pursuing me after I turned all of them down on academy's graduation, making me have to hide behind the Emperor's back.

Moreover, recently, it seemed like they became quite hasty because this year, they were already at the age to get married. I don't want to hate them, they were amazing friends. I cherished them dearly. However, if this stayed, I think I would slowly hate them for their annoying pursue and I didn't want that. This was another reason why this plan need to continue.

With this one potion, I would forcefully make all of those men that viewed me as a woman gave up, whether they want it or not.

Finally, I finished mixing everything.

I waited for a few seconds until the color of the potion became deep blue with a few of golden colored strands, before taking it up with one hand and drink it in one go.

I didn't let myself have the time to rethink my decision, I won't let any hesitation with rational reasons hindering my heart's choices. Now that the plan I carefully and precisely crafted since three years ago had started with this potion, I should get ready.

After all, with this one potion, the 'heroine' of this story will be no more, because 'she' had become a 'he'.

{ prologue end }

I just realized I could make an author note *sweats* oAo

hello! firstly, my name is elle and this is my first story in scribblehub. I'm not a native english speaker, so if anyone found faults while reading and pointed it out, or want to be an editor for this story, it would be much appreciated. Hope you enjoy the story!

19