Chapter 13
1.2k 2 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Coming back to his sense with effort, Yao Bai knew that there was no time for self blaming at the moment. The Yao Clan still need him, and Yao Bai swore curse endlessly that he'll stand back up. Like how he did when he struggle for the breakthrough, when he struggle to fight off all of the forces that tried to swallow his tiny rag tag group, just like now. 

"Help me up little Li, it'll take more than a little drug dose to keep me down for the count haha." False strength begins to flow in him as he tries to rouse his body back from the grips of despair. 'Get up Yao Bai, your family still needs you now more than ever!' His thoughts of priorities fighting the drowsiness that threaten to put him to sleep. 

Bearing her own pain wrecking her body, she lift her father up from the floor.

*Crash* A figure was sent barreling throw the window of the room.

"Dear!" "Mother!" Both Yao Bai and Yao Li exclaimed when they recognize the figure who was sent crashing into the room. Yao Shi quickly got back onto her feet as she took a look at her husband and daughter. Feeling needles stabbing into her heart as she saw the poor condition her loved ones were in. 

"I'm fine, I just used the enemy attack to fly here to check on the situation." Raising her guard back up again, wary that the enemy might just send a attack to the room. She went to her husband and knew right away that he was poisoned. As both fortunately or unfortunately that the poison was a slow acting paralysis, as a deadly poison would have alerted Yao Bai right away even with his damaged cultivation realm that is now 4th level Nascent realm. 

They all look outside with wary expression as they saw Yao Wuhan appeared and bow respectfully to the old man. Who was actually the Chen Clan Ancestor sitting in the 9th level Nascent realm. 

While Yao Shi may have told both her loved ones that she was fine, her trembling hands with some blood tell a different story. 

The three Yao family member were able to see that they were discussing something from a distance but were too far to hear any of their conversation. A few minutes later as they were using the time to stabilize their condition and quickly discuss a plan of action, the Yao clan formation fell apart. Not because the formation could not handle any more bombardment of attacks, but because the formation have been tampered with by the traitors in the Yao Clan. 

Yao Li quickly pulled out the formation key jade, only to see the light dim completely from it. Even trying to inject or infuse her Ki into it, did not show any effect. 

'''Run''' As if one mind, with Yao Shi already injected some of her Ki to force out a majority of the poison in her husband body, they smash throw a wall opposite of the enemy. 

Using her jade communication to try to call upon the rest of the Yao Clan elders, she noticed that even that option was blocked. 

'Just how fucking many traitors and how long have they been in the clan!' Unmeasurable amount of anger was steaming inside of the Yao Matriarch mind. "Father, Mother, we need to head over to my room, where I placed Yao Zi in a secret chamber with defensive formation. There is a underground escape tunnel below with multiple exit, saving the clan territory is a lost cause right now with the clan formation tampered with." The Yao Matriarch spoke resolutely about giving up everything they built up. Both her parent nodded with no hesitation as even they could not think of a way to turn this around. Calling their "Allies" would only count if they were standing at the same height. Calling them may make the situation worse as they may even try to throw more stones to the situation to find any free loot they can grab on. 

At a distance, a figure was seen speeding towards them. The figure was Senior clan Elder Yao Yuhai.

"Matriarch!" Relief and anxiousness was seen openly on his face. As he was glad the Matriarch was still fine, but the situation for the Yao clan has change to an even worse predicament.

"Elder Yuhai, its good that you're ok. I need you to deliver a message to any Yao elder and member that you run across. Use all emergency escape path and run away. The Yao Clan will have their revenge, until then have everyone else go into hiding. Go!" The guilt on Yao Li lessen as she was afraid that she'd have to abandon her clansman without any words of planning. Now with Senior Elder Yuhai, she'd be able to pass the message through him. 


 

The Yao Matriarch courtyard

"So this is where we can find that little girl with the physique of the Phoenix?" One of the 2 middle age men disguised as Yao clan member spoke in ridicule. 

32