Chapter 2: Gaia
1.1k 5 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not everyone is born with God-Tier luck like me. 

—Azriel, the Messenger of Destruction.

Yet the same luck failed to save me from my doom.

—Helios, the Sun God.

***

Helios raised his brow at the creatures with the body of a tree; two thick legs with roots at its base, crumbling the ground with each step; two hollows sockets acting like eyes, and leaves shaped like brows and a dense beard.

Helios then focused on the text floating above them.

Hundred years old Treant

Lvl 24

HP – 930/930

MP – 30/30

Treants?

Helios learnt about them in his time as Helios—Treants were a species of spirits that protected other trees and nature.

And right now, these treants were heading toward his village—everyone there was doomed to die since none of them had the strength to stand up to the mystical creatures.

While the treants trudged through the river water, Helios checked his status.

<Helios>

Title – Gaia’s chosen one

Race – Demigod

Rank — Undetermined

Level – 4 (Experience: 20.9%)

Class – Villager (1% XP bonus)

Alignment – Chaotic Good

<Parameters>

HP – 980/1000 (Recovers 23 points per minute)

MP – 600/600 (Recovers 17 points per minute)

STR – 84

AGI – 90

INT – 120

VIT – 100

WIS – 90

LUK – 102

Stats points – 0 (Not usable on LUK)

Physical state – Hungry (I) (Decreases 1% HP every hour and reduces health regeneration by 60%. Can be cured with food.)

Mental state – Calm

Achievement bonus – Natural enemy of Evil (+20% damage against beings with Evil alignment), The third vessel (+30 point in every attribute, +90% HP and MP recovery), Soul of Fire (+250% Fire Resistance), The infamous Charioteer (Easily gain proficiency with riding related skills), The most sought after God of Olympus (Increases charisma by 30%), Zeus’s offspring (+100 reputation for Olympus faction).

<Normal Skills>

Light magic Lv Max (Active)

<Unique Skills>

Gaia’s blessing Lv Max (Passive)

Gaia’s Authority Lv 18 (Active)

The Golden Chariot of Sun Lvl Max (Active)

Holy Flavor of Destruction Lv 68 (Active)

<Authority>

Sun God Authority Lv Max

<New skill discovered.>

Demigod’s physique Lv Max (Passive)

Rank – Unique

Description – As the offspring of Zeus, the Chief God of Olympus, you have gained a demigod’s body. Grants 50 points in all attributes except LUK.

Far from being delighted at his new absurd skills, Helios covered his face with both hands.

“Goddammit, Zeus! You still can't keep your dick to yourself!”

His plans to reincarnate as a human were foiled by the God who couldn't keep his dick in his pants.

Helios swore he would’ve slapped the old rapist if he was before him. As an Angel who prized purity, Helios outright loathed and despised Zeus famous for his habit to force himself on women.

“I will fuck him up later… now, I gotta deal with them.”

Helios landed on the ground and pointed a finger at the foremost treant. A familiar sensation of mana rushed through his body and flowed toward his fingertips, creating a golden orb of light—the ability that frightened fallen angels and devils even in their dreams.

<Requirements fulfilled. You have relearned the skill Mana control (Passive skill)>

<The skill level is Max. Every ounce of mana present in your body follows your will>

[Active skill: Holy flavor of destruction activated]

The treant took its first step on the land and froze as if sensing the threat from this small orb. However, it was all too late.

“Gotcha!”

The orb shot forward like a bullet, leaving a golden trail in its wake, and pierced through the thick skin of the treant. The aftermath was a giant gaping hole in its middle, giving a nice view of the opposite forest. 

<You received 1450 XP>

<You have leveled up. Stat points +5>

Helios dumped all the points in strength and popped his knuckles.

The poor treants trembled at his grin and turned tails. He kicked the ground and darted toward them. Whether he liked it or not, this demigod physique provided an immense stat boost.

<Requirements fulfilled. You have relearned the skill Charge (Passive)>

<The skill level is Max. Attack power is increased by 25% when charging. Sprinting consumes less stamina>

His old skill activated and enhanced his speed. He closed the distance in a moment and used all the momentum to deliver a crushing kick to its back. Wooden splinters flew everywhere as the treant’s back exploded.

<You received 1350 XP>

<You have leveled up. Stat points +5>

Actively ignoring the texts, Helios arrived before another treant and punched its back. Right now, he only wanted to vent his rage and these poor treants happened to possess amazing durability.

“Die you tree-heads!”

Punch, kick, punch, Helios thoroughly broke the sentient trees.

The last treant raised its fist and shoved it toward Helios. He used his light magic to increase his strength and raised his hand—the fist crashed against his palm.

*Bam!*

A frightening impact hit him, forcing him to skid back several steps.

 

He grabbed the thick arm with both hands. Treant raised its other arm and struck down. While holding the arm, Helios stepped sideways and converted all of his mana into brute strength.

With a sharp breath, Helios pulled, tossing the treant back into the forest. Crashing through multiple trees, the treant rolled on the ground.

<You received 1300 XP>

<You have leveled up. Stat points +5>

This raised his level to 9.

Helios gave a last glance at the treant then turned around and leaped over the water.

“Gaia.”

At his call, sparkling glitters rose from the ground and twined, forming the figure of a woman in her early twenties with fair complexion. Her peculiar blue hair gleamed, alternating between green and blue.

“Hey, it's been a while,” Helios greeted her with a soft smile—a smile reserved only for her.

Gaia’s pale golden eyes lit up with joy. It had been a thousand years since she met her chosen one—and his appearance drew a large smile on her eager face. She waited no more and threw herself at him.

“Shirou! I missed you!”

Gaia crashed against Helios, her twin peaks rubbed against his chest. The incredible softness brought a sluggish smile to his face.

If Helios didn’t know the real identity of this woman, he would have fallen for her at first sight. The adorable spirit was just that charming in his eyes.

Shirou… That's my name from ages ago from my human life.

A shallow sigh left his lips. Even though he didn't remember anything, the thought of his first life filled him with yearning.

Helios cleared those thoughts and stroked Gaia’s hair. “Why did I reincarnate as Zeus’s son?”

Gaia looked up and tilted her head innocently. “I don't know.”

“...”

Helios forgot that this spirit embodying the entire world had a few screws loose. She could use the power of any God, including God of death Hades to help him reincarnate. However, sadly, her mastery over her powers was only comparable to the original owner, so she truly had no control over where and when he would be born.

Truly a tragedy...

Helios opened his status and tapped on a certain skill...

Gaia’s Authority Lvl 18 (Active)

Rank – Unique

Description – Gaia allows her chosen one to borrow her authority governing over the survival spirit of others. You can gather it to gain temporary boost in parameters.

The skill had increased a lot compared to his last life. But, it still wasn’t high enough for him. He would need to be a pure-blooded human to reach the maximum potential for this skill and evolve it into a true authority—Gaia’s second authority was linked to mankind’s will to survive on the whole which only included the human race.

A small part of Helios still yearned to become human again. He had long decided to live on his desires and no one will hinder him in achieving it!

***

I didn’t want to dump everything at once. So I kept most of the Skill description for Author notes if anyone is curious.

Gaia’s blessing Lv Max [Unique] (Passive): Always keeps you calm under any circumstances and makes you immune to all mental status effects.

Quantifies your parameters and skills.  

When you kill a sentient being, you will automatically receive their life force as [Experience].

The golden chariot of Sun Lvl Max  [Unique] (Active): Summons the signature golden chariot of Helios, alongside the steeds with fire affinity — Pyrios, Aeos, Atheon, and Phlegon.

Cost 250MP.

Light magic Lv Max (Active): You can use light magic in various ways.

Physical boost – Uses 1 point of mana to increase STR by 1.

Barrier – Creates a barrier with magic and physical resistance properties. Costs 50MP.

Holy flavor of destruction [Unique] (Active): Gives anti-defense properties to your light magic. Effect varies based on MP used.

Sun God’s Authority Lvl Max (Active) – Even after resigning your post to Apollo, a small part of this authority remains connected to your soul. You can activate it by combusting the fragment of divinity. Temporarily unseals Partial deification: Sun God.

24