Chapter 2
3.5k 6 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2. Starting the dream again (2)

Lee Min was staring at Lee Hyun weirdly. His expression said that something was wrong. 

His brother was being strange. He had just shrugged it at first but now he was sure that there was really something different about Lee Hyun. 

"What's wrong?"

Lee Hyun asked, glancing at his brother's face.

He wondered if the food was not to his tastes but as soon as Lee Min opened his mouth, Lee Hyun became dumbfounded.

"Are you really my brother?"

"What sort of nonsense are you spouting?"

Lee Hyun put down his spoon and looked at Lee Min. He wanted to know the reason behind his brother's strange words. 

"It's not nonsense. You are being strange. You even made breakfast and why is this so delicious? How did you learn to cook like this?"

Lee Hyun inexplicably laughed when he heard that.

He was glad that the food was delicious. The reason Lee Min felt he was acting strange was probably because of his age.

Not his physical age. But mental age.

Lee Hyun was 45 mentally and he was also acting like that. That was probably the reason Lee Min felt that he was strange today. 

'I don't even remember how I used to act when I was 25.'

He wanted to act like his 25 year self but he didn't know how he used to act when he was younger. 

The only thing he can remember is that he was crazy for music and used to make new music everyday. 

"Where did you even learn to cook like this? You were not a good cook before."

Lee Min asked as he took a spoonful of the soup Lee Hyun had made.

He wondered if Lee Hyun was taking cooking classes in secret but there was no way of knowing the truth. 

"I just learned it when I was in the military."

Lee Hyun gave an excuse that he had prepared in advance.

He was never a good cook as he didn't like cooking. So, he never practiced cooking but after his marriage, he learned to cook for his…

'Let's not think about that.'

Lee Hyun shook his head off all those thoughts.

He didn't want to think about anything related to his wife. He was back in the past and this time, he didn't even want to see her face.

"By the way, are you going to visit mother today? She was asking about you when I visited her last time."

"Ahh…"

Lee Hyun was not able to answer immediately to that sudden question. 

His mother was a complicated topic to him.

In his past life, his mother was greatly saddened after his father died in a car accident.

She literally broke down and Lee Hyun dropped out of college to take care of her. At that time, he found out that his mother has a heart disease. 

It was a shocking fact for both him and his brother who had already lost their father. 

They had immediately admitted their mother in the hospital.

They still had quite a lot of money from insurance and his mother also had health insurance.

'The problem isn't her heart disease.'

Lee Hyun was not worried about his mother's heart disease. In his past life, his mother had been cured of the heart disease. 

The problem was the argument that had happened between him and his mother. 

His mother wanted him to fulfil his father's dream - the dream to open an entertainment agency.

But Lee Hyun didn't want to do that. He wanted to enter a big agency and compose music. 

Because of their differences, there was a huge argument between him and his mother. In the end, he had not listened to her and their relationship was strained. 

'This time, I won't make the same mistake.'

Lee Hyun had made many mistakes in his past life. Now, he wanted to correct them one by one.

He didn't want regrets this time.

* * *

-Nov, 2010: 'The night sky', it became the highest grossing movie in Korea, surpassing 'A crazy love'. 

-December, 2010: Lee Yora, a ballad singer became excessively famous in China.

-January, 2011: Nike entertainment announced their next generation girl group Nine tails.

-March, 2011: I released my first song for an idol group. It instantly became a hit, making me a popular composer. 

-November, 2011: Luna, a former girl group member made her Japan debut and her album sold 100,000 copies there. 

-April, 2012: All the entertainment agencies started investing in the idol market. 

-September, 2012: A scandal broke out between Jinoo, the head of the idol group Anjell and a popular actress, Hayun.

Lee Hyun quickly wrote down all the events, achievements and scandals he could remember from the future. 

He was scared that he would forget all of it if he didn't write it down. He even typed the unconfirmed rumours he had heard about celebrities and agencies.

As someone who had spent 20 years of his life in the entertainment agency, Lee Hyun has a lot of information on it.

He was familiar with all the secret dealings and dark secrets that the industry holds. 

And he was going to use that information to make his way into the entertainment industry. 

'This time, I would fulfil my father's dream.'

All his life his father's wish was to become the president of his own entertainment agency.

He wanted to make his agency known in the whole world, cultivate stars that can compete on the Global level. 

He had given all his life to this dream. 

He had even gotten an investor and bought a building to start his own agency but his dream was never fulfilled because of his death. 

In the past, Lee Hyun had chosen to abandon his dream to fulfil his own dream but in the end, he was left with nothing. 

Despite fulfilling his dream, Lee Hyun was only left with an empty feeling.

'I had already experienced what it's like to be a famous composer. There was no point in walking that path again.'

After he had found himself in the past, Lee Hyun had pondered on why he was sent back to the past?

There was no logical answer to it and he can only accept it as life giving him another chance to correct his regrets.

His biggest regret in his life was not to fulfil his father's dream.

Lee Hyun had felt that he had made a big mistake by being selfish. Of course, it was later down in life that he had realised that.

But now, he doesn't want to make the same mistake again. 

"I would make the world's best agency."

Lee Hyun vowed that and thought about how he can start his agency. 

The most fundamental thing that an agency needs is celebrities but no celebrity would want to contract with an unknown agency. 

He knows many celebrities, but at this time, no celebrity had even heard the name of Lee Hyun. 

He can only find someone with talent and work hard to develop him or her as a famous celebrity.

But before that, he needs something more important than that - staff. 

There was no way he could run an agency alone. He needs capable people for different things. 

Running an agency needs many people but Lee Hyun can't hire all of them. He needs to start slowly and gradually grow his agency.

For that, he first needs someone who has connections in the entertainment industry. Someone who is well versed in dealing with different types of people.

Only one name came to his mind when he thought about someone like that.

'I need to recruit Uncle Dongsu.'

Kim Dongsu was one of the people that Lee Hyun had disappointed in his past life.

He was his father's friend and Lee Hyun's uncle, but he hadn't thought about anything when he had rejected his request in his past life. 

But this time, he won't make the same mistake.

'I will fulfil my father's dream for sure.'

63