Chapter 4
2.9k 2 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4. Mango Entertainment (2)

Mango Entertainment!!

It was a funny name no matter how people looked at it.

It looked more like the name of a fruit shop rather than an entertainment agency.

Kim Dongsu had also pointed out the same to Lee Keemin, Lee Hyun's father when they were discussing what to name the agency.

He could still remember the conversation.

'What should we name our company?'

'I have already thought of a name. Mango Entertainment!! How is it? Cool, right?'

'It looks more like a fruit market's name.'

'You don't know anything. If we named our agency, 'Rising Entertainment' or 'LH Entertainment' then people would think of it as the same as the other agencies. We have to think over the roof. '

'B-but...'

'I won't listen to anything! Mango Entertainment would be the name of the agency.'

Remembering that conversation would make him laugh at first and then, it would make him cry.

Still, it was one of the valuable memories of Kim Dongsu.

But now, Lee Hyun was saying that he was starting Mango Entertainment again.

It was a great shock to him as he had never thought that Lee Hyun would want to continue his father's agency.

Kim Dongsu very well knew that Lee Hyun was more into music.

He had even requested him to let him take an audition to enter Top Entertainment as a composer.

It was strange that he wanted to run his father's agency now.

"Is it pressure from sister in law? If it's that, then I would…"

"No, I haven't talked with my mother about it yet. I wanted to start Mango Entertainment because I want to, not because of pressure."

Lee Hyun's eyes were resolute when he said that. It didn't feel like he was speaking all this in pressure.

Moreover, there was a sense of maturity in his voice. It was quite different from the usual Lee Hyun, Kim Dongsu was used to.

'He seem to have changed completely after coming back from the military.'

Kim Dongsu thought as he stared at Lee Hyun's deep black eyes. He was not able to see the depth in them.

They were like the endless abyss.

"Mango Entertainment is the dream of my father and I want to fulfil it no matter what. I want to make it the world's greatest agency but I can't do it alone."

Lee Hyun lowered his gaze and said.

The current Lee Hyun was a newbie in the entertainment industry with no connections.

He only has the knowledge of the future and his music but they were not enough.

Moreover, he doesn't have experience in handling celebrities or running an entertainment agency. He would need help for that.

Kim Dongsu was perfect for that.

"Uncle Dongsu, will you help me with that?"

Lee Hyun calmly asked and Kim Dongsu fell into thought.

He doesn't know how to answer this.

It was too unexpected. Mango Entertainment was not just Lee Hyun's father's dream. It was also his dream.

But he had already given up on this dream.

It's been five years since Lee Keemin died and Kim Dongsu has already adapted himself as a General manager in Top Entertainment.

Saying yes also meant that he would resign from the position he has worked hard to achieve.

Kim Dongsu calmly opened his mouth after thinking all that.

"Sorry. I really want to help but…"

"It's fine.

"Huh?"

"I understand your situation. It's not easy to just give up on everything you have worked hard for."

Kim Dongsu was surprised when he heard that.

He had thought that Lee Hyun would get angry or at least, he would be dissapointed but his face was calm.

'He seems to have really grown.'

Kim Dongsu thought with a slight smile.

If his father was alive, then he would surely be happy seeing that Lee Hyun was willing to fulfil his dream.

Knowing his personality, he would have even cried seeing his son standing up on his own.

'What should I do now?'

On the other hand, Lee Hyun was stopping himself from signing.

It was not like Lee Hyun was not disappointed by Kim Dongsu's decision. He was really troubled by it as his path would have gotten easier if Kim Dongsu had decided to help him.

But now. he can't do anything about it.

It was not like Lee Hyun didn't understand Kim Dongsu's situation and the reason behind his decision.

That was the only reason why he was still calm in this situation.

"You know it won't be easy to run an entertainment agency. You don't even know the basics of running a business."

Kim Dongsu said as he took a sip of his ice coffee.

"I-I know that well."

Lee Hyun said as he sighed.

There were many problems that were troubling him. Still, life has given him a chance and he would fulfil his father's dream this time.

No matter what, he would not give up.

"What you are saying is correct but I still want to do it."

"Is that so? You have really grown a lot. Your father would have been proud of you if he was alive."

"I'm happy to hear that."

Lee Hyun said with a smile and took a sip from his ice coffee. His taste buds have also regressed. So, the coffee was particularly bitter to him.

'He resembles his father a lot.'

Kim Dongsu thought and stared at Lee Hyun. The current Lee Hyun was not much different from Lee Keemin.

Both of their personalities were not much different. Lee Keemin would also do what he wanted to do without listening to anyone.

The amazing thing was that he would even succeed. Kim Dongsu also hoped that Lee Hyun would succeed.

"What are you going to do about the money? You can't run a company without funds."

Kim Dongsu asked as he knew that Lee Hyun didn't have much money.

'Money! That's my biggest problem.'

Lee Hyun thought with an awkward smile. He didn't have much money in his bank account and no bank would give him a loan.

He can borrow money from loan sharks but that was too dangerous.

In the end, there was only one method left.

"I was thinking of selling songs."

"Songs?"

"Yes. I will sell songs to agencies and singers. Hopefully, I would be able to earn money from it."

Kim Dongsu shook his head hearing that.

As someone from the industry, he knows the treatment of new music composers and songwriters.

There were even times that their songs would be snatched away from them without any proper compensation.

"It would be too hard to earn money like that. If your song is not good, then no company would pay for it and moreover, new composers are not paid well."

Kim Dongsu's words were harsh but Lee Hyun stayed calm.

As someone who was once called the 'Midas of music', he was more familiar with the music industry and the treatment of newcomers.

Still, he was confident in his songs.

"I know that but I'm confident in my songs. They would surely get popular."

"Ah…"

Lee Hyun's words can be seen as him getting overconfident but Kim Dongsu was only able to see confidence in Lee Hyun's eyes.

He got curious about the songs Lee Hyun was talking about.

"Do you have a sample?"

"Huh?"

"A sample of your song. Like a guide version."

"Yes, I have a guide version. Although, it's short."

Lee Hyun nodded his head and replied.

He took out his phone and searched for an audio clip. It was a really short audio clip of 45 seconds and there were no lyrics in it.

He played it after taking a glance at Kim Dongsu's face.

The music started flowing out.

It was the sound of a guitar. It was not fast or upbeat. Just simple but it has varying emotions in it.

Like someone was thinking about something while making the melody. It started out dark but it soon saw the light and became bright.

'I wonder if he liked it.'

Lee Hyun thought as soon as the audio clip ended.

The audio clip was short to begin with.

So, it ended quickly but it certainly landed an impression on Kim Dongsu's mind.

"D-did you really make it?"

He looked at Lee Hyun with a surprised expression.

The level of the song was higher than he had thought. He had worked in the A&R (Audio and Repertoire) department for some years.

So, he knew a little about music.

"Yes, I indeed made this.'

52