Chapter 7
2.5k 3 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7. Selling a song (2)

"Thanks for the ride."

Lee Hyun thanked the taxi driver and the driver nodded his head and left.

He was currently in Gangnam - The most expensive district in Seoul. He hadn't come here to meet with Kim Dongsu today.

Lee Hyun was here for a completely different reason and the reason was the building in front of him.

The building was a three-storey building with an underground floor in it.

Its appearance didn't stand out among the other high-rise buildings in Gangnam, but it has a unique taste to it, making it look elegant from outside.

The most eye-catching part of the building was not the glass walls, but the words written on top of the building.

"Mango Entertainment."

Lee Hyun spoke out loud and smiled.

This building was something his father had purchased five years ago.

He had used all of his money to buy this building. He didn't want his agency to be in a rented place.

This was going to be the office for Mango Entertainment, but unfortunately, it has become just an abandoned building.

'It's good that I don't have to rent out a building.'

It would take a lot of money to rent out a building in Seoul. He was fortunate that his father had left him this building.

Lee Hyun entered the building after thanking his father inwardly. As soon as he opened the door, dust came flying on his face.

"Cough, it's messy."

The interior was not clean at all. It was understandable as no one had entered this place for five years.

Because of that, there was dust all over the floor and it made it look older.

'I should hire a cleaning service to clean this place.'

Lee Hyun frowned as he thought about the money he would have to spend in cleaning the building.

There was a time when he used to spend thousands of dollars without worrying about anything but that was in the past.

The current Lee Hyun didn't have much money and he was trying to save every penny he could.

Still, he at least has a place to start from.

'I need to quickly sell my song.'

He would get money after he sold his song. Lee Hyun was confident that his song would be a hit.

So, it won't be hard to earn some quick money. He can then use that money to cultivate a celebrity of his own and hire more employees.

But there was still a problem.

'I don't have connections.'

Lee Hyun didn't know who he could sell the song to.

He can go to some entertainment agencies but it was highly likely that he would be thrown out before he could even begin to sell his song.

Moreover, entertainment agencies have their own composers. It was rare to get a song from outside, until the composer is famous.

It would be really hard for him to sell this song.

This was his biggest concern currently. The only way was to use Kim Dongsu to sell this song to Top Entertainment.

But he didn't want to benefit Top Entertainment and Bae Hyunsung no matter what.

'I should think about it later.'

Lee Hyun shook his head and looked through the entire building.

Despite being full of dirt, the building has a lot of space and there was even a recording studio on the underground floor.

It was not like the fancy studios Lee Hyun had seen in his past life, but it still had all the equipment.

After looking through the whole building, Lee Hyun went to the rooftop to take a view of the surrounding.

It was already evening and the red sunset light was dyeing the whole rooftop red.

"Ahh, I will definitely succeed."

Lee Hyun leaned against the railing and sighed.

He thought back to the past week.

It still felt like a dream to him. Coming back to the past and starting Mango Entertainment.

He had never thought that god would give him such a chance, but he was thankful to him anyway.

No, he was more than just thankful.

The only thing he could do was to make full use of this chance. No matter what, he would definitely succeed this time.

'I should meet my mother soon.'

In his past life, he has left a scar on his mother's heart. This time, he didn't want to repeat the same mistake.

The only reason he still hasn't met his mother yet was because he wanted to see her after officially starting Mango Entertainment.

He wanted to surprise her.

'She would be shocked when she…'

"Lee Hyun!!"

As he was thinking about his mother, Lee Hyun suddenly heard a voice. It sounded familiar. So, he turned around and saw Kim Dongsu.

"Uncle Dongsu."

'Why is he here?'

Lee Hyun wondered why Kim Dongsu was here.

His appearance looked haggard like he had not slept for days. The beard on his face was unshaved and his hair was ruffled.

The sudden appearance of Kim Dongsu surprised him, but he quickly calmed down and asked.

"What are you doing here, Uncle Dongsu?"

"I went to your house but Lee Min told me that you were here. So, I came here. I wanted to talk to you."

"If you want to talk to me, then you should have just called me."

Kim Dongsu shook his head hearing that.

The thing he wanted to talk about was not something one can simply talk on the phone.

"No, I can't talk about this on the phone. I wanted to ask you a question."

"A question?"

Lee Hyun tilted his head. He wondered what Kim Dongsu was talking about. It all looked absurd to him but he still listened to him.

"Can you really make Mango Entertainment a big agency in Korea?"

"Ah…"

"You yourself know that your path won't be easy. Let me tell you, there are over 2000 entertainment agencies in Korea, including the illegal ones."

Lee Hyun wondered why Kim Dongsu was telling him all this. Still, he kept listening to him without saying anything.

"The entertainment agency is like a red sea. It's hard to stay afloat. Every year, more than hundred agencies close and another hundred opens."

Kim Dongsu took a breath and again asked.

"Now tell me, can you really make Mango Entertainment a big and respectable agency?"

It felt like Kim Dongsu was pouring cold water on him. The cold water known as reality.

It was not like Lee Hyun didn't know about all this, but hearing it straight from someone's mouth was a completely different experience.

For a second, he even faltered but he soon calmed down.

He knew the risk involved and the high chances of failure, but he also knows that there was no going back.

His eyes became resolute when he thought that.

"I know the risks involved in it and honestly, I'm scared that I would fail, but I will surely make Mango Entertainment a renowned agency in Korea."

Lee Hyun said that in one breath.

He was willing to tackle any obstacles and there was no turning back for him. He can only walk ahead.

Kim Dongsu stared at Lee Hyun and his face soon turned into a smile.

"Is your offer still valid?"

"Huh? Do you mean…?"

Lee Hyun quickly understood what Kim Dongsu was saying.

"Yes, please let me join Mango Entertainment."

Kim Dongsu said as he bowed his head. There was a sense of excitement and resolve on his face.

"Why so suddenly?"

"I, I just realised that I can't work somewhere where my heart doesn't want me to."

"Huh?"

Lee Hyun was still confused when he heard that. Kim Dongsu laughed seeing that and patted his back.

He seemed to be in a good mood after finally making his choice.

"You can drink, right?"

He asked Lee Hyun while repeatedly patting his back.
"Yes, I can."

"That's good. You can't run a business without knowing how to hold your liquor. Let's go celebrate today."

"Celebrate?"

"Yeah, I know a good place."

Despite Lee Hyun's protest, Kim Dongsu dragged him to a bar.

That night, Lee Hyun drank till he got wasted but even while passing out, there was a smile on his face.

Mango Entertainment was finally on the right path!!

49