Chapter 9
2.5k 6 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9. Never give up (1)

'Let's recreate some of my songs which I had made when I was starting as a composer.'

Lee Hyun thought as he entered the underground recording studio in Mango Entertainment.

After the cleaning, the recording studio looked new.

Lee Hyun had also changed all the old equipment here. So, it was just like a newly made studio.

Although he can also recreate his songs in his bedroom studio, it was still better to do it in a more professional environment.

'Which song should I recreate?'

There was not much work currently. That's why Lee Hyun wanted to use this opportunity to recreate his past life songs.

But he was not able to decide on a song to recreate.

In his past life, Lee Hyun had composed many songs. It was hard for him to pick out a specific song from the bundle.

He pondered about it for a long time, before a song finally came in his mind.

"For you."

The name of the song was 'For you'. It was a simple love song Lee Hyun had made for the solo debut of a boy group member.

It was his first love song and he had made it, thinking about his first girlfriend.

The voice of the boy idol group member suits this song really well, and because of these reasons, this song has reached the 11th position in the music charts.

It would be good to start with this song.

'From what I remember, this was a retro love song, like those in the 90s.'

Lee Hyun had added instruments like cello and violin to give it a classical touch and it had worked as well.

"Let's start the piano"

He quickly started working on the song. As he was just recreating, there was not much work to do.

He imagined himself making this song in his past life, and just followed it.

He first added the piano, and then the guitar. The cello and violin came after the bridge part.

Lee Hyun immersed himself in the process of making the song. Of course, it was not as exciting as when he was making Never give up.

It was because there was no fun in just remaking something.

Still, Lee Hyun had to do it.

Selling his past hit songs would garner him a huge amount of money and then, he can invest that money in Mango Entertainment.

"The melody is less shallow here…"

Like that, Lee Hyun continued to work on the song. He adjusted the melody and kept it simple but bright.

It fitted the theme of the song.

Like that, two hours passed by and Lee Hyun had only completely half of the song.

Still, his speed was really fast as he was just making the song again.

'Should I take a break?'

As he was thinking about that, the door to the recording studio suddenly opened.

Kim Dongsu entered through the door. He was panting like he had run all the way here.

"Uncle Dongsu, why are you panting? Drink some water first."

"N-No, it's fine. Pant! I have good news for you."

"What happened?"

"The song. I, I just sold it."

"Huh?"

Lee Hyun stood up from his chair when he heard that. It's only been two days since Kim Dongsu had said that he would try to find a buyer for this song.

But he had already found one.

He was way more efficient than Lee Hyun had thought.

"Drink some water and calm down. Then, tell me about it."

Lee Hyun said and passed a bottle of water to him.

Kim Dongsu gulped down the bottle of water in one go. It seems like he was more thirsty than Lee Hyun had thought.

After drinking the water, he pulled out a nearby chair and sat on it.

Then, he sat on it and started to speak.

"So, I was going through my contacts. As you know, in this industry, contacts and connections are the biggest assets."

Lee Hyun quietly nodded his head.

This was quite a true sentence that he fully agreed with. This was also something that the current him lacked.

"When I called some of my acquaintances, I found out that Nike Entertainment was planning an album for one of their singers."

"Nike? Isn't it one of the mid sized agencies."

Lee Hyun knew some things about this agency. He had been looking up information about agencies lately and he had also read about Nike Entertainment.

"Yeah. I knew one of the members of the A&R department there and I called him and showed him the song."

"So, he liked it?"

"Yes, he did like it and forwarded it to the director there. The director also liked the song and now, they are willing to buy it."

Kim Dongsu said with a bright smile on his face.

A smile also formed on Lee Hyun's lips. It was happening way faster than he had thought. It seems like god was helping them.

"But there's a problem."

Kim Dongsu's smile suddenly vanished when he said that.

"What's the problem?"

Lee Hyun asked with a serious expression.

"The singer of the song also heard Never give up and she liked it a lot, to the point that she is pushing for it to become the title track of her album."

"Isn't that a good thing?"

If the song became the title track, then it means that they would get more money.

"Well, it is, but now, they want to hold a meeting to decide the title track. They are choosing between two songs. One is ours and another one is a song from their composer."

"What's the problem in that?"

Kim Dongsu sighed before opening his mouth.

"Actually, they want the composer, I mean you to join the meeting."

"Ah…"

Lee Hyun finally understood what was the problem.

In Kim Dongsu's mind, Lee Hyun was still a new composer who can make good songs, but he doesn't have the experience of meetings.

But it was actually the opposite of that.

'A meeting like that won't be a problem.'

Lee Hyun had attended many of these types of meetings in his past life. He was confident in doing well.

"Don't worry. I can handle this type of meeting."

He tried to reassure Kim Dongsu, but he just shook his head.

"You are still inexperienced in it and you can be easily overwhelmed. Why don't I go with you?"

This time, Lee Hyun shook his head.

"There's no need for you to come. I can handle it on my own."

"Still..."

Lee Hyun had to assure Kim Dongsu until his worry finally calmed down. He was still sceptical about it, but he decided to trust Lee Hyun.

Anyway, Lee Hyun was the President of the company. He can't always hide behind him.

"Anyway, who's the singer?"

Lee Hyun asked, quickly changing the topic.

"Ah, have you heard about Lee Hyerin?"

He shook his head as he was not sure if he had heard of Lee Hyerin. Maybe, he would have heard of her as the name sounded familiar.

"She was actually quite famous 5 years ago."

"Really?"

"Yeah, she was the member of an idol group called Apple mint, but she suddenly retired when she was at the peak of her career."

Lee Hyun tilted his head hearing that.

"Why is that?"

"Well, she got pregnant."

Kim Dongsu said as he scratched his head and a gasp leaked out of Lee Hyun's mouth.

Last chapter for today. Please comment if you liked it.

46