Chapter 14
2.3k 4 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14. Lee Hyerin (2)

A week passed by quickly after Lee Hyun's first visit to Nike Entertainment.

In this week, many things happened. One of them was Kim Dongsu finalising the contract with Nike Entertainment

Normally, newbies would not be able to get much money for their songs, but maybe, because the director was grateful to Lee Hyun, he paid more money than usual.

With that, the rights of the song 'Never gave up' were bought by Nike Entertainment.

Lee Hyun was quite happy seeing the money coming in the company's bank account.

With that, they would be able to expand their activities, but the money they had was still measly compared to other agencies.

That's why, Lee Hyun recreated three more songs from his past life.

They were named 'Grassy plains', 'You are my world' and 'It's my life'.

With 'For you', which Kim Dongsu was already trying to sell, they would be able to get quite a lot of money.

The day when Mango Entertainment would have it's own celebrity was coming closer.

In between all this, Lee Hyun once again went to Nike Entertainment on Saturday. It was for the song recording of Never give up.

As the composer of the song, he was required there.

If he can, he can just reject this, but this was Lee Hyun's first recording after his regression. He wanted to be there for this reason.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you."

The sound engineer greeted him when he entered the recording studio. Apart from that, there were some other employees.

One of them was the A&R employee he had seen in the meeting before.

"The director wanted to be here today, but he had a meeting to attend."

She said with a smile.

"It's fine. He's a director. It's normal to be busy. By the way, where is Lee Hyerin?"

Lee Hyun asked as he looked around.

At that moment, the door to the recording studio opened and Lee Hyerin entered with a calm face.

But Lee Hyun was able to see that she was extremely nervous.

"Sorry, I was late."

She bowed slightly and greeted everyone. After the greetings, she entered the booth.

"Let's start with a warm up first."

The sound engineer said and Lee Hyerin did some warm ups to sing better. This includes humming and practicing the vocalisation method.

After that, the recording began for real.

"Cry. I'm crying tonight…"

"Under the moonlight…"

"There's no one else, but me here…"

The intro started slow and Lee Hyerin sang with a low note.

Never give up was a bright song with a bright melody, but it starts off with a sad tone.

It eventually gets brighter slowly.

'She's doing fine.'

Lee Hyun felt as he listened to her singing. He felt that she was hitting all the right notes.

As expected of an experienced singer, she knew how to sing a specific part or where to put more emotions.

He can also see that Lee Hyeri had practiced this song a lot.

Lee Hyun was once called Midas of music. His ears are naturally sensitive. So, he can clearly see the places where the singer is good or bad.

'I don't have to worry if she kept this up.'

Lee Hyun thought and began to relax, but the problem started after the first verse ended.

'What's going on?'

Lee Hyerin's bright voice suddenly lost its touch. He listened closely and found that everything was good.

Her breathing, resonance, vocal strength and notes were perfect, but there was something else.

'It looks like they have noticed it too.'

Lee Hyun was not the only to notice it. The sound engineer, the A&R employee and everyone else in the studio also noticed it.

"Hyerin, can we do that part again?"

"Ah, Okay. Was there a problem previously?"

Lee Hyerin became more nervous when the sound engineer asked for a redo.

"No, it just feels like something is missing in it. It would be better to do it again."

"Sure."

Lee Hyerin again started singing, but the problem still continued. The faces of everyone distorted listened to it.

"I'm distressed, I'm down…"

"But I won't give up. Never give up…"

"Cause I want my dream to be a reality…"

It was like they were listening to a sad song instead of a bright ballad.

The emotions didn't match perfectly and Lee Hyerin's voice gradually lost its strength.

The notes dispersed and the song just became a cluster of random lyrics and melody.

It was because Lee Hyerin got more nervous after seeing everyone's reaction. She lost her control on the song and this happened.

But, she still continued to read out the lyrics.

'It looks like she's a newbie singer instead of an experienced one.'

Lee Hyun thought as he put down his headphones.

These types of problems will often happen with newbie singers, but Lee Hyerin was a singer with stage experience.

It didn't make sense for her to make these types of mistakes.

"Let's stop this for now."

Ultimately, the sound engineer stopped the recording.

Lee Hyeri came out of the booth with an agitated expression on her face. It looked like she was disappointed in herself.

"Do you have any problem? Or is your throat not good today?"

The sound engineer asked her.

"I-it's not like that."

"Then?"

"I will do my best from now on. I just need a little time."

"Okay. Let's start the recording again after taking a short break."

The recording stopped and Lee Hyeri quickly left the recording studio to go to the bathroom.

The other people in the studio began to discuss after she left.

"What do you think is wrong with her?"

The A&R employee asked.

"Maybe she is nervous or it can be that she isn't used to singing this type of song."

"It's probably that. She only used to sing groovy songs back in her idol days."

Many people nodded their heads hearing that. They felt that Lee Hyerin was not just used to singing a ballad.

Only Lee Hyun thought otherwise.

'It's not that. She's just not putting the right emotions in the song.'

Although he thought like that, he didn't say it out loud. He just listened to other people talking.

"What do you think?"

"Huh?"

Lee Hyun came out from his thoughts when the sound engineer asked him that.

He took a second to understand everything and replied.

"I think she would do well after calming down."

"Do you think so?"

"Yes."

After that, the sound engineer didn't bother Lee Hyun.

Lee Hyun also saw a chance and sneaked out of the recording studio. He walked towards the bathroom.

'I have to do something myself.'

He thought as he sighed.

It was his first song after his regression. He can't let Lee Hyerin continue like this or she would ruin the essence of the song.

46