Chapter 18
2.3k 3 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 18. Hit or Flop (1)

Yawn!

Lee Hyun leaked out a big yawn and rubbed his drowsy eyes. He was currently sitting in the underground recording studio.

It's been a month since he started Mango Entertainment, and their only activity in this month was to sell songs to other agencies.

They were also fairly successful in it.

Starting with 'Never give up' which they sold to Nike Entertainment, they managed to sell two more songs.

The first song was 'For you' which was bought by a small agency for a debut singer named 'Rike'.

The second song was 'Grassy plains' which they sold to an independent band which was quite famous in Hongdae. (A famous district in Korea which is famous for indie bands)

Apart from that, Kim Dongsu was also looking for potential buyers for the other songs he had made.

In the last month, Lee Hyun had made seven songs. Never give up was the only song he newly created.

The other seven songs were just songs that he recreated.

'Ah, I should go home. Lee Min must be worrying about me.'

Lee Hyun thought and put down his headphones. He was in the studio for the past two days, trying to make a new song.

Now that he got his music back, he just didn't want to recreate his old songs.

Lee Hyun also wanted to compose new songs, but because of that, he was practically living in the company.

His brother has started to get worried about him because of that.

'I should make his favourite dish later.'

Lee Hyun thought as he exited the studio.

He was thinking about many things as he climbed the stairs. As he was the president now, he wanted to give it his all.

Both in management and composing!

"Ah, Hyun, you are still here."

"Uncle Dongsu!"

As he reached upstairs, he saw Kim Dongsu sitting on the sofa and drinking coffee.

He was loosely wearing a suit. Lee Hyun guessed that Kim Dongsu had just come back from a business meeting.

"Why are you still here?"

Kim Dongsu asked as he took a sip from the coffee cup.

There was worry in his eyes. He knows very well how hard Lee Hyun was working these days.

"I just finished a part of the new song I was working on."

Lee Hyun sat opposite Kim Dongsu and replied.

Hearing his words, Kim Dongsu could not help but frown. His eyes grew sharp as he stared at Lee Hyun.

"You know you would one day collapse if you kept working like this. Do you want to make songs in the hospital?"

Lee Hyun chuckled when he heard that.

"Don't worry. I will stop if I feel like I'm being too excessive."

"Still, you have made seven songs in the past month. It's definitely not a small number, especially because the quality of all of them is great!"

Kim Dongsu bit his lips and continued.

"But it's easier to get drained of inspiration if you continued to work like this. You should take a break. At least, until I managed to sell the other songs."

In the past month, Kim Dongsu has realised something.

'This kid is a genius!'

There was no doubt in his mind.

All of Lee Hyun's songs were of great quality. It was something that can only be done by a genius.

Lee Hyun's father always used to tell him that Lee Hyun was a genius, but he never truly believed it.

Until, he saw it with his own eyes.

He was happy because of that, but at the same time, he was worried because Lee Hyun was pushing himself too much.

"Uncle Dongsu, I'm just doing what I can currently. Our agency is still too small and we don't even have a trainee or a celebrity. I want to work hard to change this."

"You…!!"

"By the way, are you coming back from a business meeting?"

Kim Dongsu wanted to shout hearing that, but Lee Hyun quickly changed the subject.

As he knew that Lee Hyun won't listen to him, Kim Dongsu also stopped talking about it.

He knows very well that Lee Hyun takes after his father. Both of them are stubborn to no end.

"I have a talk with a General manager from Toika Entertainment."

Kim Dongsu said as he sighed.

'Toika Entertainment? Isn't it a big agency?'

Lee Hyun thought about it.

From what he knows, Toika Entertainment was a top-tier agency with lots of singers and idols.

It mainly focused on the music industry.

"They want to buy one of my songs?"

"Yes. One of their singers specialise in love songs and he's planning to release a single. They are interested in 'You are my world' as it suits the singer."

You are my world!

It was a love song full of high notes and rather than its music, the lyrics were the highlighted part.

"So, how much are they willing to pay for it?"

"That's the problem. They want to buy the song for cheap since Midas is not an established composer."

Kim Dongsu frowned as he said that.

'They are taking us lightly.'

Lee Hyun very well knows that top agencies try to exploit non-established  and newbie songwriters and composers.

Toika Entertainment was the same.

They probably wanted to get it for cheap since they are a big agency.

"Did you try to negotiate?"

Lee Hyun asked as he tilted his head.

"I did, but that damn General manager was too arrogant. He even said that it would be a blessing for us if a well known singer sang 'You are my world'."

"He's too arrogant."

Kim Dongsu nodded his head.

He wondered if they should just sell them the song or find another agency to sell it?

He didn't want to sell it for a low price, but he didn't have the power to negotiate.

"Let's stall for time."

"Huh?"

Lee Hyun suddenly said and Kim Dongsu let out a surprised voice.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Toika Entertainment is trying to buy the song for cheap because 'Midas' is still a newbie composer with no hit songs, but what if..."

"What If?"

Lee Hyun smirked before opening his mouth.

"One of his songs reached top 10 in the charts."

Kim Dongsu's eyes widened when he heard that.

He quickly realised the meaning behind Lee Hyun's words. He licked his lips and opened his mouth.

"Lee Hyerin is making her comeback tomorrow."

"Yes!"

Lee Hyerin has finally finished recording all of the songs for her mini album.

She has also practiced the choreography and the music videos were ready to release.

She would make a comeback tomorrow on Music bank - A music broadcast program hosted by KMS broadcasting station.

"But are you confident that Never give up would reach top 10 in rankings?"

Lee Hyun silently nodded his head.

Of course, he was not fully confident, but he felt that there was a high chance that it would get into top 10 in the music charts.

"Then, I will do that. It would be great if that really happens."

Kim Dongsu also made a smirk imagining that.

If that really happens, then the situation would flip instantly. He could not help but laugh imagining the face of the General manager if that happened.

'In the end, it's up-to Lee Hyerin!'

Lee Hyun silently thought and yawned again.

50