Chapter 22
2.3k 5 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 22. Girl group? (1)

Idol groups!

Everyone knows about them. A group of five or six members who dance and sing at the same time on the stage.

Their synchronised choreography and individuality had made them popular all over the world.

Many idol groups have even gone up to become globally acknowledged and some of them have even got nominations from prestigious awards shows like the Grammys.

They have hundreds of millions of fans and their music videos have crossed more than 1 billion views.

But this was in the future.

'The popularity of idol groups is still not at its peak.'

It was not like there were no popular idols groups currently.

Boy idol groups like Anjell, F07 and Zeus and girl idol groups like Wonders, G-girls and TWINKLE.

These are the idol groups which are popular currently, but their popularity can't be compared to the popularity idol groups would have in the future.

The reason behind this was simple.

The idol industry has not bloomed yet. There was no idol group that has achieved a large popularity and started an idol wave but...

'An idol wave would start in the future.'

According to Lee Hyun's memories, a new idol group would be started by SK Entertainment in a year.

They would be called Seven stars.

A 7 member girl group which would start a wave of sorts with their debut album and went on to become popular in China and Japan.

Moreover, they would win quite a lot of awards in Asian music awards, creating an idol wave.

Some people even called it the revolution of the idol industry.

'There's still a year left before that.'

Lee Hyun thought in his mind.

If he can somehow make his own girl group before that, then he can run at the forefront of the idol wave.

Maybe, he was thinking too much, but there was still a high chance of him succeeding with a girl group.

"What the hell are you saying? A girl group? You know that we don't have that much money, right?"

Lee Hyun came back from his thoughts when he heard the voice of Kim Dongsu.

"I know that well."

"Then? What's with you wanting to start a girl group?"

Kim Dongsu looked strangely at Lee Hyun.

He didn't know If Lee Hyun was being serious or not. Starting a girl group needs huge investment and it was not like there was a 100% chance of success.

"Let me explain."

Lee Hyun cleared his throat and began to explain.

"First of all, a girl group has many members. They are cute and sexy. Their image is formed in a way that seems 'pure' to the audience."

Kim Dongsu nodded his head and Lee Hyun continued.

"I don't want to make a girl group like that. I want to focus more on the individuality of all the members."

"Individuality?"

"Yes, the main reason idol groups don't work much is because the agencies focus too much on maintaining their image and don't show their individuality."

This was the main reason why it took time for idol groups to bloom.

The agencies focused too much on a set image and many times, it just created scandals when one of the members was caught dating.

But Seven stars changed it all.

The whole group focuses on individual personalities and rather than a fixed image, they have diversification.

Moreover, Seven stars was the first group to promote themselves on social media platforms and actively show their daily life activities.

It helped them show their individuality more.

"So, you are saying that you want a make a girl group on a completely new concept?"

"Yes, that's what I want to do."

Lee Hyun nodded his head, but Kim Dongsu just looked at him with a strange gaze.

From his expression, Kim Dongsu can tell that Lee Hyun was not lying.

He facepalmed after realizing that. It was not like Lee Hyun's words were illogical, but what he was trying to do was akin to madness.

That's why, Kim Dongsu could not help but ask.

"Have you gone crazy from working too much?"

"Huh? No-"

"Then, why are you proposing a crazy plan? I understand where you're coming from, but there are a lot of problems with your plan."

Kim Dongsu said as he continued to look at Lee Hyun with a 'Have you gone crazy?' look.

Then, he started pointing out the problems with his plan.

"First of all, finding girls with individuality in them is not easy. Second, we don't have a place for them to practice. We don't even have dance and vocal coaches."

Kim Dongsu took a breath and continued.

"The last problem is that we don't have enough money!"

After finishing pointing out the problems, Kim Dongsu waited for Lee Hyun to reply.

'There are many risks, but the profit and chance to emerge as the number one idol group is too big to miss out.'

Lee Hyun thought in his mind and made a decision.

Then, he looked at Kim Dongsu with resolution in his eyes and said,

"I know there are many problems, but I think we would be able to rake in a huge amount of profit If we are successful."

"But it's not like-"

"I know that the chances of success are not high, but I have a feeling that we will succeed."

Lee Hyun interrupted Kim Dongsu and said.

'It's a crazy plan.'

Kim Dongsu thought inwardly, but he didn't know if he would be able to stop Lee Hyun or not.

Moreover, the look in Lee Hyun's eyes was enough to tell him that he would do anything to succeed.

This was the same gaze Lee Hyun's father used to have.

Knowing Lee Hyun, Kim Dongsu knew that he won't back out. Anyway, he was not the president here.

In the end, Kim Dongsu just sighed and asked.

"What are you going to do about the money?"

A smile emerged on Lee Hyun's face hearing that. He finally managed to convince Kim Dongsu.

"We will get some money after selling my songs. As the popularity of Midas continues to grow, we will increase the price of the songs."

"Will that be enough?"

"If it's not enough, then we will look for investments."

Kim Dongsu tilted his head hearing that and asked another important question.

"What about the members? Where will we find them?"

"We have to look for them. I have some people in mind, but I don't know if they belong to an agency or not."

Lee Hyun said as he thought about the famous idol group members who were still not famous.

"You know some people?"

"I don't know them personally, but I have heard of their skills."

Lee Hyun replied vaguely.

He didn't want to explain more of it as he didn't know how to explain it. He can't just say that he has information about the future.

Fortunately, Kim Dongsu didn't continue asking about it.

"Still, it would be hard to find talented people with individuality in them. Moreover, agencies won't leave someone like them alone."

Lee Hyun knows that well.

Still, he hoped that he would be able to find the members soon.

The faster they find them, the sooner they will be able to make them debut as a girl group.

"You know that it's a crazy plan, right?"

Kim Dongsu said as he stood up from his seat and Lee Hyun nodded his head and replied with a smile.

"It is a crazy plan, but crazy people have a higher chance of success."

46