Chapter 26
2.1k 5 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 26. The moment you discover a talent (2)

"What's up with you? You seem to be thinking about something these days."

Kim Dongsu asked when he saw Lee Hyun sitting on his chair, blankly staring outside the window.

The coffee which he had made had long gone cold.

"I'm just thinking about someone."

"Someone? A girl?"

"Yes, but it's not what you are thinking about. I found someone who can be the main vocalist of our girl group."

Lee Hyun said as he picked up the coffee cup. He flinched drinking the hot coffee which had gone cold.

"Where did you find someone like that?"

Kim Dongsu asked with a raised eyebrow.

Even after looking for a while, he was not able to find candidates for the girl group. He did find some talented candidates, but none of them wanted to sign with a small agency.

"In the hospital."

"Do singers start singing in the hospital instead of bars and clubs?"

Lee Hyun laughed hearing that and just answered that it was a long story and he would tell him some other time.

"Anyway, I really liked her singing."

"Is she that good?"

Kim Dongsu said with some surprise on his face.

Lee Hyun was not just his friend's son now. He was the president of the company he works for.

Moreover, he was also the composer 'Midas' who had started making a name for himself in the industry.

If he was complimenting a singer, then she must be good.

"Yeah, it looks like she didn't train for much, but she has that thing that every singer needs to get popular."

"What is that?"

Lee Hyun smirked before opening his mouth.

"The soul. She has the soul for singing."

"Is there really something like that?"

"Well, you can call it in various ways. Soul, spark or heart. But it's true that it exists and most of the famous singers have it in their voice."

Lee Hyun said with certainty in his voice.

Even if a singer sings well, it does not mean that he or she would get famous. You need more than that to show yourself to the whole world.

You need something special that makes you stand out from the rest.

In gaming terms, something like a special skill that only you have and no one can copy that.

You need that quality if you want to become a star rather than just a singer.

"You are making me curious about her. Have you talked with her about the contract and stuff?"

Kim Dongsu asked and Lee Hyun made an awkward expression.

He wondered how he should say that their first meeting ended in Ya Harin shouting at him and leaving.

"I, I am taking things slowly."

"Well, you haven't done this job before. So, you can ask me for help if you can't persuade her. It's really hard to persuade people these days anyway."

"I will ask you if it's too much."

Lee Hyun said that, but he didn't plan to trouble Kim Dongsu with this. He was already too busy handling the other administrative jobs.

Both of them talked like that for a while. There were many matters that were pending.

Most of them were about the selling of songs and the candidates for the girl group.

They also talked about if they should try to sign another singer in the meantime. It would take at least a year for them to make an album and debut the girl group.

It may seem like too much time.

But, there were many things involved in a debut.

The members, their chemistry, dance and vocal practice, choreography, selecting the songs and choosing the stage to debut.

It would take too much time and it was better to sign with another singer in the meantime.

After talking about all this, Kim Dongsu suddenly said something that greatly surprised Lee Hyun.

"There's actually an invitation from a radio station."

"Invitation? What kind of invitation?"

Lee Hyun tilted his head and asked.

"They want you in one of their radio shows called 'Morning with music'."

"Huh??"

Lee Hyun widened his eyes hearing that. For a second, he even felt that he was hearing something wrong.

"A radio show for me?"

He asked to confirm and Kim Dongsu nodded his head with a smile.

"Yeah, I was shocked too when the producer of the radio show contacted me. I even thought that he had called the wrong number, but he wanted Midas in his show."

Lee Hyun finally understood when Kim Dongsu said the word 'Midas'.

The invitation was not for Lee Hyun, but for the composer Midas. He calmed down thinking that.

It was not at all strange for composers or songwriters to get invited to such radio shows.

Top composers are even invited to those entertainment shows with 10-15% ratings. Lee Hyun himself had regularly been invited to these types of shows.

Some producers were even willing to pay 10k USD per episode to him.

That was the value of him when he was called the Midas of music. He had even gone to entertainment shows a lot.

'I wanted more fame back then.'

Lee Hunk silently thought of his past life. He was just entering his 30s when he was first called on an entertainment show.

He wanted more fame back then and the viewers also liked to see a 'music genius' on the screen.

That's why he has frequented those shows as a guest a lot. Even becoming a permanent member in one of them.

But as he had grown older, he had lost interest in them.

"So, will you go on the radio show?"

Kim Dongsu asked and Lee Hyun came out from his thoughts.

"Actually, I don't know."

"Well, you can take your time. They want you to feature in a special broadcast which will happen two weeks later."

Lee Hyun nodded his head slowly.

Honestly, if he can, he didn't want to go on the show. He was just not interested in them.

"Is it a visual radio?"

"Yeah, it is a visual radio and it would be a live broadcast on the streaming platform. So, you will get famous if you go on it."

Kim Dongsu said as he thought that Lee Hyun would surely agree.

For him, Lee Hyun was still a 25 year old young guy and he won't miss a chance to get famous.

More importantly, there was no one who didn't like to get famous.

Kim Dongsu was thinking like that because he thought Lee Hyun was the same. He didn't know that the person in front of him was older than him.

'I really don't want to go to the radio show.'

Lee Hyun thought as he sighed.

Making your face known to the people is not always a nice thing. You can't go out without wearing sunglasses and a mask.

Moreover, people would point at you and talk in whispers after seeing you.

Lee Hyun had experienced all of this once and he didn't want to experience it again.

That's why he decided to straight out refuse.

"I don't think I want to go on it."

"Ah? You should think about it more. You will get famous."

Kim Dongsu said in a surprised voice.

"I don't want to get famous."

"You don't?"

"Yeah, I'm better off sitting in the recording studio and making music for other singers."

That was his honest thoughts, but Kim Dongsu frowned after hearing that.

"Actually, I think you should go on the show. Not for yourself, but for Mango Entertainment."

"Huh?"

Lee Hyun made a strange expression hearing that.

45