Chapter 30
2k 4 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 30. Circumstances (3)

"What's wrong with you today?"

Kim Dongsu stared at Lee Hyun with a weird expression on his face.

It was because Lee Hyun was frowning all day today. They were having their usual meeting, but he was clearly able to tell that someone was wrong with Lee Hyun. 

He was acting really strange. 

"Ah, I'm fine."

"Why are you frowning if you are fine?"

Lee Hyun was not able to answer immediately this time. He lowered his head and thought before raising his head up. 

"You remember the girl I talked to you about?"

"The one with the soul for singing?"

"Yeah, that one."

Kim Dongsu tilted his head hearing that and asked.

"What about her?"

"I asked her to join Mango Entertainment."

Lee Hyun said in a casual and somewhat disappointed tone. Kim Dongsu widened his eyes hearing that.

"What was her reply?"

He asked in a hasty tone. Kim Dongsu was curious about Ya Harin since Lee Hyun had talked about her. 

If she was really that good, then Mango Entertainment would get a good singer and their girl group project will finally take its first step. 

But…

"She rejected it."

Lee Hyun said as he frowned again. It's been two days since he had last met with Harin and he still can't get over his disappointment. 

"Ah? Why? Is it because we are a small agency or did she get recruited by a big agency?"

Kim Dongsu asked as he tilted his head. 

"I don't think so! It doesn't look like she rejected it because Mango Entertainment is a small agency."

Lee Hyun shook his head and said. The conversation he had with Harin that night kept getting repeated in his mind. 

He recalled the conversation once again. 

'S-sorry! But I really can't join your agency.'

'Ah? Is there a reason? We may be a small agency currently, but we would surely be…'

'It's not that! I… just can't.'

'There must be a reason, right? You can tell me.'

Despite him asking about it several times, Harin didn't tell him a specific reason behind her decision. 

In the end, they just parted ways. 

Lee Hyun still gave her his business card and told her to call him if she ever changes her mind.

But the disappointment continued to linger in his mind.

"Should I try persuading her? I'm good at this job."

Kim Dongsu proposed, but Lee Hyun shook his head.

"I don't think she would agree. Moreover, don't you think it's weird that a girl with such talent isn't recruited by an agency yet?"

Lee Hyun suddenly said and Kim Dongsu also made a face of realisation. 

"It's certainly weird. Those recruiters from big agencies never leave a talented person alone."

"Yeah. It means that Ya Harin probably rejecting all the offers from agencies. There must be a big reason behind it as she dreams of becoming a singer."

"What do you think is this reason?"

Kim Dongsu tilted his head and asked, but even Lee Hyun didn't know anything about it. 

From his conversations with Harin till now, he had realised that she was hiding something big. 

Even if she has reasons to not sign with an agency, it was definitely weird for her to sing in Tarot bar when her singing was so good. 

Any good club or cafe will hire her, but she was singing in Tarot bar. 

'It's definitely suspicious.'

Though he thought it was suspicious, there was no way of knowing. 

Lee Hyun sighed thinking that. 

"What are we going to do now?"

Kim Dongsu asked as they have to take their next set of actions now. They just can't keep thinking about Harin when she already rejected their offer.

"I gave you a list of people to recruit, didn't? Did you find some of them?"

Lee Hyun had given Kim Dongsu a list of idols who were going to be famous in the future.

If they can find someone from that list, then it would be great. 

"It was hard to find information just based on names, but I did find some of them, but… most of them are already contracted with other agencies."

'As expected!'

Lee Hyun was not much surprised by this as he had already anticipated this happening. 

"Well, there were quite a lot of names in that list. So, just keep looking for now. There would be a single one who won't belong to an agency."

Kim Dongsu nodded his head and they started discussing further about it.

It was not just enough to look from the famous idols in his past life. So, Lee Hyun was also looking for talented people that never got famous. 

Even with talent, only a few people can become celebrities. 

Harin was the perfect example of this. She has to work on her basics, but she has more than enough talent to become a celebrity. 

Still, she was not famous in his past life. 

'I need to look for people like this.'

Lee Hyun thought silently as he went over other topics with Kim Dongsu. 

One such topic was recruiting a solo singer!

Their girl group plan was in the starting stage and it will take at least a year for them to be able to debut a girl group. 

In the meantime, they can't just sell songs. An agency needs artists. That's why it was better to sign a solo singer. 

"Do you have anyone in mind?"

"Ah, it's better to sign with an indie singer than going for a small celebrity like last time. We will have higher chances with that."

"Yes."

Lee Hyun also thought the same. 

There was no scarcity of artists who wanted to become famous. They will find tons of them in Hongdae. 

It was basically the place of independent singers. 

"I will look through some bars and clubs in Hongdae."

"Do that! If we can sign a singer soon, then we can release a Christmas album."

Lee Hyun said and Kim Dongsu also smiled thinking about it. A Christmas album was a good opportunity for them to make a name. 

"Let's do our best to make Mango Entertainment the top agency in Korea!"

"Yeah, let's do our best."

Lee Hyun thought about the uncertain future. He was still disappointed about Harin, but he didn't want to try to persuade her again.

He has a feeling that she would contact him again.

He also has more important work to do. The popularity of Midas was growing and agencies have started to request for songs now. 

Lee Hyun was very busy because of that and for the next two weeks, he only made songs and looked over potential singers to recruit. 

Then, on a certain Sunday, he woke up early. It was the time for the radio program! 

Only one chapter today.

37