Chapter 34
2k 6 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 34. Morning with music (4)

[The 80s were the times when music was getting popular. Western and pop music has started to make a place for themselves. At that time, there was a Korean band which got really popular. What was the name of that band?]

The question appeared on the screen. 

The quiz round was basically testing their musical knowledge. It was the perfect quiz to test the knowledge of two composers. 

'I will easily defeat him in this round.'

That was the thought process of Ham Choolsoo when the round had started. 

He was confident about his musical knowledge and as he was already informed about the quiz part, he had meticulously prepared for it. 

He thought he would be able to impress the audience with it, but his thoughts changed just five minutes after the quiz started.

"The band is called Tarantara band!"

"Correct answer once again. You sure have a great memory or you have prepared a lot for this quiz."

"No, I'm personally a fan of Tarantara band."

Lee Hyun laughed and talked with Im Sungho. 

He was giving all the correct answers of the questions quickly and precisely.

It was to the point that Im Sungho was wondering if he already knew the questions before the show. 

'How the hell does he know so much?'

Ham Choolsoo wondered as he looked at Lee Hyun. 

He was not able to believe that Lee Hyun's musical knowledge was this vast. From a general point of view, it was indeed not easy to believe it.

But who was Lee Hyun?

He was someone who was once called Midas of music. A genius who only appeared in a hundred years. 

It was no wonder that his musical knowledge was vast. From childhood, Lee Hyun was listening to all sorts of music. 

His musical knowledge was great because of that. 

Someone like Ham Choolsoo just can't compare to him. He can only be shocked as Lee Hyun answers every question correctly. 

"Let's go to the next question now."

Im Sungho moved on to the next question and Ham Choolsoo got more and more desperate with each passing question.

His confidence was quickly breaking, but he was not able to do anything.

"Let's return after this song. Then, we will move on to the interview."

The quiz round quickly finished and Im Sungho put down his headphones and drank some water.

"Hey."

"What?"

Lee Hyun turned his head when Ham Choolsoo whispered to him. 

'What's his problem?'

He thought as he glanced at Ham Choolsoo who looked irritated and seemed to be grumbling something. 

Lee Hyun wondered if he had done anything wrong. He had felt that Ham Choolsoo disliked him. 

So, he had not initiated a conversation with him. Or maybe it was because he didn't laugh at his jokes. 

But what can he even do? Ham Choolsoo's jokes were something that have the power to stop space and time. 

Even Im Sungho shuddered listening to them and the comments even stopped appearing for a moment, implying that even the viewers were shocked. 

Wouldn't it be weird if he alone laughed at them? 

"Don't think that you won because you did well in the quiz round. Interviews are completely different things. So, you won't do well."

"Ah, okay…"

Ham Choolsoo glared at him for a moment, before starting a talk with Im Sungho. His expression completely changed in an instant and a smile covered his face. 

'Let's ignore him from now on.'

Lee Hyun thought as he sighed. 

* * *

"The viewers' reactions are particularly good today. I hope it will get more intense in our next round which is a interview."

Im Sungho glanced at Lee Hyun and Ham Choolsoo before continuing. 

"Normally, I will ask questions from our guest, but today our writer has thought of a great idea. The questions in the interview will be directly asked by the viewers. We already have the questions here!"

The interview round started that way. 

Im Sungho continued to ask questions and Lee Hyun and Ham Choolsoo answered calmly.

Honestly, the questions were not complicated. 

They were questions like 'When did you start composing?' and 'Is it hard to make songs?'.

They were questions that Lee Hyun had already rehearsed with Kim Dongsu beforehand and even Ham Choolsoo didn't have problems answering them. 

But after a while, an unordinary question appeared. 

"Ah, this one is interesting. One of the viewers is asking 'My wish is to become a singer, but in the past I did many bad things. I turned over a new leaf recently and want to become a singer, but my past is the problem? What should I do?' What's your take on this one?"

Im Sungho asked and Ham Choolsoo was the first one to open his mouth. 

"I think that you should think over your decision. Even if you became a singer, people will never truly accept you because of your past. It's important for a singer to have a good image."

Im Sungho frowned, hearing that answer, but he didn't say anything more.

He turned towards Lee Hyun and spoke.

"That was Choolsoo's answer. What's your take on it?"

'A bad past, huh.'

Lee Hyun thought about it deeply. What Ham Choolsoo had said was really the reality of the industry. 

You can't become a singer if your past has problematic things, but Lee Hyun didn't think like that. 

He soon opened his mouth. 

"I think you can become a singer."

Ham Choolsoo made a displeased expression and looked at Lee Hyun. 

"People would never accept him because of his past. It's better to do something-"

"I don't think that."

"Huh?"

"He said that he turned over a new leaf. That means that he has already repented for his actions. If he has talent, then now, he just needs to believe that people will accept him."

Im Sungho smiled hearing that answer. He looked over at Lee Hyun and asked. 

"What if people didn't accept him?"

"Like I already said, he just needs to believe that people will accept him until he succeeds."

The comment section became explosive in an instant. There were many good comments praising Lee Hyun. 

Im Sungho looked towards the monitor and couldn't help but laugh. 

"The show has never received this much interest till now. We will be back after a short commercial."

40