Chapter 36
2k 2 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 36. Kang Minyuk (2)

"The commercials will end in 1 minute. Mr. Minyuk, are you ready?"

"Y-yeah."

Kang Minyuk replied somewhat stiffly at Producer Yoon's words, but he soon took a deep breath and calmed his beating heart down. 

He had gotten a chance after a long time. If he can perform well today, then maybe, he will have a chance to get famous. 

Minyuk glanced around his surroundings thinking that.

Producer Yoon and Writer Park were looking at him with a blank face while Im Sungho had a small smile on his face. 

One particular face stuck out to Minyuk. 

It was the face of Lee Hyun.

He was listening to the broadcast on his way here. So, Minyuk knew who Lee Hyun was. 

A young and talented composer who was making his name in the industry. In a way, Lee Hyun was someone Minyuk aspires to become. 

Maybe, it was because of that, but Lee Hyun's gaze felt heavy. 

"We will go on air in 10 seconds."

Minyuk placed his guitar in his hand hearing that. He was nervous, but it was not to the point that he would make a mistake. 

No, he can't afford to make a mistake. 

'I can do it!!'

A slow much flowed through, signalling the start. Minyuk quickly started strumming the strings of the guitar. 

A soft guitar sound came out as Minyuk opened his lips.

* * *

'He's not bad.'

Lee Hyun thought as he looked at Minyuk singing his original song. 

The original was named 'Dreams'. 

It was a soft rhythmic song with a guitar accompaniment and lyrics that can connect to anyone. 

The main highlight of the song was Minyuk's guitar. The way he was strumming his guitar was skillful and the music flowing out of it has the power to heal people.

It was not like there were no shortcomings in the song. 

Lee Hyun felt that the song needed a warmer variation. Some parts need to change and some have to be toned down a little. 

Still, it was a good song.

'If it can be arranged better, then this will definitely be a hit, but more than the song, the singer is more eye catching…'

Lee Hyun's gaze was stuck at Minyuk. 

His way of handling his guitar and singing resembled an experienced singer who's been singing for years.

Moreover, his breath management, resonance, ringing, emotions and… notes were all on point. 

It was completely different from Ya Harin who had talent, but lacked the basics. 

'His skills are enough for him to make a debut.'

Lee Hyun thought and wondered why Minyuk was not signed with an agency yet. At the same time, he grew interested in him. 

'It's the same feeling I felt when I heard Harin.'

Lee Hyun's gaze on Minyuk became deeper when he realised that. It can be that he just liked his voice, but he was not able to stop himself from thinking about Minyuk.

Does he have more original songs? Where does he usually sings at? Had he released an independent album yet? 

Lee Hyun stopped himself from thinking too much and again glanced at Minyuk.

He looked like he was really enjoying singing as his eyes were closed and the strumming on his guitar was increasing in pace. 

Minyuk was singing the climax of his song.

"'He is really good."

Lee Hyun muttered and Im Sungho who was standing next to him smiled in response.

"Yeah, you are right."

"Does Mr. Minyuk has an agency?"

Im Sungho shook his head hearing that. He glanced at Minyuk with a bit of pity in his eyes and opened his lips. 

"Actually, no agency wants him."

"Huh?"

Lee Hyun was surprised hearing that. Minyuk was a great singer in his mind, but no agency wanted a singer like him? 

That was weird. 

"Why is that? Isn't he a good singer?"

"He is certainly good, but his background is something to be wary about for the big agencies."

"Background? Is there something bad?"

Lee Hyun asked as he thought of many possible scenarios. 

It can be that he was from a poor family or someone in his family has a criminal background? There were many things, but Im Sungho's words made Lee Hyun surprised. 

"He filed a lawsuit against his previous agency."

"What?"

'It's certainly a big deal for the agencies who always want a clean background.'

Lee Hyun thought and focused on listening to Im Sungho's words. 

"His previous agency was those third rate agencies. He signed because they were giving him a good contract, but they just exploited him."

Agencies exploiting singers and actors was not a new thing. Some will ask for money and some will even have them debut, just to use them as prostitutes. 

"It's understandable that he filed a lawsuit."

"Yes, but that cost him the prime period of his life. He struggled with the lawsuit for 3 years and now, he doesn't have much work and no agency wants him."

"He's a good singer. It's really a pity…"

Lee Hyun thought as he glanced at Minyuk with a strange gaze. 

Im Sungho saw that and his eyes flashed. He very well knows that Lee Hyun was not only a composer, but also the president of an agency. 

But he had been treating him as just a composer. 

"Are you interested in him?"

"Huh?"

Lee Hyun turned around to look at Im Sungho hearing that. Then, he opened his lips after a bit of thinking. 

"Yeah, you could say so."

"You have good eyes. That guy, he's a really good singer and he gave it his all in his singing. That's why I gave him a chance to sing today."

Lee Hyun looked at Im Sungho with respect. Not many people would give chance to people in this industry. 

Im Sungho was a rare person. 

"I don't think you are a bad guy. So, if you really are interested in him, then take care of him well."

Lee Hyun nodded his head and Im Sungho picked up his headphones again and got ready to give the ending remarks to the show. 

Minyuk soon finished his song and the ending remarks flew out from Im Sungho's mouth. 

"The song you just heard was an original by this young man. It really made the atmosphere of the studio pleasant. I hope that the viewers would have felt the same. Let's end Morning with music here."

After that, the radio show finally ended. 

Producer Yoon and Writer Park took a sigh of relief, thinking that everything had gone well today and the staff started preparing the equipment for the next show. 

Amidst all this, Lee Hyun walked towards Kang Minyuk.

"Mr. Lee Hyun."

Minyuk greeted him politely when he saw him coming towards him. 

"I really like your singing."

"Ah? Thank you."

"Are you free after this?"

Minyuk made a surprised expression hearing that. He wondered what Lee Hyun wanted from him, but still nodded his head. 

"Yeah, I'm. I don't have anything special planned for today."

"Can we talk for a bit?"

35