Chapter 46
1.7k 5 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 46. Girl group start (4)

"Are you satisfied with the work?"

Lee Hyun asked as he looked at Minyuk was sitting in front of him. Minyuk smiled hearing that and answered in a slightly cheerful tone.

"Yeah, I am getting to sing at various places now. It's way better than the time when I have to move from place to place to beg for work."

"That's good then."

It's been a week since Minyuk has joined Mango Entertainment and his time here has been mostly peaceful.

He can practice his singing here and Kim Dongsu was getting him work frequenrly. Although, he had only been singing in small bars and malls currently, it was still better than before.

Moreover, he quite liked the environment of Mango Entertainment.

"Sorry, that you are only able to sing at cheap places currently."

"No, it's really fine."

Minyuk said that with a smile, but Lee Hyun shook his head.

"Well, you think that it's find, but I really don't want you to sing at small stages. Your voice is well suited for a big stage with lots of audience cheering for you."

"It's fine until I'm able to sing. A stage and the number of audience don't matter. Moreover, singing on a big stage looks like a dream-"

"It isn't."

Lee Hyun again shook his head.

Minyuk may be satisfied with singing on small stages, but it don't mean he was the same. Hell wanted Minyuk to sing in front of a large audience.

He continued after forming words in his mind.

"After we released an album, I'm sure you would get popular and perform on big stages. Even a concert isn't a dream."

'My own album and concert.'

It was Minyuk's biggest dream to have his own concert, but after all these years, he had kind of given up on his dream. 

But listening to Lee Hyun made him think of his dream again.

"Will I really have my own concert?"

"Yeah, I promise you will have it. Just wait for sometime and believe in me."

Minyuk nodded his head slowly after hearing that.

"I will believe you then."

Lee Hyun was someone who have given him a chance when everyone was avoiding him. He choose to believe in him because of that.

'Ah, I really wanna start working on his album.'

Lee Hyun thought as he sighed.

He really liked Minyuk's singing and his mind was already running with all sorts of songs that would suit his voice.

Releasing a mini-album for Minyuk was the next project for Mango Entertainment.

But...

'We need to gather all the members for the girl group first.'

Thinking about him was giving him a headache. The girl group project can pave the way for Mango Entertainment.

If it became a success, then Mango Entertainment would lose its tag of a new and small agency. 

That's why, Lee Hyun was taking it more seriously than anybody else.

'Knowing the future isn't a completely good thing too.'

Lee Hyun thought and frowned.

* * *

The next day, early in the morning.

"So, we got Tae Soyun."

Kim Dongsu smiled when he heard that. He have seen some videos of Soyun and he can instantly recognise her potential. 

It was a fortunate thing that Lee Hyun managed to persuade her. 

"Yeah, she didn't have much objections about it from the start. Her parents were the real problem, but I have a talk with them and they agreed."

"How did you manage to persuade them?"

Kim Dongsu wondered and Lee Hyun spoke like it was an easy thing.

"I just told them to give Soyun a year. If she can't succeed in that time, then they can do what they want. Soyun also pleaded and promised that it won't affect her studies."

Lee Hyun thought back to the meeting with Soyun's parents. It certainly wasn't easy at first, but he was able to convince them somehow.

That's how, he officially got the second member of the girl group.

"So, Ya Harin and Tae Soyun..."

"Yeah, we have half of the total members now."

They were going with a four member girl group. 

It may seem less as girl groups often have 6-7 members in this time, but they don't have much budget and less members means that they would be able to show the individuality of the group more.

"What happened with Alice Jung? Didn't you have a talk with her?"

Lee Hyun suddenly asked and Kim Dongsu face fell.

It looked like he didn't have a good experience talking with her. He frowned and opened his mouth.

"She is just like the rumours. Hard to control."

"What did she said?"

"She wants to talk with you before taking a decision. Her skills are top notch, but she's arrogant and hard to control."

'She's the same in my past life.'

Lee Hyun thought back.

In his past life, Alice had rejected all agencies in Korea and moved to America. After that, she had joined a dance group. 

That's all, Lee Hyun knows about her.

'She certainly has a lot of potential.'

He wanted Alice to become the backbone of the girl group. It may be hard to get her to sign with him, but it was worth it in the end.

"I'm okay with having a meeting with her."

"I know you would say that, but are you sure about her?"

Kim Dongsu asked like he already knew Lee Hyun would agree.

"Yeah, she has a lot of potential and it will help her."

Lee Hyun and Kim Dongsu talked about it for some more time. Then, they moved to their next topic which was directly related to their expenses. 

"Are you sure about renting a place for their practice?"

"Yeah, it is necessary."

A practice place was necessary for them to practice without any restraints. Moreover, all the members needed to live together for them to learn about teamwork.

They can't perform as a team without getting along with each other.

"It looks like it would be a hard month."

"Yeah."

Lee Hyun's recreated songs were working really well, but it was not like they can sell a song every day.

If a singer isn't releasing an album or a singer, then there's no way to sell a song to them. In easier terms, they have the product, but the demand was less. 

"We have also just paid for Harin's grandmother's operation. Now, the cost of renting a place..."

Kim Dongsu sighed thinking about their finances. They would barely be able to survive this month.

"Let's just think of it as an investment for the future."

"Yeah, we need to think positive."

Both of them nodded their heads and their morning meeting continued. 

The next day, Lee Hyun went to meet Alice Jung.

31