Chapter 48
1.8k 4 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 48. Dancing queen (2)

"Do you like chicken?"

"Yes, I love it and I think there would be hardly anyone who won't like it."

Alice said as she looked over Lee Hyun who was happily eating. The first impression she got of him was that he was strange.

Really strange.

"You look really normal for a President."

She couldn't help but think like that. With white shirt, blue jeans and a black jacket, Lee Hyun looked more like a college student than a President of an agency. 

All the CEOs and Presidents she had met always used to wear a suit.

"Well, most of the times people say that I'm too young to be a President."

"That's true too."

Both of them talked like that for a while. They got comfortable with each other pretty soon. You could even say that they bonded while eating chicken.

After a while, Lee Hyun started the main topic. 

"Why did you wanted to meet me?"

"I just wanted to know if you valued me or not. I don't want to enter an agency where I'm not valued and having a meeting with the President is the best way to know that."

Lee Hyun laughed hearing that.

The only reason Alice can put out such conditions was because she was confident in her skills.

"Then, you must have met with many big shots?"

"You could say so, but I won't say the meetings were particularly good."

Alice said as she recalled those meetings and Lee Hyun asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Why is that?"

"All of them were just too... arrogant."

Alice paused for a second before opening her lips again. 

"Some act haughtily while some of them even tried to touch me and said that they would make me a star. Those old geezers were really disgusting!"

Alice said with hate in her eyes.

It looks like she really didn't like any of them. She didn't like arrogant people at all. That's why, she rejected all the offers. 

"Then, what do you think about me? Do I seem arrogant?"

Lee Hyun asked after thinking about it and Alice stared at him before answering. 

"I don't think so. You are really different. Most of the times I would called to their office when I would ask to meet them. You are the first one to meet me like this."

Alice said with a slight smile.

"I'm glad that you think like that."

Lee Hyun felt that everything was going well till now. He thought that this was the best time to start the talk about the girl group.

"My agency, Mango Entertainment is planning to make a 4 member girl group."

"So, you want me to be a part of it?"

"Yes, I don't think I will find a dancer like you in the whole Korea. Just that is enough for me to want to recruit you."

Alice smiled hearing that. 

She was someone who really like compliments, but only if they are genuine. She smiled because she felt that the compliment was not fake. 

"Well, I'm certainly interested in it and honestly, I'm bored of just dancing at such a small level. I want to dance at a bigger stage."

Alice quite liked taking parts in dance battles, but she was also bored of it.

She wanted to stand at a bigger stage now.

"I can give you that stage."

Lee Hyun said with a confident expression.

"Are you sure? Isn't your agency quite new?"

"Yes, it is certainly a new agency that not many people know of, but it don't mean that we won't succeed just because we are just starting out."

"I quite like your condefence."

In his past life, Alice hadn't found a suitable agency in Korea and to find a bigger stage, she had flown to America.

But now, Lee Hyun was giving her a chance.

'Should I agree?'

Alice thought about it carefully.

It was not wrong to say that Lee Hyun was different from the other Presidents she had met till now.

She was also getting a feeling that if she agreed, then he would do his best to give her a stage that won't compromise with her skills.

But...

'I want to know for sure.'

There was still some uneasiness in her heart. She just can't trust Lee Hyun fully after just meeting him once.

"I want you to join my agency. I won't force you and the answer would be yours."

Lee Hyun said when he noticed that Alice was still thinking about it.

He was confident that she would agree, but he didn't know for sure. If she really agreed, then he would get the backbone of his girl group. 

If she refused, then Lee Hyun can only be sad and they would need to work to find someone else. That would just waste more of their time.

Finally, after a while, Alice opened her mouth.

"I will join your agency."

"I'm sure you-"

"But..."

Lee Hyun suddenly stopped talking when Alice interrupted him. 

'Does she have some other condition?'

He wondered as he stared at her. If her condition wasn't something big, then he will surely try his best to fulfil it, but if it was something he can't do, then...

'Let's hear about it first.'

Lee Hyun thought and shook his head. He then opened his mouth. 

"Do you have a condition?"

"Yes."

Alice stared at him as various thoughts ran in her mind.

'He will probably refuse, right?'

She thought that Lee Hyun would surely refuse after hearing about her condition, but there was still a little chance that he would agree. 

That's why, she decided to say it out loud. 

"I will join your agency, but I won't sign the contract."

"Huh? What?"

Lee Hyun stared at her with a shocked face. 

That was not something he was expecting. Alice will join Mango Entertainment, but she won't sign the contract? 

"What do you mean by that?"

"You are not arrogant and I really think that you can give me the stage that I deserve, but I still am not sure of it fully. You can see it like a trial period."

"Trial period?"

"Yes, if I like the working environment and the other members of the girl group, then I would sign the contract, but before making sure of that, I don't wanna sign a contract."

Lee Hyun just stayed silent after hearing all that.

He just couldn't agree straightly with such a condition. If he really agreed to it, then he would be in the loss.

'What should I do?'

He thought about as he tried to calm down, but his mind was already in distraught. 

33