Chapter 50
1.8k 4 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 50. Gathering (2)

"Thank you for listening to my song."

Minyuk said as he looked at the clapping audience in front of him. The response to his song was really good and the audience have payed great attention to him.

He was happy thinking that they liked his song.

He was continuously playing his original song 'Dreams' and doing covers of other famous songs in the bars and clubs around Hongdae.

Many singers won't be happy with singing in bars and clubs after signing a contract with an agency. They won't be independent artists after that and want to spread their wings more.

But Minyuk was different.

He quite liked singing in places like this because he can directly connect with the audience and people in Hongdae only want one thing.

Good music.

Minyuk has that and that's why, he has started to make a name for himself. 

He was already famous as the singer who filed a lawsuit against his own agency, but the rumours that he was making a comeback were spreading quickly.

'I hope I can sing at more places like this.'

Today, he was singing in one of the most famous and oldest bars in Hongdae. 

Blue wells. 

It was a bar that was named after a famous band in the 70s and 80s. The owner of the bar was actually the leader of that band.

He was old, but he knew how to experience music.

That's why, the bar and the owner were really famous in Hongdae. Minyuk had gotten the chance to sing here for the first time and he was really enjoying it. 

Not only because of the atmosphere, but also the audience.

"You sang really well!"

"I think I saw you a few years ago. Your singing was good back then too."

"You are so handsome!"

"Was that an original song? I really liked it."

"Make an album soon. I will buy it for sure."

The audience members complimented him after the performance. It was a rare thing to see, but the audience of Blue wells was like this.

Minyuk also bowed his head slightly and thanked them.

"Thank you for your praise."

There was a constant smile on his face as he left the stage.

At the backstage, Minyuk opened a bottle of water and gulped it down. He didn't show it, but he was really exhausted after the performance.

'An album, huh.'

While drinking water, he thought about the album Lee Hyun had promised him. He wasn't in a hurry about that because he believed in Lee Hyun, but he was still excited.

It was his dream to release an album and he can finally see it happening.

"Minyuk hyung."

As he was thinking about that, he suddenly heard a voice. Minyuk turned around and saw a young handsome guy coming towards him.

He was a little surprised to see him here, but he stood up and greeted him.

"I didn't expect to see you here, Jihun."

"Yeah, my agency planned this venue for my last show in Hongdae. They want me to focus on my next album and entertainment shows."

The man called Jihun said with a smile, but there was some smugness in his words. It was like he was saying that Hongdae was just too small for him now.

Minyuk just ignored that and replied.

"I bought your debut album and the songs in it were good."

"Ah, really? Thank you, but hyung, you could have just called me and I would have send you a copy. I don't want you to spend your money on it when you are barely surviving."

Minyuk's expression fell when he heard that.

Jihun's words were a taunt, an indirect disdain to Minyuk. He was doing it intentionally, but Minyuk still tried to calm himself down.

"I tired to call you several times, but your manager said that you were busy."

"Is that so? Well, my schedule was really packed last year."

Jihun's made an excuse at Minyuk's words.

The truth was that he didn't wanted to pick his calls because he didn't want to help Minyuk who was struggling to even find an agency.

"Let's see each other often from now on then."

"Ah, I heard that you got an agency and was planning to debut soon."

Minyuk nodded his head and replied.

"Yes, I will probably release an album before Christmas."

Jihun made a surprised expression hearing that. The truth was that his next album would also release at the same time. 

"Actually, my new album would also be released at the same time. So, it looks like we will have a clash."

"Then, let's just give our best."

"Yeah."

Jihun went to the stage after that and Minyuk frowned standing there. Throughout their conversion, Jihun was smiling, but he could easily feel the disdain.

There was a time when Jihun was his junior, but after getting recruited by a big agency and making his debut, his personality has changed greatly.

'The thing people would get after becoming famous.'

Arrogance.

Minyuk thought and left the bar while frowning.

* * *

"Where are we going?"

Harin asked as she turned around to look at Lee Hyun who was walking besides her.

He had suddenly called her to the office and said they have somewhere to visit. They were walking for 20 minutes now.

"You will see once you see it."

Lee Hyun just replied that and kept walking. There was a constant smile on his face like he had experienced something good.

'What's with him?'

Harin wanted to ask, but she just kept quite.

After a while, Lee Hyun stopped and pointed at an old building that seem to have been abandoned.

"What's that?"

"It's the place where you will live and practice from now on."

Lee Hyun casually replied to Harin's question and her eyes became round as she opened and closed her mouth.

"Practice studio!!"

She screamed and stared at the building.

Lee Hyun had told her that he would be arranging a practice place for her, but she didn't expect it to be so early.

These days, she was able to practice her singing in the studio. So, she was not in a hurry about the practice place.

Still, this has really surprised her.

"Let's go in!"

Harin said excitedly, but before she could even take one step ahead, Lee Hyun holded her back.

"We can't enter it yet."

"Why?"

She asked as she tilted her head.

"We need to wait for the other members."

"Other members?"

"Yeah, did you forgot that you are a part of a girl group?"

Lee Hyun said as he looked at her. At the same time, a car stopped besides them. This was obviously Kim Dongsu's car.

He turned back and looked at it with a smile.

"Here they are. The members!"

* * *

Hello, your author here.

I'm just posting here because people don't look at the author's note much. I will just explain some things.

Hyung = Older brother or a senior in a job or a field. It's a casual honorific used in Korea, in case people don't know.

Unnie = Older sister or a senior in a job or a field. The female equivalent of hyung.

I'm just explaining this because people can be confused. And let me explain some things you might be confused about.

There would be four members in the girl group and the last member would be introduced in the next chapter.

Many people were confused when I would introduce the fourth member, but I just wanna say that her personality would be slowly explored.

Anyway, thanks for reading this and wait for next chap! 

34