Chapter 59
1.6k 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 59. Dreams (1)

It's been a week since Lee Hyun started working on the rearrangement for Dreams. Aside from the rearrangement, he was also working on the other songs of the album.

Apart from all that, he was also giving lessons to the girls.

His schedule was tight and he was barely able to get some sleep, but he was happy because everything was progressing well. 

If they kept working like this, then Mango Entertainment would soon produce its first successful album.

He was working while hoping for that and at that time, Minyuk approached him with a sheet of paper in his hand.

"You completed the lyrics?"

Lee Hyun glanced at the sheet of paper in his hand and asked. 

"Yeah, it took some time, but I was able to write some good lyrics."

"Let me see."

He took the paper from Minyuk's hands and looked through it. Then, he read them all out to get a feel.

"The boy with the guitar in his hand, walking on a rainy day..."

"Drowning under the rain..."

"Countless daggers stabbed in his heart, he groaned with pain..."

Lee Hyun imagined his song 'Broken' and tried to match it up with the lyrics. Broken was a song that has a sad feeling to it that can easily touch one's heart.

The lyrics Minyuk had written matched perfectly with that.

'He's more talented than I thought.'

Lee Hyun glanced at Minyuk who was awkwardly staring at him and thought.

He had made him write the lyrics because he wanted to give Minyuk a chance, but the result was better than he had expected. 

'The musician image really suits him.'

Currently, male singers would only go with two types of images. Young singers would go the idol route and more older singers would choose to create an image of a musician.

There were exceptions to it, but this was the current trend.

Although Minyuk was not that old, the musician's image suits him perfectly. Lee Hyun kept reading the lyrics thinking that.

"On that rainy day, someone became his umbrella..."

"They made a promise to stay together in all seasons..."

"Never fearing treason..."

Lee Hyun suddenly stopped after reading that verse. He thought something for a second and raised his head to look at Minyuk. 

Then, he straightforwardly asked.

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

"Huh?"

Minyuk was confused at that sudden question and didn't know how to answer it, but he still nodded his head.

"Ah, yes."

"You didn't tell him about it before?"

"Well, it's..."

Lee Hyun glared at him slightly and Minyuk just scratched his head with an awkward expression on his face.

The only reason Minyuk was hiding this from Lee Hyun was because he knows that entertainment agencies don't normally allow their artist to be in a relationship. 

But he didn't realise that Lee Hyun was different. 

"Don't worry, I don't have any problems with you having a girlfriend."

"Ah, you don't?"

Minyuk looked back with a surprised expression on his face and Lee Hyun just shrugged and explained. 

"Yeah, I don't have any problems with you having a girlfriend. You are old enough to have kids, so it would be weird if you don't even have a girlfriend yet."

Minyuk laughed at the joke in the end and finally loosened up. He decided to trust Lee Hyun and opened his mouth. 

"Yeah, I have one. We have been in a relationship for years and we are even thinking of marrying soon."

"That's a good thing."

Lee Hyun smiled hearing that.

'His image is not of an idol, so I don't have to worry about dating scandals.'

He was not going to stop Minyuk from having a girlfriend. Minyuk was someone who was more likely to get older fans unlike the idol singers who normally have tons of high school and middle school students as their fans. 

He didn't see any problem with him having a girlfriend. 

"By the way, how did you even know that I have a girlfriend?"

Minyuk asked as he had no clue how Lee Hyun had guessed it. 

"I found out from the lyrics you have written. In this part, you write about someone who stayed with you in the trough times. It's more likely to be a girl, so I just made a guess."

At Lee Hyun's answer, Minyuk laughed.

Lee Hyun has found out about it, just from the lyrics he had written. His observation skills were really top notch.

"Anyway, I like the lyrics you have written."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it matches the feel of the song and I think you can sing it well."

Both of them talked about it for some more time and then, the topic shifted to the rearrangement of Dreams which Lee Hyun was doing. 

"You completed the rearrangement?"

Minyuk asked as he glanced at the PC. Lee Hyun was working on the rearrangement of Dreams when he came here.

"I won't say it's fully completed, but 90% work is done."

Lee Hyun thought about the problems he had faced during rearranging the song as he said that.

'It was harder than I thought.'

Dreams was a simple song, but Lee Hyun wanted to make it more wholesome. Because of that, he needed to rearrange from the start so as to not mess it up at any point. 

Finding the current rhythm was also hard and he tried several combinations before he got the desired result. 

Still, the result was highly satisfactory. 

"Can I take a look at it?"

Minyuk asked and Lee Hyun nodded his head.

"I hope you like it."

Lee Hyun played the song on his PC and music came out from the several speakers inside the studio. 

'It's different, but same at the same time.'

That was the feeling Minyuk felt as he listened to the music coming out from the speakers.

He was the most familiar with the song as he had created it. He can easily recognise that Lee Hyun has kept the core of the song while adding things in the background. 

He had done that to keep the original feel of the song while adding a warmer variation on top of it.

'Ah, he's really a genius.'

Minyuk glanced at Lee Hyun after the song finished playing.

The rearrangement was done better than he had imagined it to be. He had a feeling that this song can become a hit.

"Do you like it?"

Lee Hyun asked him.

"Yeah, it's better than I expected. And how should I say... the feel it gives is really great."

"That's good. I have not completed it completely, but it's mostly finished. I will add the final touches by tomorrow."

"That's fine."

Minyuk said with a smile on his face.

He was really satisfied with the rearrangement. As Dreams was composed by him, he would be greatly disappointed if the rearranged version wasn't able to keep the original feel. 

Fortunately, nothing like that had happened.

Bang!

As they were talking, the door to the recording studio suddenly opened with a bang and Kim Dongsu entered.

He stared at Lee Hyun with a trace of worry on his face and opened his mouth.

"We are in trouble!"

32