Chapter 61
1.6k 3 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 61. Request for featuring (1)

In one of the cafes in Gangnam,

Lee Hyun was sitting while he waited for someone patiently.

For the past two weeks, he was working in the recording studio nonstop, so coming to the cafe felt like a change for him.

It was also not like he was in the cafe to relax. He was here to talk to someone about work, but that person hadn't appeared yet.

'She's late!'

Lee Hyun thought as he looked at his watch. The meeting time was 12, but it was already 12:30. He was waiting here for half an hour, but there were no signs of her...

Ring! 

As he was thinking that, the door to the cafe suddenly opened.

A woman entered the cafe. There was a bit of makeup on her face, but it only glorified the beauty of the woman.

'It's not been a long time since our last meeting, but she seemed like a different person.'

Lee Hyun thought as he stared at the woman. It was not only him who was staring at him. All the people in the cafe, even the waiters were staring at that woman.

It was because that woman was one of the most popular stars currently, Lee Hyerin.

"Miss Hyerin."

Lee Hyun raised his hand and shouted her name and she finally noticed him. A smile quickly bloomed on her face, but she was quick to hide it as she moved towards him. 

"You look... messy."

That was the first sentence Lee Hyerin said as she sat down. 

"Well, I am quite busy these days."

Lee Hyun smiled awkwardly hearing that. He himself knows that his current self was nothing but messy.

His beard has grown a bit and his hair was not even combed properly. He was not even wearing his best clothes. Moreover, there were dark circles under his eyes. 

It was just the effect of working nonstop. 

"You should still take care of yourself. You look like you haven't slept for days."

They have grown familiar with each other when they were recording Never give up. So, Lee Hyerin was talking casually to him. 

Lee Hyun also liked it better this way as it was easier to talk. 

"I should say the same to you. You are also busy these days with shows and reality TV show appearances."

"I need to work hard, now that I have work. Although, it's still a bit tiring..."

Lee Hyerin sighed at the last part.

It was way better than the time when she had no work, but still, she at least had free time back then.

Now, it's only work and more work. 

Even the reason she was late today was because of an interview. Even after this, she needs to go to a fan event and then, a radio show.

"Thank you for taking time out in your busy schedule."

Lee Hyun said with an apologetic expression, but he only got a glare in return. 

"I should say the same to you. Wasn't it you who took time out of your busy schedule to meet with me?"

"Well..."

He just scratched his head hearing that. The reason Lee Hyerin was glaring at him was because Lee Hyun had rejected most of her invitation for dinner.

He can't help it. 

Lee Hyun was just too busy. Still, he can't say that he was not at fault here. He tried to think of an excuse, but Lee Hyerin spoke before him. 

"It's fine. You don't need to say anything. So, why have you called me here today? It's not just because you want to talk, right?"

Lee Hyerin asked.

She knew that Lee Hyun won't call her without any reason. There must be something that he wanted to talk about. 

"Yeah, I wanted to request something from you."

Lee Hyun also got serious and straightened his back hearing that question.

"Request?"

"Yeah, actually, my agency would soon release an album."

Lee Hyerin made a surprised expression hearing that. She already knew that Lee Hyun was not just a music composer.

But from what she knew, his agency was still small. Releasing an album so soon? She didn't know if it was a good step or not.

"Are you sure that you would be able to profit? It's hard to sell an album these days."

"I know that, but I have confidence in my songs and the singer."

Lee Hyun said with a confident expression on his face and she nodded her head. 

"Yeah, if it's your songs, then it would surely be a hit."

Lee Hyerin had no doubt about it. Starting from Never give up, Lee Hyun's every song was a hit. The songs of Midas were a fresh wave of music in the industry. 

Still, there was a question in her heart. 

"Who is the singer? Is he famous?"

"No, he's a new singer, but his voice is unique and I'm confident that he could become big."

"What's his name?"

Lee Hyerin was not able to hide her curiosity hearing that. She wondered how good of a singer one needs to be to make Lee Hyun compliment him. 

"His name is Kang Minyuk."

"I will remember his name."

Lee Hyun talked about Minyuk for some more time and Lee Hyerin grew more curious about him.

After a while, he finally started the main topic. 

"Actually, there is one of the songs in the album."

"What type of song?"

"It's like a fusion song with a bit of electronic music, but the overall feeling is sad. The song is called 'Broken' and I wanted you to make a feature in it."

Lee Hyun said with a bit of hesitation. 

His idea was simple. He wanted to use Lee Hyerin current popularity and have her feature in Minyuk's song.

This will give some popularity to Minyuk, but at the same time, it was purely a selfish request of him.

'I wonder if she will agree.'

Lee Hyun thought as he looked at Lee Hyerin who was making a surprised expression. His plan would only work if she agreed to it, so he was really nervous. 

But thankfully, he got a positive response pretty quickly.

"I will do it!!"

"Really?"

"Yeah, I can at least do that for you."

Lee Hyun immediately smiled hearing that. It was common for popular singers to only feature in songs of other famous singers, but Lee Hyerin was willing to do it for only him.

"Then, I will contact your agency and sign a contract about the profit and distribution rights."

Now that the singer has agreed, it would be easy to convince Nike Entertainment, but Lee Hyerin shook her head. 

"When did I say I would take money?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"I will do it for free."

This time, it was Lee Hyun's turn to be surprised. 

33