Chapter 65
1.7k 4 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 65. Feature (3)

"Are you really confident in his skills?"

Lee Hyerin asked Lee Hyun when he was adjusting the mixer. He raised his head from the complicated knobs and looked at her with a grin on his face. 

"If I wasn't confident, then I won't let him play the guitar instead of just singing."

"That's true..."

She trailed off in her sentence and Lee Hyun noticed that she still didn't believe in him. It was also understandable.

The bridge part has a rather complex arrangement and one needs to be on the level of a professional guitarist to even play that part without making mistakes. 

But Lee Hyerin didn't know that Minyuk was already on that level. 

"You haven't seen him play the guitar before, but he can easily pass off as one of the best guitarists from Korea."

Lee Hyun said that with utmost confidence and Lee Hyerin blinked her eyes in surprise.

"You seem to have a lot of trust in him."

"Yeah, he's my artist. There's no need to not have trust in him."

Lee Hyerin suddenly laughed hearing that. She glanced at Lee Hyun and then, Minyuk who was practicing his voice before the recording. 

Then, she opened her lips.

"I'm suddenly feeling jealous of Minyuk."

"Ah? Why?"

"No, it's not much. Just that it's hard to find someone who has this much trust in their artist in this industry."

Lee Hyerin sincerely thought that. 

Singers or actors these days are only a money making machine for the agencies. They don't put much trust in them and just use them till they can earn them money. 

"Let's start the recording."

Minyuk suddenly said from the isolation booth and Lee Hyun nodded his head. 

"Let's first record the instrumental."

It was necessary to separately record both the guitar accompaniment and the singing as Minyuk won't be able to focus on both at the same time. 

"Okay."

"Don't be nervous as we can record again if you make any mistakes."

Lee Hyun said as he saw the somewhat stiff shoulders of Minyuk. 

"Don't worry, I understand."

Minyuk took a deep breath as he said that. He felt some pressure as he held his guitar. Maybe, it was because of the presence of Lee Hyerin or it was something else, but he felt nervous. 

'I can do it!!'

He thought loudly in his mind and Lee Hyun finally gave the signal to start. 

In an instant, the atmosphere around Minyuk suddenly changed. His hands moved rapidly as he started strumming on the strings. 

It was like all his nervousness was gone as he immersed himself in his own little world.

The bridge part of the song was hard because of the notes and beats change. It started slow, but it picked up the speed in an instant. 

"Wow!!"

Lee Hyerin was not able to hold herself back from exclaiming seeing Minyuk's skills. 

She herself knows how to play the guitar, so she can tell easily that his skills were no joke. He was moving his hands like he had practised every part thousands of times. 

'He was certainly not wrong about his skills.'

Lee Hyerin glanced at Lee Hyun who was focusing on the recording.

Even a small difference was capable of ruining the whole part. So, he was focusing with sheer concentration. 

Seeing that, Lee Hyerin also focused on Minyuk. 

He was currently in the middle of one of the parts with high notes. It was complex as he needed to split up a beat and then, mixed it with the fourth and the fifth beat. 

But Minyuk did it without any problems. 

"How can he play it like that?"

Lee Hyerin muttered with shock written over all her face. 

The harder the part is, the better he would play it - That was the type of musician Minyuk was and this was clearly shown here. 

Lee Hyerin didn't even have any words as Minyuk continued to play.

"You did a great job!"

Lee Hyun smiled and said as Minyuk came out of the isolation booth. 

He was smiling because Minyuk had not made a simple mistake. They have recorded the instrumental in just one attempt and it was a really amazing thing. 

Even Lee Hyun hadn't expected it. 

"Is it really perfect? I think it's lacking. Do I do it again?"

Minyuk asked as he listened to the recording. He felt like there was still something missing, but Lee Hyun shook his head. 

"No, you don't have to do it again. I will just make it smooth. It does look a little bit sharp, but don't worry, I think I can handle this much."

After saying that, Lee Hyun started arranging it on the mixer.

Broken was a song with overall soft music with high notes and the bridge part he had added has a slightly sharp tone. 

It was not a bad thing as the overall feel wasn't affected, but Lee Hyun still decided to make it less rough and sharp. 

'He really know all sorts of things.'

Minyuk thought as he saw Lee Hyun handling the mixer with ease. It was like he was playing with the mixer for years. 

His thinking was also not wrong as Lee Hyun was indeed someone who played with the mixer for years. 

"Mr. Minyuk."

Lee Hyerin suddenly approached him as he was staring at the mixing process. 

"Ah, yes?"

"You were amazing. I have never seen someone play the guitar so fluently."

"T-thank you."

Minyuk was flustered hearing that compliment. It was because the compliment was given by Lee Hyerin, a superstar. 

He was flustered, but he still kept his calm and spoke.

"I really appreciate your compliment."

"I'm just saying the truth and there is something I want to ask you. Can I?"

Minyuk tilted his head at that, but he still nodded his head.

'I wonder if he will agree, but I won't find a guitarist like him anywhere else.'

Lee Hyerin thought back to Minyuk's insane guitar skill. While seeing him play the guitar, an idea had sprang up in her head. 

Actually, she would feature in a show called 'Music nights' soon and she wanted the help of a guitarist for that.

And no one was better than Minyuk in her mind.

"Have you heard of a show called Music nights?"

"Yeah, it airs every Sat-Sun on KMS public broadcasting channels. The singers will sing the acoustic version of a song they select beforehand and compete with each other."

Minyuk's girlfriend watches that show every time it airs, so he knew a lot about it. Lee Hyerin also nodded her head hearing that. 

"Yeah, actually, I would be going to that show next week."

"Ah, I hope you win then."

Minyuk said with a smile, but the next words of Lee Hyerin were enough to surprise him.

"I'm not sure of winning actually, but I think I can If you accompany me as a guitarist."

She said that like it was not a big deal, but Minyuk's face instantly turned into one of shock. Even Lee Hyun stopped working and turned around. 

He looked at Lee Hyerin and opened his mouth. 

"What did you just say??"

34