Chapter 71
1.6k 4 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 71. Second chance (2)

"I never thought I would see the audience reacting like this one day."

The Producer of Music nights scratched his balding head and said in a bright voice. He would even be dancing, if not for the other people present in the room. 

"Yeah, it looks like we did good inviting Lee Hyerin on the show today."

The Writer of the show, an old woman in her 50s said as she glanced at Lee Hyerin who was still singing.

But the Producer shook his head. 

"I don't think it's only because of Lee Hyerin."

"You mean the guy who is playing the guitar? What's his name? Kang Minyhyuk?"

"It's Kang Minyuk and yes, I'm referring to him. The way he is playing the guitar is just insane. He can easily become a professional guitarist because of his skills."

The old Writer looked closely at Minyuk. He was playing with an unusual enthusiasm on the stage. It looks like he was simply enjoying the music. 

'He's a bit unusual.'

To get experienced eyes, Minyuk looked really unusual. When she had first seen him, he was really nervous and he even made a mistake in the start.

But now, he was playing the guitar like an experienced guitarist. 

'He's more than just unusual.'

That was the conclusion of the old Writer when she looked more at Minyuk. A smirk quickly formed on her lips as she thought about something. 

Then, she opened her lips.

"I don't think he can become a professional guitarist."

"Huh?"

The balding Producer looked at her with a confused expression, but the old writer shook her hand and replied.

"He has already surpassed the level of a professional."

"Y-yeah."

The balding producer nodded his head and focused on Minyuk again. For him, Minyuk was the biggest surprise.

He was really happy when they had managed to get both Kim Jisu and Lee Hyerin.  Both of them were famous and it was an open secret that they don't like each other.

He wanted to make a story out of it and increase the declining ratings of the show, but he had never imagined that he would get some surprises. 

First of all, just Jaime appearing with Kim Jisu was enough to attract attention, but the bigger surprise was the discovery of an unknown guitarist with such skill. 

'If we edit it properly, then it can become a hot topic.'

The balding Producer thought and again glanced at Minyuk.

The more he looked at him, the more he thought that Minyuk had that stage presence to become big.

"What are you thinking?"

The old Writer asked when she saw him looking at Minyuk with a meaningful expression.

"I'm just thinking how can I attract people's attention by highlighting an unknown guitarist.."

"Ah!"

The balding Producer laughed when he saw the astonished expression of her. He quickly thought of how he would edit the footage and said. 

"What are we going to do with the footage of Minyuk making a mistake and disrupting the performance?"

"We were going to edit it out completely as Lee Hyerin's agency would probably oppose it."

"Don't edit it out and wait for me to talk to Lee Hyerin's manager. Oh yeah! Is Minyuk's manager here too or someone from his agency?"

The old Writer nodded her head at that question. Then, she asked. 

"Producer, what are you planning?"

"I'm just planning an episode that will blow everyone up."

* * *

"I can't believe we won!!"

Lee Hyerin who was sitting in the van exclaimed with pure joy and delight. She wasn't able to help herself from laughing out loud from time to time. 

"You look really happy."

Lee Hyun who was sitting next to her said and she rapidly nodded her head. 

"Yeah, there's no reason not to be happy. I won over that Jisu and got the first prize. That's the best thing that happened to me this week."

Lee Hyerin said and thought back to the moment when the MC announced the results. 

She was really nervous, thinking that she would lose, but unexpectedly, she had gotten more votes than Kim Jisu.

Music nights was a show where the audience voted to decide the final winner and despite their initial mistake, they have really enjoyed the performance of Lee Hyerin and Minyuk.

Even more than the performance of Kim Jisu and Jaime.

That was the reason behind their victory!

"Minyuk, really thank you for today. If not for you, I don't think I would have won."

After speaking about how she would decorate her living room with the trophy she had won today, Lee Hyerin turned to Minyuk and said.

"No, no, I didn't do much. I even made a mistake in the start..."

Minyuk said with a bashful expression on his face, but Lee Hyun quickly shook his head and interjected. 

"You made a mistake, but you also corrected it quickly. Moreover, it was just because you are nervous and you won in the end, so isn't it fine? Why are you still thinking about it?"

"Yeah, when I was first performing on a public network show, I even tripped off and fell down on the stage. Compared to me, you did great!"

Maybe to make Minyuk better, Lee Hyerin started recounting her experience when she had first started as an idol. 

It was a good change of topic and the mood became brighter in the van.

'It was better than I thought.'

While Lee Hyerin and Minyuk were talking about different things, Lee Hyun started to think about that whole show and what happened there.

Minyuk indeed made a mistake at the start, but he was able to correct it.  

That was something most people won't be able to do and not only that, he even showed his true skill in front of the audience. 

'He is someone who can change into a different person after holding a guitar.'

Even Jaime, who was known as one of the best guitarists in Korea has congratulated him and acknowledged his skill after the show.

That was a big achievement in itself. 

'Now, we just need to wait for the results.'

The edited version of the show would air after a week and the true results would come out then. It was just another reality TV show for Lee Hyerin, but it was different for Minyuk who was unknown to the masses.

If it went well, then Minyuk would surely become famous. 

'I hope the Producer would edit it like he had promised.'

While looking out of the window, Lee Hyun thought about the conversation he had with the Producer of Music nights.

It all depended on the broadcast now...

30