Chapter: 0 Prologue
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"haah... haah..." 'Please let me make it! Please!!!'

Through the forests a woman perhaps in her 20s was running with all the strength she had. She didn't have much of a clothing, barely a white gown; that hides away her bruised and weak body, running bare footed which has resulted in various cuts and bruises and bloody traces; clearly she looked pretty exhausted and tired based on her appearance but the light of conviction shining within her eyes was as bright as stars in the clear night sky.

The girl was carrying a brown bamboo basket; and from the looks of it whatever is inside the basket is of utmost importance as this girl was protecting the basket as if more than her life depended on it.

'I've to make sure that they don't ever find him... Dammit they are close; looks like I'll have to depend on the nature and luck for the safety of Young Master. hehehe... It's pretty bizarre coming from one such as me to rely on luck but looks like I've got no other choice. I'm pretty sure that they are only after and don't know of Young Master's existence; that gives us at least a little possibility, and it's not like I've any other choice after all; it will take at the very least 2 days to exit the forest but until then they'll keep chasing me. I'll have to act as divergence... Which leaves me with only one choice...'

The girl kept running while carrying the basket, not long after she came upon a river with pretty high water flow speed, The girl carefully placed the Basket on the river surface and for one last time open the cover to take one last look.

As soon as she opened the Basket cover; she saw a young child probably 6 or 7 month old; looking at her with his crimson red eyes; the boy wasn't crying but just observing with curious looks.

"I hope you'll be able to live young Master. I don't know if I'm correct or not but for some reason I believe you are able to understand what I'm speaking. Therefore I want to tell you... I love You! More than anything in the world but it appears that there are people out there that don't seem to appreciate it. After your Father and Mother left the world you were my responsibility but I failed... hic... I-I... I hope you will survive here and... and live... you know... The world out there is big, too big. So, please I hope you are able to survive and please forgive me for failing to protect you." woman wiped her tears and for one last time touched the forehead of the baby.

There was a beautiful smile on the baby's face; with the touch. This smile also strengthened the woman's determination. After this one last breath she closed the cover of the basket and chanted.

"May The Protection of The Stars Be with You: Grand Cassiopeia" With the chant a silver white Magic Circle appeared with the Basket and the woman as the center; following which silver particles started coming off from the woman as a result all her physical body broke into the same silver particles and started circling around the basket carrying the baby; with final completion of seal they all transferred into the basket giving it a silver glow.

All this scene appeared to be very ethereal and beautiful.

Not long after, complete physical body of the woman was gone and only a spiritual body remained.

"Please be safe Young Master Elvick!" Were the last words of The woman as she pushed the basket to let it move along the water flow along the river and soon disappeared from the sight.

And the ethereal body of the woman disappeared followed by the disappearance of all the bloody traces on the ground. Not too distant from that place were several people chasing after the path the woman had taken. From their outfit; they appeared to be mages and warriors and their purpose clearly didn't seem to be friendly.

"Damn! All the traces are gone Boss! Looks like we won't be able to find this one." complained one of the men in annoyance.

"We gotta search more; you all know what she is! We can't just let her get away. And if I'm not incorrect; she was carrying a newly born too and that particular kind of existence can not be allowed to live. She has gotta be hiding somewhere; we just have to let the bitch out of her hole." 

"Yeah! We can't let her get away; after all she is a DEMON!"

"But Boss why so much rush? I mean I get it that she is a Demon and has to be hunted but by the looks of it that's clearly not the reason for this hunt isn't it?"

"As sharp as ever huh? Yeah you got that right! The demoness is not our primary concern; but rather the child she is protecting. That kind of existence is a Blasphemy and shall not be allowed too live."

"Are the rumors really true then?"

"Don't know that for sure but we've to confirm it and eliminate it if that's really the case."

"...Sigh... Really troublesome."

But how do we search? All the traces are gone, there is no presence detection with in 100 miles radius; is it possible that she used some kind of magic tool that allowed her to teleport?"

"Could be! From what I know it didn't appear as though she can use spatial magic!"

"Then what are we supposed to do?"

"Just what we can do! Search these forests completely. She has got to be using some sort of magic that allowed her to not be detected!"

"...yare-yare... Let's do what you say."

And so a carpet search of the whole forests was organised but no trace of either the said women or of the child she was protecting was found it was as if they just vanished from existence with no sign whatsoever left behind.

 

1