Bureau Protocol 1: How to deal with a forced summoning
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was listening to a song, trying to calm myself down. Today, I am going to the BOA (Bureau of Otherworldly Affairs) to finish my paperwork for my cancellation on the otherworldly introduction program. I have been there several times, well... at least I was at the front door. I tried to finish the paperwork several times, but I couldn't do it since I felt that I would only trouble the workers at BOA. 

'It is not like I would ever get summoned.'

Just when I was in my own world, someone shouted at someone. 

"Dude, are you alright! It seems that you are about to be summoned!"

I looked at my surroundings to check who was the guy who was going to be summoned, but then I realized that most of the surroundings were looking at me. 

'Wait, it is me who is about to be summoned! The summoning circle seems to be almost complete!' 

Without much time, I didn't know what to do. Do I continue with this and be summoned to another world? Or ask for BOA for help? Time was passing little by little and my brain was on overdrive. At the end, my body moved to press the SOS button and before help could arrive, I was transported to another world. 

I opened my eyes, and I was in a white room. There was someone in front of me, whoever I couldn't see him/her clearly. I forced myself to move on and deal with this.

"Excuse me, are you a god?"

"Yes, my child come forth! I have summoned you to this world to deal with a calamity that has fallen upon the world which I have created. You a hero! I will give you power, fame, women, anything that you desire. And after everything is over, you may decide if you want to return to your world, or become part of my world."

Before I could answer the question. There was someone in a suit who appeared by my side, pat me and said.

"Kid, you are Andrew Johnson right? I am from the Bureau of Otherworldly Affairs, and came to check on you."

"Who dares to interrupt me! Don't you know that you are in front of a Go-Gufuh!"

"I am a God! Is that the only thing you think of saying? You have no creativity! And f*** you! You think that you are sooo great, but please wake up! You the soo great God, who cannot maintain the balance of a single world, is asking help from a high school student. You think you're better than me! Huh, you are just making me work harder."

"Excuse me..."

The agent put something that covered his mouth, and the God was not able to speak anymore. 

"Koff, sorry kid. Force of habit, please wait a little bit. I need to finish educating this "God" a little bit, register him in the database, and I will send you home, okay?"

"Sir, please stop. I don't want to return home right now. I believe that this God asked me to save his world. If I don't help, who else will be able to help?" 

I saw the BOA's personnel trying to say something, before looking at my eyes. He exhaled, and replied.

"Kid, are you really going to do this? Don't force yourself, there are dozen of people waiting to be summoned."

"Wait, what?? There are dozen people waiting to be summoned?"

"Kid, you should know that there is an isekai craze right now."

"Right."

"People are disillusioned by everything that's happening around the world. From inept and corrupt politicians, global warming, the unavoidable collapse of the economy, pathetic or crazy superiors, police brutality, racism, sexism, classism, inadequate health system, countries that try to control the world..."

The BOA's agent, kept talking and was getting depressed little by little until I interrupted. 

"Uhm, sir?"

"Koff, sorry kid. Nevertheless, there are countless people who want to get out of this planet. Even before people were kidnapped to other worlds, there were some crazy people that wanted to migrate to Mars when there was no available technology to populate it at the time, and just hoped that in few years, someone invented the technology needed. I don't think bad of them, but this is not my cup of tea and it seem that neither do you. So don't worry about it, there are plenty of kids and adults that want to take your place."

I felt my shoulders lighten up a little, as indicating that the heavy responsibility was not my problem anymore. And after that, I felt a little guilty thinking that I was running away and that I was a terrible being for leaving them to some stranger. Before sinking in my dark thoughts, I felt a light pat on my shoulders and looked up to BOA's agent.

"Uhm, sir?"

"Kid, want to say stop thinking about this, but that doesn't work at all... Listen kid, you are only responsible of what are you capable of. If someone dumps you with something that you cannot do right now and you screw it up, the responsibility falls upon you and the person who tasked you with the task. The only think you can do is to say that you cannot do it, that you need help, or that you can do it and finish the job. Kid, you have already done your part. By trying to reject it by pressing the SOS button, you have completed your responsibility. You know that right now, you are not confident at all to save a world, and I appreciate it. Now it is the time for BOA to step in and negotiate with that bastard. So thanks kid, you have already made things easier. So let me take you home with your parents, and you can move on."

I felt liberated, some of my dark thoughts dissipated from my head. Maybe this thoughts would resurfaced again, but I should keep the words of this agent in my heart for those occasions.

'So I can return home immediately, huh.'      

"Thanks, may I ask your name, sir?"

"I go by the name of James, anything else is confidential information."

"Thank you mister James, see you later."

"Sir Wannabe God, please wait a little bit. After I send you the documents and contract you need to sign, please read them and then we will send you someone who actually wants to be summoned."

And with that, Andrew was transported back to Earth, James removed the device that silenced the God and disappeared from the white room, and the only one left was "God" who was furious and had a glint of malice.

"You just wait! I am going to take my revenge for sure, and you maggots aren't going to stop me! Kuhuhuhuhuh"

Unknown to the "God", there was a hidden camera recording everything, and James was somewhat happy and annoyed at the same time.

"Hahahaha, it seems that I will have to do overtime today! F*ck! But at least I will be able to beat the shit out of the bastard after all. Let's check who exactly is this bastard before we send someone there."    

 

1