chapter 2: welcome [2]
188 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Children of the Demon King's Castle

· Welcome [2] ·

×××

With a flick of her hand, the jars and children that lose their consciousness floated mid-air before they could fall, touch the ground, swaying lightly as if carried by the wind.

Honestly, Eirene contemplated a moment while reading, whether or not to put them to sleep, but since they must have been mentally tired around her, and might freaked out about every little things she do, she decided that it would be the best to let them rest.

If she could, she would prefer on asking their opinions, but with them obviously uncomfortable with her, it was currently faster to make the decision on her own.

'I better do this quick so I could also rest.'

—Thus Eirene made a slight gesture with her hand, and the breeze slowly brought the children and their jars in front of her.

First, Eirene walked closer to the twins. She looked at the empty blue round jar the boy picked, then snapped her right fingers as the jar duplicated into ten pieces right in front of her eyes.

Using multiplying magic actually consumed quite a bit of mana because it was magic that 'make something' out of 'nothing', especially when 'creating' the exact replica materials of the item that want to be cloned.

The higher quality of the item, the harder the magic would be. But for Eirene, it wasn't a problem at all, because as the Demon King, Eirene's MP was way more than normal human.

'But well, I really think that I will be quite tired today though ....'

Eirene can't help but sigh deeply in her heart as she continued to the next step. She moved her hand in a swift movement as the mana restriction collar started to crumple. Understood that it wasn't enough, Eirene repeated the gesture for the second time.

Now the mana restriction collar started to crack here and there, but it was still not able to destroy the item. After the third time she moved her fingers did it started to crumble to the floor, albeit in big chuncks, not full dissolve into dust like how she did with the handcuffs.

But as long as it broke, Eirene didn't care much. After all, these children wouldn't need all these items anymore.

Still though, Eirene can't help but expressed her appreciation to whoever it was that made the mana restriction collar. As expected, the magician that was ordered by all of those kingdom to make that item for these children is quite amazing in 'human standards'.

Nodding her head, Eirene then started to inspect the child's overflowing mana that started to fluctuate within his frail body now that the mana restriction item have been destroyed.

Her eyes immediately narrowed, quickly catching up his body state.

'Well, even for a Demon King, wouldn't this be quite annoying?'

It wasn't hard, but it will took some time and she would need to be careful, after all, mana is a part of this child's body. If she didn't handle it carefully, it may resulted in the child's death. Thankfully she was exceptional, and she had the time, thus Eirene slowly tried to pressure the mana inside his body that rage like a storm, calming it down, making his complexion better.

Afterwards, she gently let the wind extract the excessive mana of his body out little by little into one of the empty jars that she opened with a flick of her fingers from afar.

This process took time, since she need to let the body adapt with the mana that decreases as seconds ticked by, taking too much will make the mana fluctuates wildly and his body may be destroyed in just a few seconds.

Thus Eirene just let him be and lean her back to the wall, reading her previous book that she haven't finished reading, which again, appeared out of thin air, while occasionally kept an eye at the jars that were being filled and the boy.

The jars inside this room were special, all of it was the collection of the Second Demon King and laced with protection and strenghtening magic. Different from the Third Demon King that love eating human children, he loved to collect antiques and miscellaneous items. This room is his 'jar room', while there were also 'vase room', 'drinking ware room', and some other useless rooms.

The Third Demon King find it troublesome to clean them, because all of the items inside are laced by the Second Demon King's magic, he can't just teleport all of them and need to do it one by one. He could just let his army do so, however, there were also some 'complicated circumstances' ... thus he let it be, until his death. Eirene also didn't bother, thus she did the same.

Flipping the page of her book, she didn't stop reading until two hours later. She could felt how the ninth jar have almost full with mana and yet, Eirene could see from a glance that the boy still need about three jars to fully made his body stable.

In a quick move, Eirene snapped her fingers, duplicate another three jars and let the wind do its job while observing in the midst of her reading time.

When all of the excessive mana had been taken, all the thirteen jars had been filled and sealed tightly by Eirene's slight finger movement. Then she straighten her body as the book in front of her disappeared, walking closer towards the sleeping boy, inspecting his body.

'If three hours is the maximum time I need to save each one of them, it would be more than worth it.'

The first child's mana had been stabled, he could have a future now, even if he can't return to his own kingdom.

Eirene can't help but sigh in relief as she looked at the male twin's atmosphere that became tender. His complexion also changed drastically, it seemed like he was currently having a very peaceful dream.

Next, Eirene swifted her gaze to the twin's female, calmly observining her raging mana that was oppressed by the mana restriction collar.

Raising her hand, she duplicate the jar that she chosen into ten in a blink of an eye and exhale slightly, flipping her long hair to the back of her ear with her right hand.

'Okay, let's continue this.'

×××

It took around thirteen hours to stabilize all of the mana of these five children.

Even though she was the Demon King, it couldn't be helped that she became tired by this situation. After all, these children came in the dinner time, then she was awake for an extra thirteen hours to repair them. There wasn't any windows in this room, but she knew the sun had risen and morning had came.

Sighing softly, Eirene placed all of the mana jars to an empty cupboard on the corner without moving from her spot. With their striking difference of appearance and considering all human have their own unique mana, there would be no way Eirene would forget which one is whose.

After closing the cupboard with the help of wind, she snapped her right fingers and teleported everyone present in a quick motion. Eirene, with the sleeping children floating behind her, now find herself in a large yet empty room, with only a medium-sized old bed in the corner.

'As expected. This room would be enough on placing five medium-sized bed with only a little touch-up.'

This bedroom used to be the Third Demon King's son's room. However, after the death of his father, he fled from his responsibility, ran away with all of his things, leaving only his worn-out bed in this room. His location was currently unknown. Eirene didn't care though, after all, searching for him would just be troublesome.

'It wasn't like I know him either.'

Thinking so, she looked around the room, and Eirene could saw the piling dust inside as she started to frown. She snapped her right fingers again and in a few seconds, the breeze started to sweep the room, throwing away dust out of the window after opening it with a large windy force.

Five minutes passed and the room had became sparkly clean. Eirene, who had put barrier in front of her, didn't get affected by the wind. Thus quickly went into the next step.

She glanced at the window curtain and snapped her right fingers, duplicate it and wrapped the clone on the bed, using the black silk as the bed sheet. She pondered for a bit and did it once again, multiply the bed into five, positioning them in a three (left) and two (right) pattern facing each other.

Even though the beds were indeed old and worn-out, it were still comfortable, Eirene deduced that it probably could last for a few more months. In the midtime, all of them could just buy another bed. What would be so hard? It wasn't like Eirene didn't have money.

Thinking so, she moved the children that still floating behind her and gently laid them down on each bed, boys on the left while girls on the right. Then closed the window and curtain with a snap of her fingers.

At first, she thought this would be enough, however, Eirene clicked her tongue at the sight where they only lied down without anything above the sheets except their fancy set of clothes. She cloned a few more of the black curtain and let each of them use it as a blanket, even though it was thin and may not help much.

'Well, the Demon King's castle temperature is always warm, so there's nothing to worry about.'

Eirene yawned, satisfied after finishing everything and was about to leave, however, her steps halted as she suddenly thought of something troublesome.

What if these children woke up and became hungry?

She needed to rest now, plus she didn't know how long will these children slept, but they'll probably woke up in a few hours, considering it was already morning.

'Can't I just gave them all canned food or something similar that they can cook for themselves?'

Living as a shut-in Demon King, her meals wasn't steady. She ate whenever she want, whatever she want. She didn't have any servant nor she planned on hiring one, thus with her subpar cooking ability, it could be said that her regular meals weren't healthy for the kids and herself.

—And she didn't think they really could cook meals for themselves, considering their upbringing. Eirene didn't think she care about these children too much, however she can't bear seeing these small creatures getting hurt.

After thinking for a few seconds, she decided.

'... I'll just gave them cookies.'

Eirene was more of a snack person, thus the snacks inside the castle were preserved rather neatly. She could just clone an additional jar and multiply different type of cookies to put it inside for each of them.

Thinking so, Eirene curled her lips.

"... How troublesome."

Those soft mumbling was the only thing left in the room within the peaceful breathing of the children—as her figure vanished, went into the jar room to collect the jars, before going to the kitchen to gather cookies.

{ chapter end }

thank you for reading, hope you enjoy and have a nice day! btw, the ml is definitely not one of the children.

11