Chapter 1 – Awakening
109 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘What a strange sensation…’

 

You think to yourself as a somewhat nostalgic feeling arises from depths long forgotten.

 

‘Hmm? What is it? It’s almost like I’m alive again…’

 

The sensation becomes more apparent, it feels like a faint beating but it feels like a growing tide as your awareness increases.

 

‘It can’t be right? Have I finally lost my sanity in this empty abyss…?’

 

You become disorientated, it’s not too much of a surprise considering you’ve been locked in a cage of darkness for god knows how long ever since you’ve arrived here, but was that really you?

 

‘Who are you? What are you? Are these thoughts truly mine?”

 

Yes these are truly your thoughts or should I say our thoughts? Well at least we can say it’s whatever's left of our broken psyche anyway. I think you should wriggle yourself around a little, you’ll be oddly surprised by the outcome given the effort you’ll put in.

 

‘Wriggle around? Our thoughts? You’re saying that you’re me? How absurd...’

 

As you truly think this you muster what little will you have to move but what exactly is it you’re trying to move?

 

Maybe it was too difficult after all? Perhaps we can try to force some extra stimulus, you know like opening your ‘eyes’ to take in the beautiful scenery around us to get the heart pumping and the body rolling, but then again maybe it is better to stay cocooned in this wretched state, you won’t like what you see out there.

 

[You have awakened]

 

You open your eyes, the place is dim and there are rocks scattered all over the place. You realise this thing you call your ‘back’ is resting on the jagged walls - In all honesty it kinda hurts.

 

‘Where is this place?’ 

 

It’s a cave you dimwit, it’ll be our home sweet home. I feel like my worries will be endless however… will I really be alright?

 

‘A cave? Why would I be here? What for…”

 

Enough! Truly it is troublesome, regaining self sentience is a remarkable achievement considering we have been rejected by the laws of this plane. You’re like an amnesiac at this point but you’ll grow to get used to it and recover what little you can of our existence. But now I must return to my slumber... I can only share the preserved memories I have left in my existence.

 

[You have obtained otherworldly knowledge]

[Your body has completed reconstruction]

[Vital Organs functionality restored - Breathing and blood flow within normal parameters]

[Status: Disoriented → Normal]

[Please wait, we are assessing the abilities of the user for the first time]

 

And there you are, I must trouble you to struggle onwards for both our sakes. It’s been truly difficult to evade Almora’s grasp all this time. You naive kid, I won’t ask you to stay out of danger because that would truly be impossible… but don’t give up and gain the ability to one day exist free and unfettered in this world.

 

“Why...After all this time. Now that I have awakened, I only feel like returning to my deep slumber?.”

0