Chapter 3 – Preparation is key
77 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It’s about the time the normal cliche begins. If I become one to rule over monsters then I will be deemed on myself. Then will it be humans in this world who will be my enemy?”

 

I thought to myself as I stared at the somewhat strange unearthly scenery around me.

 

[Some creatures have acknowledge you as the new regulator of the domain and will obey orders - Loyalty (25)]

[Summarising Current Dungeon State]

[Dungeon is currently being invaded - Estimated Party Level 5 - Party is comprised of 4

Human (1) - Level 3 - Commoner

Human (2) - Level 2 - Commoner

Human (3) - Level 7 - Fighter

Human (4) - Level 5 - Thief

 

Overall Evaluation - Threat level 45%

The threat to the dungeon is of significant level. The creatures available to defend the dungeon are scattered and the host’s ability is still undetermined]

 

“Well this didn’t turn out very well. I’ve just been reborn so to say and I’ve already become contracted to the equivalent of a dungeon core. Things are progressing a bit too fast, I’ll be an enemy of humanity once I try to protect it. Also there are monsters available, some will still be an enemy until they recognise me but the others that do obey commands how many and how useful can they be. They’re most likely bottom of the barrel anyway if they can let a low level party get this far.”

 

“Summarise the creatures available to command”

 

[The creatures available to command

Goblin x 2 (Level 2-3)

Kobold(?) x 1 (Level 4) 

The rest of the creatures will resist your commands, to gain further creatures to your side prove your strength]

 

So it's like this. A situation where the creatures under my command are weaker and my actual ability is still unknown. It would be an exaggeration to say that this would be a dead end and it would be laughable if this was it after awakening. I began to think of a plan…

 

“Find out where the adventurer party is. Reach out to the goblins, command them to draw their attention. First bring the low level goblin to lure them on a passage towards a group of monsters that don’t fall under our command, after bringing them there we can wear down their stamina. If possible I would like the 2nd goblin to lure another group of monsters to cut off their escape route but that seems like I’m asking too much, it’ll be enough to find time to gear myself up”

 

[Command is being received by the goblins - Executing Interception action now]

 

“Scan the surrounding areas for any usable equipment and some clothes I can’t keep walking around naked forever.”

 

[Scanning of equipment has been processed. A summary of best options in the nearby vicinity that would be safe for user to acquire are below]

 

[Rusted Copper Sword + 1]

A rusted copper sword that has gone through better times, while this one is old and has dented the original owner must’ve held great attachment and had a blacksmith improve it, one edge of the blade is still quite usable for slashing even though it is a double edged sword. 

 

ATK +16

 

“Is this even good? I have nothing to compare it against. Guess it's better than the rest of the trash laying about.”

 

[Cypress stick]

A crude piece of wood used to bludgeon others. There's not much to say and I wouldn’t recommend you using this, it’ll just make you look like a gang member delinquent, but then again you’re practically an outcast ringleader of some monsters.

 

ATK + 5 (Blunt)

 

“Even the system knows how to joke at times like these when my life is on the line”

 

[Traveler Rags]

Looking at these rags. You could assume it belonged to some civilian in a bygone past era. If you were to wear these now you’d look like a beggar but I guess it would look better than being naked. Wait actually I’m not so sure about that..

 

DEF + 2

 

“Has this system somehow assimilated the bad humor of some strange uncle? I can truly envision you Mr System, you’re quite disappointing!”

 

I can’t talk for myself though. I’m quite an oddball.

 

“Anyway it’ll have to do for now until I can pillage and wrestle away some clothes from my new friendly donors.”

 

It’s time I gather the items. A few brisk steps here and a few brisk steps there, I go around equipping the rags and further pondering upon the sword. I look up, but I’m not staring at anything in particular.

 

“Where is the Kobold? Is it nearby? Ask it to rendezvous here when possible. In the meantime. Can you display the parties whereabouts and details?”

 

[...]

0