Chapter 13 – Synthesis and Evolution
57 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Welcome to Crimson Teaching Corner! Come on come all and let's learn about Synthesis and Evolution! For a limited time and with my insider know how I’ll forcefully build up your INT or money back guarantee! Ta-da-daa!”

 

[Synthesis and Evolution]

 

Now is the interesting part. All dungeon cores have their own ability unique to them. Most of them are skills that increase the battle prowess of the dungeon master or apply certain traits to the spawned creatures under our command. In your case it's different. This ability is great but it is still improving. 

 

Let’s look at [Synthesis] first:

 

By spending a bit of DP and some monsters you can create a new monster with expenditure of both previous ones. What happens to the previous monsters you say? They die, simple as that but parts of their ability will live on. It’s kinda like what you see in the game ‘Shin Megami Tensei’ in your world.

 

“How did you find out about that?”

 

“I know about a lot of things. A lot of embarrassing things even you don’t know about.”

 

“Please forgive me.”

 

I started thinking to myself. Embarrassing things that even I don’t know about? It could only be one thing… I try to maintain a serious face but I probably look like this right now. (ㅇㅅㅇ)

 

“Stop making that face please”

 

“I was born with this face.”

 

“I can see why you’re the enemy of humanity…”

 

I wince in pain. This girl! She should have a [Taunt] or [Sharp Tongue] skill.

 

I haven’t exactly seen myself in the mirror but my face shouldn’t be handsome or ugly as far as I can remember…

“Alright let's move on. It’s time for another daily summons!”

 

“Oh good, let's at least get one of the other unspawned monsters. That way maybe I can build up some more achievements or something.”

 

“As if that would happen, with your rotten luck I’ll be surprised that you can summon anything but a slime. But don’t worry because that’ll work to our advantage.”

 

“Surely, it's now that bad…”

 

[The dungeon core Crimson has invoked Monster Summoning]

[A new monster has been summoned… ]

[A Slime (Level 1) has entered under your command]

 

“It is that bad.”

 

It could be worse right? 7 is a lucky number in some beliefs right? Haha, hahahaha.

 

“Alright. Let's start our lesson on slimes!”

 

[Slimes]

 

Small round and liquid like creatures with low stats. They are weak and relatively harmless creatures who tend to not start battles with adventurers themselves. This is not because they are kind monsters but rather they’re just so weak with the level disparity. Some people raise slimes that will devour herbs and produce potions but that’s more of a hobby for some rich nobles or extravagant pharmaceutical companies.

 

There were rumors of a powerful slime demon lord that ruled an alternate world but these rumors were never confirmed.

 

“Rimuru is that you?”

 

“Hahaha, that's kinda funny because that slime’s name was rumored to be Rimuru…”

 

“...”

 

“Anyway! Seeing is better than believing so lets do a fusion!”

 

[Do you want to proceed with fusion? The sacrificed monsters will not return ]

 

“Sure. What kinda monster will return, I wonder?”

 

I’m literally wringing my hands in anticipation. It can’t be bad right. If 1 + 1 doesn’t equal 3, it should at least equal 2 right?

 

[Beginning fusion]

 

“The common scenario in the wild is two slimes with good affinity merging together to become a duoslime, although they are not specifically rare they are useful in some aspects so I think we should be pretty grateful.”

 

Crimson was smiling, I was also smiling. I guess my misfortune was really a blessing in disguise.

 

Streams of thunder arc as the bodies of the slimes turn into a spiral stream of liquid merging on a tiny center. The enemy accumulates within and then...

 

[An error has occurred in the fusion ]

 

“How can an error even occur in a fusion?!”

 

“Arrrrr damn your bad luck ! You can’t do anything right!”

 

Shit what’s gonna happen now. I mean if we lose both slimes we lost 2 days worth of summons but it's not that bad.

 

[A new slime(?) has appeared]

 

“Ohhhhhh”

 

We both yell in amazement. Hahaha aren’t I great after all, I know being a reborn protagonist would fail me no matter how low my luck is.

 

[Classifying. Please wait…]

 

[Slightly Obese Slime has been identified]

 

“Yes…? Uhhhh is this the fat type that does damage like a king slime or something?”

 

“No this is a disaster...Do you want to read the stats or should I lay it plain to you?”

 

“I.. I’ll read the stats.”

 

[Slightly Obese Slime]

[Race: Slime]

[Level: 2]

[Stats]

[Health: 12/12] [Mana:4/4]

[Strength: 7] [Endurance:7] [Agility: 1]

[Intellect: 1] [Resistance: 8] [Luck: 5]

 

[State: Obese ( Don’t move + Don’t act )]

[Skills: Sticky Pus (?) ]

[Attributes: None ]

 

[Summary]

 

What a terrible concoction you have made. Two have become one but this is not what you would call 1 + 1 = 2. You can’t even call this 1 + 1 = 1  at this point. At least other slimes can move about, but this thing is just a big round lump of liquid. If you strike at it lightly sticky pus will pour out on you and maybe slightly damage your skin but that's about it.

 

Also its intelligence and agility have dropped to the lowest levels. It’s actually increased in levels but the overall stat drop is far worse than its previous state, what a disaster.

 

“I’m sorry slime, let me put you out of your misery.”

 

The slime wobbles in fear but it can’t even move away. Man even I feel sorry for it.

 

“What are you doing!? You can’t kill it! We...we can use it for testing or something!”

 

“What are we gonna test on it? Torture?”

 

“If we must, killing it won’t net you any exp! It’s one of your subordinates!”

 

“Who would want to have an incompetent surbordinate like that?!”

 

I turn to look at the slime with disdain while Crimson looks at the slime with pity.

 

[Slightly Obese Slime’s loyalty has dropped 5 points]

 

Hahahaha. Good, let the hate flow through you. Then we can be enemies and you can be my exp. After all you are a juicy level 2.

 

“Wait wait, let’s put this on the backburner for a moment. Let me explain the second set of your and my abilities before you think.”

 

[Evolution]

 

The natural course of events when monsters meet certain conditions. They can evolve to a higher state of being or down the path of variant bloodlines. There are many uncharted territories and new paths to travel everyday. Monsters will naturally evolve themselves without external influence but in your case you aid or diverge their path yourself. This does not require DP but rather it requires mana. 

 

Right now you and I are great mana regulators. In comparison to other dungeon masters and the human race, you are a freak with mana levels that rival a dungeon core. The true function of a dungeon core is to absorb mana, purify and regulate it for monsters to habitat and aid in their evolution.

 

Since your circumstances are unique in a sense your abilities allow monsters to traverse a direct path with just a handful of mana from me and you.

 

“Great. Now we can use my mana for something since I can’t seem to understand spell use yet.”

 

“Also I can evolve this guy back to a normal slime state. Think of it as doing the world some justice.”

 

“...” 

 

I signal with my hand to the slime to come over.

 

“Oh wait you can’t move. Haha.”

 

Alright let's see what this bad boy [Evolution] can do.

 

[Target: Slightly Obese Slime]

[Compiling Evolution Paths]

 

{Slightly Obese Slime >>> ???] [Required 50 Mana]

 

“This is a trap right?”

 

“It’s absolutely a trap.”

 

“I still have to take the shot right?”

 

“Fortune favors the bold. I have no use for cowards.”

 

[Do you wish to evolve Slightly Obese Slime?]

 

“Make me it so number one”

 

[Acknowledged]

 

The Kobold that was idling about stood up witnessing the birth of a momentous occasion.

 

[Obsolete Vengeful Beacon Slime has appeared]

 

“Obsolete....”

 

“...Vengeful?”

 

“Bacon?”

 

Huh? When did this Kobold learn to speak?

 

[An uncommon class monster has appeared]

 

[Displaying Information]

 

[Obsolete Vengeful Beacon Slime]

 

[Name: Scotty]

[Race: Slime]

[Level: 4]

[Stats]

[Health:50/50] [Mana:43/43]

[Strength: 1] [Endurance:25] [Agility: 1]

[Intellect: 5] [Resistance: 27] [Luck: 1]

 

[State: Normal]

[Skills: Sticky fluid (?) | Tit for tat (?) | Material decomposition (?)]

[Attributes: Vengeful Beacon Pulse ( ENC ) | Mana Sustenance (MANA > EXP)]

 

A slime born from the amalgamation of two slimes who lived short destinies. Showered with hate by its creator from the time of its birth and enduring the torture of the mana ‘blessing’ it is tied down to the very earth is born on. It has lost all of its ability to exist as an entity free from hate. As a slime it has a higher mana infusion rate and has devoured a fair amount of the mana provided which has led to it being forcefully leveled up as well. 

 

The Beacon component of the slime is that it will absorb the mana of the surroundings and funnel it outwards to the outside world. In other words it will practically show the existence of our cave and place a marker directly to our dungeon core. It will also greatly increase the encounter rate with not only adventurers but nearby monsters in the territory’s vicinity.

 

As a stroke of fate, there is a curse that binds master and subordinate that forces the master to feel pain whenever the slime is abused by both allies and outsiders.

 

“What in the world have I done…?”

 

Utter silence unfolds as all that can be seen within each other's eyes is a deep sense of pity and regret.

 

-------------------

 

Author’s Notes: 

Captain’s Log Supplemental,

 

It is still the 4th Month of the 718th year of the Telphoran Calendar. A great injustice has happened to me when I was called ugly towards my face. I felt as if a great disturbance in the force as if millions decided to cry out in terror and were suddenly silenced… Oh wait, that's Star Wars not Star Trek. Woops anyway the Vengeful Obsolete Beacon Slime is named Scotty, so beam me up Scotty. And fetch me a few adventurers...ehem chapters while you’re at it.

P.S I might push out another chapter on the boards for you this afternoon in 6-7 hours ~ I'll see how I go ~Toodleloo~

1