Chapter 15 – I will lead and you shall follow
44 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ I will invoke <<Dominion’s Eye>>. Please keep tabs on the actions of the monster party at all times. Please outline any strange behaviances as well.”

 

[The skill <<Dominion’s Eye>> has been invoked. Host will now visualise the actions and location of the enemy party]

 

“Screee. Jeh , jehabarooo!”

 

“Screee, Jehabarooo, Jehabarooo!”

 

I couldn’t understand gobli, but two of normal goblins were conversing or if anything agreeing to a certain plan. Maybe I could ask my goblin what they were saying but the only one who can talk is Kobold who hasn’t tried besides that one time.

 

“Se, seeeee gawwwwblliiin.. Kiiii...kiilllllll, chaaaseee!”

 

It seems like the goblin scout has recognised my low level goblin that was sent to stand guard at the passageway to the forked path.

 

“Issue my command for them to retreat, Lure them out towards room 3. Get him to catch up with the kobold and goblin and lead the initial chasers into pothole traps.”

 

[You commands have been issued. The Goblin will begin to retreat as suggested]

 

“It’s not a retreat. It’s a lure, I only hide my head until I can deal with my enemies.”

 

I look back and look adamantly at Crimson. This girl, maybe she can be of some use to me…

 

“Crimson, the group of goblins will chase. I cannot guarantee the amount but in addition to my trap I want you to aid me.”

 

“Aid you? What can I do? I’m a dungeon core if you’ve forgotten. I can thwack you on the head but that’s just you. Don’t expect too much.”

 

I’m neither angry or amused, I allow myself to be bullied sometimes and can also play the fool but when I’m serious I’m serious.

 

“Crimson. I am being serious. I want you to exert some of the stored mana you have in your core to simulate a rockfall phenomenon. “

 

“You want to simulate a landslide? I can’t block off the dungeon path. It is against the rules of the dungeon domain.”

 

“I’m not asking for you to break the rules. I’m asking you to bend them. You don’t have to block the path, just a few stones that rain from above can inflict damage to their numbers and the amount of traps we have left will be triggered at a slower pace so we will get more effectiveness while keeping the enemy on their toes.”

 

A moment of silence between us two. This girl just has to agree, I have to prod her along.

 

“Can you do it?”

 

“I will try.”

 

“There is no try, only do or do not.”

 

“...”

 

Another moment’s silence, I turn to leave.

 

“I have to leave to catch up in room 3. If I leave too late and something unexpected happens we can lose some of them.”

 

I start walking slowly but gather speed as I gain confidence in the battle situation.

 

“I will trigger the slide, I can’t confirm the extent of the damage, I don’t see why we need to go through so much trouble for some goblins. Anyway be careful out there.”

 

“I will, you must forgive me for being so troublesome but I can feel it. Something is bound to happen and every play that we put into place counts.”

 

 

“Trigger S.O.I.”

 

I mutter as I make my through the narrow passage towards the next intersecting room

 

[The ability <<Sphere of influence>> has been triggered within dungeon domain]

 

“Analyse the Goblin Archer”

 

[An analysis of the Goblin Archer is completed below]

 

[Goblin Archer]

 

[Race: Goblin]

[Level: 4]

[Stats]

[Health: 45/45] [Mana:7/7]

[Strength: 12] [Endurance: 12] [Agility: 21]

[Intellect: 10] [Resistance: 8] [Luck: 14]

 

[State: Normal]

[Skills: Bow Proficiency 1 ]

[Attributes: None]

 

[Summary]

 

Goblin Archers are a common bunch of goblins, similar in kind to the goblin warriors but they excel at striking enemies with ranged weapons. Since they are small in stature, their attack range is smaller than usual but underestimating them could still be fatal to a rookie adventurer especially if these goblins are part of a group.

 

“Not bad for a goblin but not as strong as I expected.”

 

I had a quick look at the goblin warrior from before and it’s stats are similar to the previous one that used to hide in my dungeon.

 

“I should still stay wary. The two of them still haven’t moved. Both of them are clearly in command of this scouting party. The goblin from before than wandered in overnight must not have obtained any information so they are sending this force to see if they can inch any ground.”

 

I watched using my <<Dominion’s Eye>> skill as the first party of goblins were chasing into the tunnels leading through to room three. 2 Scout at the forefront and 5 normal goblins in tow behind.

 

“It should be right about now.”

 

*Rumble**Rumble**Rumble*

 

A series of noises occur. I’m far away but I can feel a faint shock, I watch as the pile of rocks come crashing down on the tunnel. Some goblins are struck and crushed underneath, while the others are scrapped and make it out narrowly.

“She overperformed this time. But I shouldn’t let it get to her head. I’ll praise her but I should mention to her that she really overdid it.”

 

I watch as the stream of notifications role through my head.

 

[A rockslide has occurred in the dungeon]

[You have dealt aoe damage to a group of enemies]

[Goblin 1 - 17 dmg dealt - 11/29 HP remaining]

[Goblin 2 -21 dmg dealt - 10/31 HP remaining]

[Goblin 3 - 25 dmg dealt - Goblin 3 has been slain ]

[Goblin 4 - 23 dmg dealt - Goblin 4 has been slain]

[Goblin 5 - 24 dmg dealt - Goblin 5 has been slain]

 

“Oh what a welcome response. Good let’s dwindle the numbers some more. I wonder if I get exp in this instance?”

 

[You have slain a Goblin (Level 2) - You have gained 6 EXP]

[You have slain …]

[You hav..]

 

“Slimes give 1 EXP so level 2 goblins should give this much. It’s amazing though, I got the full amount.”

 

I had to show some joy in this instance, this is some pretty good news to me after all.

 

“Also now that I think about it, the system is treating anything that Crimson does as me having done it, so it is effectively treating us as one entity.”

 

Quite fascinating if I could say. This is something I might wanna explore in the future when I have some more ‘free’ time.

 

[You have gained some DP. Your DP has increased to...]

[You have gained some….]

[You ha…]

[An achievement has been unlocked - Rewards will be given proceeding battle]

 

“Great I earned 10DP a pop for these level 2 Goblins so now I’m sitting on 170DP and earned myself 17EXP. So I should be: 302/500 EXP to next level.”

 

I viewed in my mind the state of the Goblin scouts, one of them got hit while the first one leading the charge went through unscathed.

 

[Goblin Scout 1 - 15 dmg dealt - 18/33 HP]

[Goblin Scout 2 - 0 dmg dealt - 37/37HP]

 

“It’s a party of 4 that will arrive as the first wave into room 3 - They should be able to be routed pretty quickly.”

 

[The system has recognised movements in the enemy party]

 

“So it seems like the events have caught the attention of the archer and warrior.”

 

I watched silently as the goblin archer and warrior began making its way to room 3 as well.

 

“I shall lead and you shall follow.”

 

I smirked. A play of events unfolded in my mind.

 

“To your demise that is.”

 


Author’s Note:

 

There is no try, only do or do not - Yoda

 

Let me just introduce you to some fodder characters friends, our main character here is gonna need all the juicy EXP he can get. (I mean he has to level up sometime right?)

0