Chapter 17 – Don’t worry, we promote job opportunities
37 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No casualties on our end,  a few traps have been triggered but they’re merely potholes. With time the illusion magic will allow them to be reusable again.

 

“It really was a complete wipe on their end.”

 

A complete wipe. A total victory on our side. There were times that I was exploited but they just add onto my real life experiences. I’m not perfect. I’m far from perfect, I’m insanely flawed, but I can be tempered through these battles, these experiences to become something closer to what I want to be.

 

“I should clean up the rewards and distribute the goods”

 

I kicked the goblin warrior’s corpse and grabbed the flint blade from its hands. It’s far from large, if anything it looks like a longer knife for a human, but it's definitely a primitive weapon, suitable for a goblin.

 

“Here you go, you’ve earned your keep. I’ve given the knife I earned from Liana to one of you previously, so one of you gets to take the flint blade.”

 

I passed it over gently to one of the goblins in front of me.

 

[Goblin Flint Blade]

 

Small blade carved from flint, the quality for the flint is not too bad and it has a strange level of sharpness.

 

ATK + 9

 

“As far as goblin craftsmanship goes this should be on the good end I suppose.”

 

I grabbed the cores one by one as I decided to pillage their corpses of variable goods.

 

“I wonder what these cores are good for? I know adventurers exchange them for some currency in the guilds and they are used as powering stones for magical tools and such but what use do they have for me?”

 

As I thought that, I sensed my new level 4 goblin had a faint connection to the cores, you could see the longing desire in its eyes.

“So it’s like that huh? Spin me a tale oh great bard of a system you are.”

 

[Monsters with certain traits can use core of different monsters to assist them in natural evolution process as opposed to the unnatural and forced approach bestowed upon by your ability]

 

“I see I have killed quite a number of goblins. Can you help me list the stock I have available?”

 

[A list of the current monster core stock is presented below]

 

[I Grade - Goblin Core] x 14

[H Grade - Goblin Core] x 2

[I Grade - Kobold Core] x 3

 

[After the battle the increase in I Grade cores has increased by 8]

[After the battle the increase in H Grade cores has increased by 1]

 

“So how many cores do I have to expend on my goblin for me to see a change?”

 

[The expected amount to assist in a growth class is 5 I Grade Goblin Cores]

 

I looked at the goblin and started sizing him up. I gave him Liana’s thief dagger before so would he be a thief class then?

 

“Sure why not, let’s roll the dice and see what you can show me.”

 

[You have expended 5 I Grade goblin cores]

[The results of the evolution growth is pending]

 

I can see as the physical structure of this little goblin was changing. If I had to say it, It felt like I was playing pokemon and the system was pulling out its generic ‘X pokemon is evolving!’

 

“Please don’t disappoint me…”

 

“Gobu?”

 

A slightly taller and a lankier shape, It’s arms were longer and so were its legs. One could see that there was a difference from a normal goblin in size but the difference was not too extreme. If a normal goblin was only 80-90 cm in length then this goblin was over 1m and had a greater arm span.

“A goblin rogue, not bad for your first attempt.”

 

“Is that a compliment Crimson?”

 

I glued my eyes on the Goblin Rogue as I viewed its status.

[Goblin Rogue]

 

[Race: Goblin]

{Level 4]

[Stats]

[Health: 55/55] [Mana:7/7]

[Strength: 20] [Endurance: 12] [Agility: 21]

[Intellect: 10] [Resistance: 9] [Luck: 17]

 

[State: Normal]

[Skills: Knife Proficiency 1 ]

[Attributes: None]

 

[Summary]

 

A goblin rogue is a job type that goblins can branch out into. These types of goblins are to prioritize speed and have some melee capables but are not strong enough to match goblin warriors. They are much swifter and are akin to the goblin thief type class but unfortunately these goblin’s don’t have the ability to pilfer live enemies.

 

“Still this is pretty good. My combat force has increased and my combat force will continue to increase in the future with this window of opportunity. I’ve also earned alot more rewards that I have to filter through.”

 

I thought back to the amount of cores I had and looked at Crimson, she obviously had something to say but wasn’t used to my change in attitude with and without her in battle.

 

“Crimson what other things can I do with these cores?”

 

“Have you forgotten? I’ve told you before, I can summon some subordinates with some cores.”

 

“Oh did you mention that before? I didn’t ask because I thought I didn’t have enough cores at the time.”

 

I fumbled with the number of cores I had in my inventory.

 

“Technically you are correct. I can use ‘some’ monsters cores but the greater the amount the greater the efficiency.”

 

I felt like this was valuable information but I didn’t really know how valuable it was.

 

“You currently have 9 I grade goblin cores right? I could summon a common goblin with 5. With 7 I could summon a slightly stronger goblin, it might be level 3 which would be suitable to allow us some more strategic factors if only slightly.”

 

This is pretty interesting now that we’re exploring the in depth properties.

 

“What is your limit? What is the limit to our summoning strength at the moment?”

 

I wanted to know. I felt like Crimson could actually make a difference for me in the next upcoming battles.

 

“With both our strengths. The limit is 10 Cores. But at most 9 I Grade and 1 H-Grade. I can’t use 2 H grade cores at the same time it is beyond me.”

 

I started pondering with my mad scientist insight.

 

“Can we mix and match cores of different species?”

 

“We can but the results are unpredictable, do you remember what happened with your nasty luck in the case of Mr Slime?”

 

Ah yes, the curious case of Scotty, the vengeful slime that brings enemies to my doorstep like boy scouts.

 

“We’ll stop it with that train of thought for now. But when can you start? “

 

“I can do it right now you know. It’s a forceful summon so it's gonna use some MP, well it's not like I don’t have spare MP anyway, since there's a lacking amount of monsters and domain to replenish supply to so we should be good to go.”

 

“Alright then let’s begin, 9 I Grade - Goblin cores and 1 H Grade - Goblin Core.”

[Monster Summoning skill has been invoked]

 

“How is it, can you birth out another one like you usually do daily?”

 

“Would you please be quiet here! I’m trying to concentrate! And yes we’ll have another party member on top of that in a few hours.”

 

[A Goblin Archer has been summoned]

 

“Ohh! That’s pretty good luck since we have a bow to go with him!”

 

[The goblin archer has a penalty - it spawned with one eye]

 

“Damn son. My luck is just straight up horrid.”

 

I looked at my new goblin archer.

 

[Goblin Archer]

 

[Race: Goblin]

[Level: 4]

[Stats]

[Health: 43/43] [Mana:8/8]

[Strength: 12] [Endurance: 12] [Agility: 19]

[Intellect: 7] [Resistance: 8] [Luck: 7]

 

[State: Normal]

[Skills: Bow Proficiency 1 ]

[Attributes: One-Eyed ( HIT )]

 

I then looked at the bow.

 

[Shoddy Goblin-craft bow]

 

A hand crafted bow from a slightly bent stick. The material for the string? Better to not ask.

 

ATK + 5

 

“A perfect fit. Truly.”

 


Author's Note:

I don't wanna spoil it but weird flawed characters will have lots of chance for growth in the future.


Another post if you will.

Hi guys, when I usually post chapters I will pump out another chapter to keep a few ready for just in case situations. But I've just been getting hammered with my new job responsibilities and I'm just super tired at this point. I might just pump out an extra couple on weekends to cover for the disparities. Thanks again for reading this. 

0