Chapter 23 – Warrior of Light?
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Shit! That useless lot, they can’t even hold him off in a three on one!”

 

The bandit leader could be heard cursing. The battle on this side was clearly in their favor but they had broken ground yet. If they were to break through and defeat the adventurer party that would be all fine but if for some reason this unknown kid were to wreak havoc from behind…

 

“Emil, you’re the second strongest out of our lot. Take another one with you and fight him off four on one! Don’t let me down.”

 

“I won’t let you down, I swear it on my life.”

 

“Good. It’s best you go off now!”

 

And just like that Emil and another bandit left to intercept this ‘wanderer’.

 

 

“Oh? I finally caught up to them but now it’s a four on one. That’s not really fair is it?”

 

The bandit that arrived laughed it off. A look of disdain filled his face.

 

“Fair? You wanna talk fair with bandits? Are you off your rocker?”

 

I thought about and he did have a valid point. The situation had changed ever so slightly, but I wasn’t worried.

 

[Enemies]

 

Velma - Bandit Level 3 - 31/43 HP

Galrick - Bandit Level 2 - 19/32 HP

Emil - Bandit Level 5 - 67/73 HP

?? - Bandit Level 2 - 14/27 HP

 

I could see Emil was pretty decent and probably had higher growth potential than the bandit leader even, he was as young as the warrior Lieruz. I had to be careful of him. I looked at the unnamed bandit and had one thought, this guy looks like easy pickings, what would this sickly guy even bother being here for?

 

“Let’s begin to fight! I wanna see how you handle all of us!”

 

Emil, rushed forth with his handaxe. He’s actually quite fast and I wasn’t able to block his blow in time.

 

[You have been hit for 14 damage. You are now 87/122HP]

 

“Ohhh! Not bad. I felt that. It really did hurt a bit.”

 

The others were somewhat shook by this. They knew Emil's strength and ability was higher than that of the other bandits.

 

[You have dealt 9 damage. Emil 58/73 HP]

 

“You want a slugfest with me?! What are you guys doing! Attack him together!”

 

All 3 of the remaining came at me together. I couldn’t fend off all the dagger strikes anyway.

 

[You have been hit for a combined total of 17 damage. You are now 70/122 HP]

 

Should I be worried? I wasn’t worried at all but.

 

I hacked and I slashed and I struck in a frenzy.

 

[You have dealt 5 damage to Emil]

[You have dealt 14 damage to Galrick]

[You have dealt 13 damage to ??]

 

For christ sake, just call him a normal bandit, also what is this guy doing here with 1 HP remaining? Even a stone toss can kill him. Wait a stone toss? I bounce back a few metres.

 

“He’s trying to escape! After him!”

 

“Don’t let that bastard get away.”

 

Get away? The ones I’m not letting get away are you bunch of worms.

 

“Stone bullet”

 

A marble sized pebble accelerated at a visible pace and lodged itself inside the head of the unnamed bandit.

 

[A bandit has been slain. You have gained 8 experience points]

 

8? This guy is absolutely useless, he’s practically a level 2 goblin at this point. Well was a level 2 goblin I meant. Now he’s just dead.

 

[You are now 492/500 EXP to next level]

 

I’m close. I’m so close. I just have to kill one more and I’ll be done, I reach the goal that I set out for today.

 

My eyes glistened in a very dangerous manner. The bloodlust was practically oozing out of me.

 

“He’s a mage! Oh my god we ran into a mage out in these parts. What are the chances? Fuck!”

 

“He’s not just a mage. He’s a qualified swordsman. He, oh my god, he’s a magic swordsman.”

 

“What in the world is happening? Just throw yourselves at him. If we run he’ll just pick us off from range.”

 

“How dare you toy with us! I’ll take you down with me!”

 

I dodge the handaxe. I’m not gonna take a strike like that and have my HP reduced that much again. While avoiding it, I get a good strike into Velma.

 

[You have dealt 11 damage to Velma]

 

[Enemies]

Velma - Bandit Level 3 - 20/43 HP

Galrick - Bandit Level 2 - 5/32 HP

Emil - Bandit Level 5 - 53/73 HP

 

I aim to shoot my stone bullet at galrick again.

 

“Stone bullet”

 

Unfortunately, he narrowly avoids it. It can’t be helped. It’s not a homing missile after all and is better when used for catching others off guard.

 

“Stone bullet”

 

“Fuck how much mana does he have? It can only be another couple of rounds at most right?”

 

I laughed. Yeah another couple of ‘dozen’ rounds alright.

 

[Emil has taken 9 damage]

 

“Ooh? Out of everyone here, you’re the real hero.”

 

I mocked him. I was aiming the stone at Velma this time. This bandit, in a time like this he’s showing somewhat of a chivalrous side.

 

“Time to return to a melee!”

 

I rush in but am intercepted by Emil once again. Our blows clash but the second they clash they rebound and then we both strike again, getting clean hits on each other.

 

[You have dealt 11 damage to Emil]

[You have been dealt 14 damage]

 

Galrick was useless at this point but Velma wasn’t.

 

[You have been dealt 7 damage]

 

49/122 HP. That is not a very safe number. I still have some herbs in my pockets that can recover some HP but I don’t want to use them just yet.

 

Velma strikes again. I get hit but make sure to make her pay the price.

 

[You have been dealt 7 damage]

[You have dealt 12 damage to Velma]

 

It’s done. It’s just two obsoletes and Emil and I left.

 

[Enemies]

Velma - Bandit Level 3 - 8/43 HP

Galrick - Bandit Level 2 - 5/32 HP

Emil - Bandit Level 5 - 33/73 HP

 

“Stone bullet”

 

I shot out another stone bullet at Velma, she dodged it, Emil who was standing behind at the time had no reason to block it, so he dodged it too, however.

 

[You have slain Galrick. You have gained 10 experience]

 

I positioned myself in a way where everyone was in a straight line. So even if my luck was atrocious then one of them would get hit at least.

 

[You have leveled up. You are now level 2 ]

 

A blinding white light started to glow and envelop me. The light was very eye-catching and all those present stopped what they were doing at that moment to observe what was going on.

 

“A warrior of light?”

 

“It can’t be…”

 

“They are only those of legends!”

 

[Your stats have increased]

[+ 22 HP / + 15 MP / +4 STR/ + 3 END/ +2 AGI / + 4 INT/ + 3 RES/ + 1 LCK]

 

Nice. Nice! Finally I’m seeing some growth. This is a pretty big increase as well I feel in comparison to the others of this world.

 

[Your HP/MP have been restored]

 

Now that is just unbelievable. Heroes are absolutely cheat characters after all.

 

“Hehehe. Well cat’s out of the bag! I would’ve probably let you go but now you guys gotta go bye bye.”

 

I looked at my stats as displayed by the system.

 

[Name: ???]

[Title: Otherworld Transmigrator | Reborn Calamity] 

[Race: Pseudo-Human]

[Physical Age: 19]  [Level: 2 - EXP: 2 /2000]

[Disposition: Power-Hungry Gambler ]

[Class: Regulator - Dungeon Core Protector]

[Stats]

[Health: 144/144] [Mana: 192/192]

[Strength: 20] [Endurance: 18] [Agility: 23]

[Intellect: 29] [Resistance: 28] [Luck: 8]

 

[State: Debuff: Chained by Almora]

[Unique Skills]

Sphere of Influence | Dominion’s Eye| Telepathy| Assimilation| Synthesis and Evolution

 

[Skills]

Stone bullet 1| Sword Proficiency 2| Concealment 1 | Deceit 1 | Command 3| Primary Crafting 1| Haste 1 (New!)

 

[Attributes: Core Protector (VIT↑) ]

 

The stats are not bad but the HP and MP range is abnormal. Every time I level, my stats will increase a ridiculous amount in comparison to the normal inhabitants of this world. On top of that I’ve gained a new skill - Haste

 

[Haste]

 

Expend 5 Mana to increase the speed of the party, AGI will increase in relation to portion of the INT Stat. Current increase rate is equal to a 2 + 15% increase in AGI.

 

“Haste”

 

[Your AGI has increased by 5 Points. You are now 28 AGI (23)]

[Effects are temporary]

 

“Stone bullet”

 

[You have slain Velma. You have gained 23 experience points]

 

“Not bad I feel like there was a bit more oomph that time.”

 

“You!!!! You killed her! How dare you!”

 

“Stone bullet”

 

[You have dealt 11 damage to Emil. Emil - 22/73HP]

 

“Definitely a bit more oomph.”

 

I caught him off guard with the stone and now I ran forward to strike at him again. I missed and got hit instead but I started to realise.

 

[You have been dealt 10 dmg. 134/144 HP]

“It doesn’t hurt as much as before.”

 

I slashed at him twice. I was able to pull it off with my newfound speed.

 

[You have dealt 11 damage]

[You have dealt 10 damage]

 

“Cya later Emil”

 

I didn’t even mutter <<Stone Bullet>>, I was just saying it previously because it was a trigger word that I had associated in my mind.

 

[You have slain Emil. You have obtained 85 experience points]

[Your stone bullet proficiency has risen]

 

I’m gonna need it seeing as how I’m gonna need a whooping 2000 EXP this time.

 

[You are now 110/2000 EXP to next level]

 

“He, he really is a warrior of light!?”

 

“No no it can’t be! He’s just stronger than others by a bit.”

 

“A bit? Did you not see him? He just wiped out 5 people by himself. He doesn’t even seem to be hurt! We’ve got no chance against such a monster.”

 

The enemy morale was dropping fast, even the Bandit leader didn’t know what to do. 

 

‘Why is he so strong?! It was initially an effective battle between eleven versus four but this guy isn’t human!’

 

Haha, he was right about that. I’m not human, even I’ve come to terms with it.

 

‘Our numbers are dwindling and the numbers advantage as well as skill disparity has shifted greatly to their side. After all we’re just a mob of bandits with no real profession in the first place. I should retreat.’

 

“You’re thinking of retreat are you?”

 

I spat out those words coldly. Lieruz reacted as well, wishing to deal the enemy a blow for the damage he had been inflicted so far. The healer was doing well keeping him alive but pain is still pain that is not forgotten.

“Lieruz, what do you think of this situation?”

 

“What do I think? If I may be so bold, then I think that hatred harboured should be repaid tenfold. Don’t you agree, young master?”

 

Hehehe. I’ve become a young master now, well maybe if i keep going at it i might earn a few more titles.

 

“I think it's them that said if we wanted to leave we should drop all our valuables, I would say the same but I don’t think you have anything that I want.”

 

The situation took a further dip. The ice cold atmosphere as the setting of dusk brought about the cold chill of night.

 

“A massacre, what do you think Lieruz?”

0