Mortal Fights and Otherworldly Blights
81 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oh my! Quite eager, are you?

It's been 8 years since I last held a shinai in my hands. Ever since I lost too much muscle mass to hold one properly, let alone stand on my own two feet.

But whatever magic or miracle brought me here reset my body to 15 years old, including my 6 years of Kendo training with Sensei Ishimura.

And this scrawny man will make a fine training post.

Back. Back. Sidestep. 'Whack!'

Duck. Forward swing. 'Whack!' Right to the stomach.

He's clenching his bruised stomach. He then tries to swing his billy club one-handed.

'Whack!' I hit his arm, forcing him to drop it.

He tries to lunge at me.

OLE! Oooh... missed me by that much. Then I trip him.

He fall on the dusty stone road. He tries to get up. A kick to his side disabuses his of that notion. He rolls to his side, trying to get away form me. I block him. Then I stomp him on his stomach.

There he blows!

Oh that's just gross. I regret doing that. But still... a knockout's a knockout.

And 2 of his friends wants to try their luck. Bad move.

Pop a bottle from my Pockets. Then throw it to one on the left. Then dodge the other one who's wielding a rusty kitchen knife.

Hey! You nicked my coat! Good thing I swapped clothes during the fight. Fucking assholes will ruin my new clothes.

Then knife guy lunges at me once again. A 'Whack!' on his head stopped him cold. Now he's clutching his bleeding head. Sorry for that.

Oof! Got blindsided by the other guy. Fucking shit wants to play dirty? I'll play fucking dirty.

I manifest a piece of broken bottle from my Pockets and stabbed it to the guy's stomach.

Oh good... that's a lot of blood.

... Why didn't I feel guilty? Even just a bit.

Then I took the knife the other guy dropped.

And stabbed him in the neck with it.

I know I did those things consciously. I did it willingly.

But why? Why did I do it? Why stab the man in the neck? Why not just tie him up?

Because it is necessary.

The hell?

And then something weird happens in front of my eyes.

The man I stabbed in the gut... began transforming.

I can hear bones breaking, sinews snapping, muscles tearing.

I can see his skin bubbling, as if something want to get out.

I can see his skin stretch unnaturally.

I saw the birth of a monster.

Kill him.

Why?

Or more will die. Innocent lives will die.

One tainted life for hundreds of innocents. Choose.

You'll owe me one for this, Strange Voice in My Head.

If you survive, your questions shall be answered.

Do this and you will be granted a boon.

Deal.

Alright, beastie.... Sorry about this, but you'll have to die.

This thing resembles a werewolf, if a werewolf can look so hideous. Six feet tall. Thin but powerfully-built muscles. Standing on toes tipped with long, sharps claws. His huge hand-like paws also sport the same claws. His face contorted into a hungering grin. A massive canine jaw filled with large, wicked and sharp teeth. And slitted eyes burning with malevolent hatred.

And they're staring at me.

Goddammit! Now I'm getting scared myself. Fuck!

And my gear's not good enough to fight this beast.

Well... emergency problems require emergency solutions.

My only saving grace is I haven't spent any Essence today.

Max upgrade my Walking Stick for good measure.

Walking Stick (Common)+10

An walking stick made of oak. Can also be used as a self-defense weapon. The best of all ordinary walking streets that exists.

+20% Damage

+20% Durability

+15% Intimidation Factor

+15% Chance to deal very low Shock Damage and Paralyze Opponents for 3 seconds

Hidden Spike: A cleverly hidden steel spike on both ends of the stick. Thought-activated. Can be extended and hidden at will.

Oh boy... that is SO GOOD!

For upgrading a (Common) item to threshold, you get an additional 1 Essence Points Maximum.

You now have 7/15 Essence Points.

Nice... But I need more leverage.

Then I spot the chains this beast was holding earlier.

And the brute charges.

Roll to the right. cover his approach with glass shards. Then lunge for the chains.

Hmmm... this thing's not too shabby. You would think that chains like this are rusty, but no. This thing is well kept.

Well... his loss, my gain.

Essence Shard: Black Rat Highly Compatible with Chains(Common)

Merge?

What the fuck....

Are you fucking....

Oh god, please be something good!

Essence Shard: Black Rat Merged with Chains(Common)

Merging....

Merging Success

Whiptail(Fine) is created.

For creating a (Fine) item, you get an additional 1 Essence Points Maximum.

You now have 8/16 Essence Points.

Oh Lordy.... I can't believe it.

My first 'Fine' quality item.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHH!" Lunge, swipe, lunge, double swipe.

Can this fucking beast stop with these attacks!? I'm marveling at something really wonderful here!

Whiptail(Fine)

A whip infused with the essence of a Whiptail Rat. Lightweight, yet strong enough whip down ferocious beast to death.

+20% Damage

+20% Durability

+15% Lighter Weight

+15% Chance to deal very low Poison Damage to on hit

Whiplash : Swing the weapon to create a shockwave that cut anything on its path. Damage is same as base item. Has 3 charges. Used charges are replenished at midnight.

Lasso: Swing the weapon to the target. Will wrap around the target. Can hold target up to 3 seconds. Has a 30-second cooldown.

WOW!!! Fuck yeah! This things fucking awesome!!!

Pump my remaining... need 2 Essence to raise a 'Fine' item up a level.

Fine... let's spend my remaining points....

Whiptail(Fine)+4

A whip infused with the essence of a Whiptail Rat. Lightweight, yet strong enough whip down ferocious beast to death.

+20% Damage

+25% Durability

+15% Lighter Weight

+15% Chance to deal very low Poison Damage to on hit

Whiplash : Swing the weapon to create a shockwave that cuts anything on its path. Damage is same as base item. Has 3 charges. Used charges are replenished at midnight.

Lasso: Swing the weapon to the target. Will wrap around the target. Can hold target up to 3 seconds. Has a 29-second cooldown.

Okay... not much improvement but still...

Argh. Fucking skinless werewolf lunging at me again and again.

You know what? Fine... let's see how you fare with my new weapon.

Lunge, swipe, lunge, double swipe from the beast.

'Crack!' What are you looking at, you filthy beast?

Duck that lunge. Dodge that swipe. Sidestep that kick. Oh... the thing's learning.

'Bang!' And the beast is hit. One of Dustin's men is shooting at it. They must have the others under control. Good shot,  man.

'Bang!' 'Crack!' The guy missed, but it gave a chance to hit the beast.

"I'll lasso it, you shoot!"

"Okay!"

Duck. Backstep. Dodge to the left. Sidestep to the right. Fuck! This thing's not tiring out!

'Crack!' "Lasso!"

'Bang!' 'Bang!' 'Bang!' 'Bang!' 'Bang!'

'BANG!' That shot was different.

Oh good... another of Dustin's guys is free to help me. He's holding a bolt-action rifle. Nice shot! Right to the heart!

And the beast is down.

It's still breathing shallowly.

But not for long.

Then I stabbed it in the temple. Sorry bud, but I can't let you live.

I just feel it in my gut that the Strange Voice is right. You're a danger to everyone.

"What in the bloody hells is that?" The guy with the pistol asked.

"I don't know." I answered.

"Nice work, kid."Dustin said.

"It's your guys who shot the thing down."

"But it's you who faced it alone until my men can get to you. And you're the one who finished it." Dustin replied. Then he looked at it. "A  Bloody Wulvern transformation. This is serious." He spat.

"You know what the hell is happening here.?"

"An abomination. Someone trading his humanity for power, not knowing the price they paid for it. Those who took this power will slowly lose themselves until they become nothing more than slavering beasts, serving a master they never chose."

"I don't know how these thugs got someone like him in their ranks. I'll have tell the boss of this development."

"These guys are Hardin's men." Bruce spoke out in a gravelly voice. He's a bit bruised and battered, but nothing life-threatening.

"You sure Bruce?" I asked.

"Yeah. See those tattoos? That means this men are members of the Rooks, Hardin's gang."

"And that mark? It seems different." I pointed to the other man I killed.

"I don't know."

"I know." Dustin interjects. "A mark of servitude. Those marks are what gives them the power to transform into slavering beast. Good thing you killed him before he can transform."

"Don't know what I'm doing earlier, but I felt it was right."

"It IS right. Letting these beasts out for too long will cause widespread devastation."

"Hey, Boss Henry?" Mike asked.

"It' just Henry, Mike."

"You're Boss Henry 'coz Boss Caleb made you leader. And with that beast, you earned it."

"Thanks, Mike. You and Bruce okay?"

"I'm good." "Yes, boss."

"Dustin, your guys good?"

"One of my men got clipped by a bullet, but other than that we're all good. By now the warehouse has sent people to look for us."

"And the bobbies are coming too." Mike interjected.

"Dustin, have your guys check for any live ones. Bind them and treat their wounds if possible. I'll check the corpses."

"Good thinking, kid. Blake, check on Hollister's wound. Mac, Smith... check the area."

"You too Bruce, Mike."

==================================================

I'm standing on the corpse of the person that transformed earlier.

Harvest or Loot?

That's... new.

With black rats I only got 'Harvest'. But now I got the 'Loot' option.

Methinks my powers is a bit squeamish with handling human bodies. I am a bit squeamish too.

Okay, prompt say I can harvest the body later if I want to.

FOR THE LOOTZ!!!

What did I get?

Oh nice....

Essence Fragment: Blood Wulven

An essence fragment taken from a human who transformed into a Blood Wulven. Merge with items to grant special bonuses. Merge with other Essence Fragments to make larger and more effective Essence Shards.

Holy Shit. That thing even has an Essence Fragment. And the next one....

Class Card: Thug Lvl 3

A card that contains the Essence of a particular Class. Grants 'Thug' class, Level 3. Combine 2 cards of the same Class and Level to make a higher-leveled Class Card of the same Class.

+2 Strength

+1 Constitution

Skill: Brawling Lvl1 - A rough and tumble way of fighting. Grants +5% Damage Bonus on all Melee Attacks

Skill: Knee to the Gut Lvl1 - A dirty tactic to take your opponent down. Hits for 90% Damage. Base chance (30+Strength)% chance to disable enemy for 2 seconds. Chance is raised or lowered depending on Power Gap between User and Target.

Skill: Throw Lvl1 - The ubiquitous Throwing skill. Grants +10% Damage Bonus for Throws.

HOLY HECK BATMAN!!!

This... this is fucking awesome!

Ability Unlocked: Deck of Cards

Allows the User to Equip and Use special Cards.

Unlocked Class Deck: Allows the User to Equip Class Cards. There are currently 2 available slots.

WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! FUCK YEAH, BABY!!!

WHO'S THE SHIT NOW! I AM!

That is so fucking nice!

User Sheet is now available for viewing.

Nani the fuck?

User Sheet?

'PING!'

USER SHEET

NAME Henry Thompson
AGE 15 (25) Years Old
TITLE Truthseeker/the Lost One
BLOODLINE Human???
HIT POINTS (HP) 200/200
HP REGEN 1 HP Per 3 Minutes
ESSENCE POINTS (EP) 0/16
STRENGTH 20
CONSTITUTION 20
SPEED 20
DEXTERITY 20
INTELLIGENCE 20
WILLPOWER 20
CHARISMA 20
PERCEPTION 20
SPIRIT 20
LUCK 10

我的媽和她的瘋狂的外甥都!!!

Why now I have found out I've got this? The fuck?

==================================================

I'm fucking OP, man.

My stats... my stats are double the normal human average. Average is 10 for all attributes.

And luck? Average is ZERO!

How the fucking heck do I have this... never mind. Don't fucking look a gift horse in the mouth.

I didn't just gained my old, 15-year-0ld body back. I got a new body based on my 15-year-old one. This or my attributes got boosted when whoever it is restored my body.

Only thing's missing is an Leveling mechanic and I'm a LitRPG protagonist.

No wait... I already am one. Many LitRPGs don't have a Leveling mechanic. And mine is cooler than most that has.

This means my power has limited scope, but that's fine. I like the challenge.

But for now... LOOTING TIME!!!

2