Chapter 1
67 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My story starts off with me just lying on a table having a “normal” life. I’m in high school, it is my last year and I don’t have many days left in this place. I’ve got good grades, so I thought I’m going to carry on an expedition to a forest where people have “disappeared”. So I spent the last few hours of the school day planning the trip to the Glassedge forest. The reason for the name is that the flowers turned to a glass like substance, but they aren’t actually glass. It was now time for me to prepare for the expedition.

I ran home and looked at the calendar. The date was 61st of dusk-fall 478. I found my mum sat in the dining area. I waked in and said to my mum “I’m going on an expedition. I don’t know how long I’m going to be”. “Be careful Lucas look out for wolves, bandits and other stuff”, mum said in a concerned tone. “Yea, yea. I will. I’ve got my dagger”. I walked up the birch wood stairs and walked down the hall to my room.

My house wasn’t to big but it was big enough for me and mother. I walked to my room, grabbed my satchel and started to put supplies in, like food, water and a relic I found on my previous expedition to the Glassedge forest. I thought that I would need the relic. For some reason, it was like a nagging voice in the back of my head. So I put it in a different part of the satchel. I walked down the stairs and thought that I might be forgetting something, but the thought was quickly diminished.

There was a knock at the door. My mum got to the door and it was my friend, Adelaide. Adelaide is a girl my age. She is very pretty, but we are friends and she is like a sister to me. We have grown up together and to me, i don’t really want anyone in my life. I saw her walk in. She saw me walking down the stairs. She waited at the bottom of the stairs for me.

I smiled and said “Hey! What brings you here, adelaide?”. To which she responds with “I came to see you, Lucas and I heard that you are heading into Glassedge and wondered whether I could come with you”. “Yeah. I’m going to Glassedge and I don't know if you would be able to handle yourself”. After I said that, she took her jacket off and revealed a dagger in her belt. “Fine. You can come along, but you follow where I go.

No questions asked. Got it?”. She replied “Yeah, that sounds like fun”. We went out on the expedition. It took about 1 and a half hours to get to the edge of the forest.

2