Chapter 1.1 – Science and Magic Academy
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Finally, I  am standing right here  at the gates  of the Academy.'

With  a smirk carved on my face I  walked inside the  campus of The Science and Magic Academy...

 


 

"I  need to bring out my  map. This  place is  too  huge." 

I slowly reached out  to my bag and  hastily grab  the  map.  It  is  said  that  the Academy is equivalent  to a half city.  That's what a three century  school is, I guess...

While  baffled  at  the ridiculous  map someone approached me.

"Um, excuse  me. Are you the new transfer student, Kizuki Sero?"

It was  a teacher,  I'm guessing he'll be escorting me. I nodded and  he  introduced himself  as a magic  instructor.

"I'm the magic instructor for the  1st  and  3rd  years, Brattle Million. It's nice to meet you, Kizuki Sero."

We exchanged pleasantries and  moved on to the  Grand Hall. 

 

It seems like  the  name does not disappoint when they refer to it as the Grand Hall.  It stretches up to  60 feet tall  with a giant clock at the  top.  I just can't  fathom  how many ludicrous sights  would  I see today.

We walked inside the Great Hall.

 

My eyes  wandered  and it felt as if I'm in a different world. 'What are  those things on that wall?'

Students with distinguishable uniforms;  perhaps  to differentiate the  year levels.

In fact, one is running  hastily.

"Aaahaahaha! I'm the greatest!" 

The  teacher  showed me the way to the faculty and  reprimanded the student who was running around the halls.

.

.

'Faculty Room Main Hall'

It seems there are more than one faculty  in  this place.  I reached and grabbed the doorknob and ever so slightly  twisted to open it.

I looked.

There  were only a few teachers  who were present and another student.

'Is she also transferring?' 

"Excuse  me, I am the new transfer student.  A teacher guided me here." Averting their gaze I glanced at statue of a  weird  symbol  towards the  ceiling.

"Oh,  a 1st year  transfer student.  Come with me."

He guided me and the other student towards the second floor.

I glanced a few times at the student, but it seems she's ignoring me.

.

.

"I'll call you out, wait here." The teacher  remarked. He entered  a classroom and the noise suddenly vanished.

.

"Hey, are you  also a transfer student?"

.

.

.

'She's ignoring me...'

"H---"

"Both of you  can come in now."

She immediately opened the door and walked inside.

'Damn  it, what's her problem?'

 

As soon as I followed there  were only  20 or so students in the classroom.

'Gah... he's here  the one causing the ruckus earlier.'

"Today, there will be two students  that will join this class. You may seat on the two vacant seats."

"Sensei1I  watch  anime so It can't be helped :/!  They haven't introduced themselves yet."

"Oh,  introduce yourselves."

"I'm Kizuki Sero, nice to meet you. I hope we get along."

"Yoona Shigure... nice to meet you."

'So she can talk...'

The two vacant seats were on  the back side and next  to each other.

'Ahhh...  damn  it. On the far back and with this girl nonetheless.'

Yoona Shigure sat near the window and I  faintly saw that; she moved her desk an inch away from me.

'...'

.

.

.

The class was over and Yoona Shigure immediately  exited  the room. 

There were  a few female students hoping to talk to her  though. 

"Hey, I'm Kunrio Nagatuno, the  other  transfer student Yoona Shigure seems a bit anti-social don't you think so?"

A  student-- perhaps  a classmate walked  and talked to me.

"Yeah,  I tried talking to her earlier she completely ignored me. I'm Kizuki Sero, Sero's fine."

"You can call me Kuro. By  the way what squad are you in?"

We exited  the room  and when I realized everybody was already  gone.

"What  squad?"

I  asked. 'Hmm... no one told me about it.'

"Oh, they must  have forgot to tell you, the students  here in the Science and Magic Academy  are formed into squads. Squads consist of six members. Well the maximum can be eight but that's not important.  If you don't have a squad, then you can't advance next week  and you will  be expelled."

"What, then  how can I join a squad?"

"Did  you see  the Leaderboards  on the Great Hall?"

I tried to remember  and I recall  seeing  a large wall that has a different color and feeling from the other walls.

"Yeah,  I think so. What  about it?"

"Well,  basically all of the  student's name are projected on it. And there is a white line that rules  out  the students  below it. To  put  it simply there are rankings here  in  the Academy and if your  name or your squad ever crossed  the  white line you'll be expelled. Some call it the 'Weak  Line'."

I tried to understand what  Kuro meant. 

"Is my name already projected to the Leaderboarads  then?"

"Not  yet, I think. It refreshes  at  8:00  pm. and 4:00 am"

"By  the way, where are we going?"

'I  just realized it.'

"To the next  class, of course."

Kuro  told me that the class earlier and the next one consist of different  students. I just tried to adapt and followed him.

 

.

.

.

After the  last class, I  was  called in to the  Faculty  to orientate me  and they told me to find a squad  that Kuro already explained.

.

.

.

"Aaahhh... so there is a squad that has only 4 members. And apparently Yoona Shigure and I are supposed to join, at least one of us." 

I grumbled  and  went  to see this squad.

.

.

.

"Are you Kizuki Sero?"

"Yes, I am here. To join your squad."  I glanced and there  were  two female  and two mal---

"Ahh,  you're  a part of this squad, Kuro?"

I looked at him and it seems he already knew this was gonna  happen.

"Oh you do  know him, Kuro.  I'm Cenea Marie, you can call me, Marie or Cea."

"Kizuki Sero, Sero's fine." 

It  seems  she's the acting  leader of this squad. I looked at the other two.

"I'm Fio, nice to meet you." 

"The  Greatest, Xeno Torren!"

'He  looks familiar.'

"Are you the one earlier yelling at the Great Hall?"

"Indeed, I am! So you're already a fan, I see. Haha!"

'Whaaa...t'

"Kizuki Sero,  you are now a part of our squad. And  I'm sorry."

'....?'

"Wh-what do you  mean?"

"Well,  you see..---"

"Aaahhh!!!  Someone help us!"

A voice  calling  for help.

"Hey, we should...  they're already gone?"

I quickly glanced to the  voice and they  were  already there.

'What the heck?'

 

I rushed  and  ran. My eyes  couldn't  believe what I saw.

"Their coordination... is nonexistent!"

Xeno rushed forward towards the  masked robe man. 'Xeno's overpowering him but...'

"Hey! Don't butt in,  Marie!"  Both of  them are attacking  at each other... 'Is this what she meant?'

The  masked man used  a fire magic spell against  the girl  who  screamed earlier. Kuro  defended using the force  of his fist.  'Is he an augmenter?'

Fio used  an ice magic and instead  of locking  the masked  robe, Marie got stuck.

Xeno swiftly  charged.

The masked robe movements...

"He has a weapon, Xeno!" I dashed but before I could  got any closer...

Yoona  Shigure, stopped the masked  robe. 

"Yoona Shigure!"

She  easily countered the masked robe.  And backed  into a corner  the  masked  man  used a flight skill to escape.  In  a moment, I let my guard down.  The masked man used a chain explosive spell covering  the  area  where all of us was.

Yoona Shigure, swayed  her  hand  to the air as if cancelling the chain spell but there  was  another  spell  and  she couldn't cancel it in time. I rushed  towards  Marie and Xeno who were close  to the explosive spell. 

I  managed to get  them out but they Xeno suffered  some bruises and his back  was  bleeding; she  protected  Marie.

"Kuro,  call  anyone on the faculty and tell them what happened. Fio,  help Xeno, Marie, and the other students to the infirmary. I'll try to chase  the masked  man."

Yoona  Shigure  followed  and I  looked  where  the  masked  man was. He  broke  through the gate  and  it seems  he  couldn't freely  use  his power earlier  and  he used and acceleration spell to get away  but Yoona Shigure stopped and  also used  an acceleration spell.

'Damn it...  they are both so far away.  Should I stop following them?'

I can't use spells... I  glanced  at the entrance gate and saw a motorcycle.

"Hey where  are you going!  It's dangerous!"

"I'm sorry, I need to borrow this. I need to catch up to them."

'Motorcycle is just the same as a bicycle, right?'

The key was already in  it and the engine is on.  I tried  twisting the throttle and I flew off...

.

.

.

"Aaaaaargghhh!  This is awesome! Haha!" 

'Wait,  I'm trying to catch up to the masked man and Yoona Shigure'

I looked at the front and  in the sky.  They're heading to the river. I twist the throttle once  again and  I am slowly catching up.

 

They both  stopped to what seems  a port and  they  were inside a  building. 

"So-someone stop me...!"  I crashed  into the building.

 

"Y-yo... how's it going?"

The motorcycle's  headlights were broken. 'At least not the whole  motorcycle...'

"Yoona  Shigure,  the vice-leader  of the specialized unit,  'Tentra',  you truly are---"

She immediately lunged  forward to capture  the  masked  man. However,  he was already preparing for another chain spell.

'Damn  it, what  should I do? I don't have any weapon with me?'

In a flash,  she  evaded  the  chain spell  and  suffered bruises but her fist connected.  Blowing away the  masked man. 

"Hey,  you  suffered injuries  are you alright?"  I  walked to her and grabbed her arm.  She  got  cuts  and blood  was dripping  on  her skin. 

'Now that I see  her up close...  she  really is a girl'

"Hahaha...! Why aren't you  using your famous sword,  Yoona  Shigure  or  the  phantom  sword killer  of the  Tentra, hah?"

'Phantom sword killer...'

She shrugged off her arm  and  lunged  forward. 

"Hey...  you're  woun---"

"...!"

"I  told you, you are wounded. So stop moving, geez."

The masked  man threw  an iron chain with an accelerated  spell.  I  used my right hand  to grab  it;  piercing the  skin of my hand in the process. I  tried to pull it,  but when I pulled the masked man already escaped.

"Why did you stop me?"

"Haah!  You were  about  to be killed. And that's what you tell me?"

I looked at her straight in the eye.  I was furious. Her empty stare; as if she didn't  mind being pierced  by the  iron  chain.

"Haaaah... Whatever, don't move.  I'll call the Academy and report what  happened."

I  averted  my gaze and  reached out my phone.

"T-th-thank  you."

Her  faint voice  reached me and I stopped  for a second and  called  the  Academy.

'So you can talk... Geez...'

.

.

.

Now  that  I think about what happened earlier. Her voice thanking  me was quite cute...

'Aaaaahhh!  Don't  be deceived!'

.

.

The  luggage arrived and the carriers  helped  me moved  it inside my  dorm.

"I'll just  start putting my stuff, tomorrow. I need to eat, bath, and get a good sleep. Yoooshaa!!!"

.

.

.

 

While  Kizuki Sero was  adapting to his new dorm.  Yoona Shigure  in her room;  thinking of the  earlier events.

"Kizuki Sero..." 

.

.

.

 

 

Hello,  readers.  I  just want to let you know  that I don't have any goal  in mind for this story. I  will update chapters if I feel  like it. ~___~ I  know... I'm lazy.  Anyways,  the  prologue is over and I think this is  the kind of length each chapter would be.  See  you soon. ^___^

 

0