Chapter 17: Mild Surprise
101 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Mmm…” The boy woke up on the shoulder of the Demon who was still running at full speed, “What happened?!” He suddenly exclaimed as he realised where he was.

“Grrrr…” The Demon issued a low howl in response, the boy was of course unable to understand this, but he recognised that the person carrying him was one of the people that they’d hired as a bodyguard.

“Ugh… My head.” He suddenly felt a numb aching from his skull; the last thing he remained was pain from something hitting him in the back of the head before he passed out and then found himself waking up here.

“Wait! Preston!” He suddenly yelled as he remembered something, “Stop! Where’s Preston?” He asked frantically, “Why are we running away? I demand you to stop!” He yelled but they fell on deaf ears, the boy wasn’t the one who’s orders it was told to follow after all.

“You stupid mercenary what the hell is wrong with you?!” He shouted as he tried to struggle free, unfortunately he was nowhere near strong enough to break free. “Grrrr!” The Demon snarled in warning to the boy, it was already restraining itself enough by being around these humans if not for the orders Caspian had given beforehand it would’ve already enjoyed a delicious meal and be done with it.

“Where do you think you’re going?” A voice suddenly filled the silence, it was calm and casual as if the person who it belonged to was talking to a friend. But the voice was like thunder to the boys ears as his entire body began to tremble, “Y-yo..you!”

The Demon had suddenly come to a stop before a blood-covered man who was leaning against a tree nonchalantly; the blood covering his body gave him an aura of viciousness that contrasted the kind smile plastered on his face.

“Young Master, it’s time to come home.” He said slowly, his yellow eyes glowed in the darkness as they stared straight towards the boy. The boy couldn’t see him from how the Demon was holding him, but he obviously had recognised the voice.

“Run. Get us away from him, now!” He screamed, terror had flooded his face as he tried to urge the Demon to try and escape, but it was no use. It couldn’t move even if it wanted to, there was an invisible pressure bearing down on it from the man in front of them.

“You know, you’re quite the interesting species.” The man said suddenly as he turned his attention to the Demon with interest, “If you’re anything like your two companions back there then I probably should take you alive… But you see, I like killing more than I like discovering new things.” He said teasingly as he began to walk closer to the two.

The man continued until he was just a hairs breadth from the Demon and slowly reached forward to pull the robes hood that was skilfully hiding its face away. “Ah sometimes my own genius frightens me.” He unabashedly praised himself as he examined the deformed face in front of him.

The boy had also stopped trying to escape as he stared at the back of the Demons head with a stunned expression, he hadn’t expected that the man that they had hired weren’t even men to begin with.

Monster. Beast. Fiend.

Several different words came to mind as he stared at it but there was none louder than one, ‘Saviour’, there was only one way that he was going to come out of this alive and that was if this ‘fiend’ or whatever it is was, was capable of taking on the man before them.

“Now then, it’s time we end this farce.” The man said gleefully as he pried the young boy from the Demons grip, this simple motion crushed the idealistic fantasy the boy had begun to imagine where they could escape.

It was obvious now that such a thing was little more than impossible, “Klein Lewis Peyrin, did you ever think such a day would come where you would land in my hands?” The young boy just glared back as he was held like a kitten, “Ulrein you bastard! You traitorous murdering scum! How could you?!” Klein cried as tears began to fill his eyes, spiteful words that one wouldn’t have expected to hear from a young child spewed from his mouth as he cursed the man ceaselessly.

Ulrein simply smiled back at him as if he hadn’t heard a word, he was relishing in the moment as if it’d been something he’d been waiting to do for a long time, the eerie smile on his face not disappearing once the entire time.

[Confirmed Deaths of 3 High-Tier Demons]

“Oh?” The Systems sudden notification interrupted his attempts at learning the shield spell, he wasn’t particularly surprised at the fact that they had died – it was a possibility he had been aware of from the start.

What did surprise him however was that with their raw power alone he knew that the three of them combined had the power to contend with a Knight Lord and even escape with their lives.

“What a shame…” He muttered; the loss of payment was the only thing on his mind before his attention quickly returned to studying the spell at hand, trying his best to do so before the time for him to leave for Telimus arrived.

 

I hope you enjoyed! This chapter took far, far longer than anything I've ever written so far to finish - my computer crashed several times with the word document for UAC open and subsequently several times I lost work due to corruption which is why the chapter for today is so much shorter than usual.

Hopefully I can find some fix for this but it might just be a case of having to replace my current setup entirely, my laptop is already struggling to survive as is haha, well anyway those are problems for me to worry about sorry about the rant ;P

See you all tomorrow! If you're enjoying check out 'That's a Dragon?!' my other novel, both have a release rate of 1 chapter per day, might be worth taking a look ;)

6