A New World 2
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shiva followed the voice and looked behind. 

"Officer Ray you are right on time, very punctual." said Zara to the figure standing behind Shiva.

Officer Ray was accompanied by two more soldiers. He took a seat and signalled his soldiers. The soldiers stepped back and were waiting at the door.

"We, officers are trained to maintain punctuality and discipline." said Officer Ray.

Shiva was examining the figure as he was talking. (*/* - used as inner thought) *He has a good physique. His shoulders are broad. Hands are muscular. A body trained for the only aim of fighting.-thought Shiva*. He was wearing a turban. A badge was pinned in it. A silver shield with three small swords in the middle. He has a big moustache. He was wearing a blue dress. Upper portion consist a full sleeve shirt with forearms guard and shoulder guard. A sheathed sword in his waist. The hilt of the sword has a design of sun in the top. Shiva noticed Zara mentioned his name. He turned toward Zara. 

"Officer Ray, this is Shiva, and Shiva this is Officer Ray, Senior officer of Village Guard.",said Zara.

Shiva turned his face toward Officer Ray, "Nice to meet you, Officer Ray."

"I'm fine, Thanks. How are you feeling now, Shiva?" ,said Officer Ray.

Shiva said with a smile, "I am feeling much better now, thanks to nurse Zara. She took care of me really well."

Zara felt shy a little and replied, "I am just doing my duty, as a nurse it is my responsibility to take care of my patients."

"Shiva did you remember what happened to you? How did you come here?" questioned Officer Ray.

Shiva repeated everything, from his usual daily life that turned into a chaos because of the black mist that engulfed his world, the mysterious ruins, and those terrifying creatures because of which he lost his sister and ended up coming here, Shiva told Officer Ray everything he could remember but skipped the dream incident. 

Officer Ray was listening to Shiva attentively. He frowned after hearing everything and muttered something.

"Well, the Village Chief will decide what to do. Its better we get going. Shiva, please follow me.", said Officer Ray.

Officer Ray stood up; both Shiva and Zara followed Officer Ray and left their chair. Officer Ray again gave signal with his hand and the soldiers started moving toward the exit. Both soldiers were wearing turban and a badge was pinned it as well. But the only difference was that it was a bronze shield with two spears in middle. And they were carrying spears instead of swords. *I guess there are also ranking in soldiers. They used shield and swords and spears to rank the status of an officer. I have to ask Officer Ray about it when I get the chance – thought Shiva*. 

As Shiva along with Officer Ray and other two soldiers came out. Officer Ray whistled and a carriage driven by an animal came in front of them. Shiva was startled as soon as he saw the animal; to be precise it is more like a mutant creature than an animal. It looks like a horse but it has four eyes instead of two and the tail looks like a tail of snake. 

Officer Ray noticed Shiva's expression and said, "Get in; I know what you are thinking. We will talk on the way. I will answer your queries."

Shiva calmed himself and get in the carriage as Officer Ray opened the door for him. The two soldiers sat beside the coachman. 

"From your description, the place you came from is totally different from ours. And you have a lot of questions in your mind.", said Officer Ray.

Shiva sighed, "Yes officer, you are absolutely correct. This entire foreign element is new to me. I don't know where to begin."

"Take it slow.", said Officer Ray placing his hand on Shiva's shoulder.

"Are there any other survivor except me?" asked Shiva.

Officer Ray turned his face from left to right, "No, we only found you near the Teleportation Zone. You were unconscious, your heart beat was very slowly beating, we didn't thought that you would survive. It is a miracle that lived. We contacted other Villages, our neighbour Village stated that they found an individual near Teleportation Zone but he was already dead."

"That means there is hope to find my sister. Maybe she teleported somewhere in this world.",said Shiva. 

Officer nodded, "Yes, it is possible. It won't be easy as access to other Village is very limited, let alone cities. The relation between villages isn't sweet, there are constant conflicts. So they don't allow outsiders in their village."

"Isn't there any way? There must be something...?", said Shiva.

Officer Ray stayed silent for few moments and spoke, "There is one way. But it is not easy. And it'll take time and a lot of hardship."

"What is the way? Tell me, I will overcome any hardships and obstacles." exclaimed Shiva.

Officer Ray continued, "I admire your determination Shiva. If you want to find your sister, you have to search every village and cities. But for that you need permission or free access to enter."

Shiva questioned, "And how's that possible?" 

Officer Ray answered, "You have to become a Silver Beast rank adventurer. Only then you will have the permission to enter other Villages."

"Silver Rank Beast Adventurer? What is that?", Shiva asked. 

"The Beast Adventurer is a job dedicated to exterminate powerful wild beast. Outside the boundary of the Village, a lot of powerful beasts lurking and sometimes they enter the Village and start massacre people. That's when Beast Adventurers come in action. The low rank Village guards are not strong enough to fend them.",replied Officer Ray. 

Shiva remained silent after hearing Officer Ray's statement. *If I want to find my sister, I have to become a Silver Rank Beast Adventurer by any means ASAP. – thought Shiva.*

"And this ranking system does it exist everywhere in this world?" asked Shiva.

Officer Ray started explaining to Shiva,"Yes, the ranking system exist everywhere in this world. Whether, you are a farmer, or a forger, or a doctor, or an officer, or a scholar. The rank determines your capabilities and abilities as a person and the field you are in. The ranking of each field is represented with different badges." For example - 

Medical field is represented with FLOWERS.

Army is represented with WEAPONS.

Forgers are represented with TOOLS.

Scholars are represented with BOOKS.

Adventurers are represented with BEASTS.

Officer Ray continued, "The higher your rank, more privileges you receive. That's why everyone is trying their best to excel in their field.

"How can I become a Beast Adventurer?" asked Shiva.

Office Ray answered to Shiva, "To become a Beast Adventurer one has to possess Green CHAKRA energy. I guess you don't know what is 'CHAKRA'." 

Officer Ray opened his palm and a reddish glow appeared around his hand.

Shiva suddenly felt a pressure in the carriage as if the amount of oxygen was decreasing, a warmness was emitting from Officers Ray's harnd. 

Officer Ray closed his palm and the atmosphere in the carriage became normal again. 

"This energy is called CHAKRA, there are seventy two thousand 'Nadis' in a human body and the connection junction of these 'Nadis' are called CHAKRA point. These points emit Chakra Energy. One can use Chakra as an external source of power. Every living being possess Chakra energy. It is divided in three colours – Red, Green and Blue. To start the path of 'Cultivation' (The practice of Chakra is called Cultivation and those who do it called Cultivators) Green Chakra is mandatory."

Shiva asked, "That means you are a Red Chakra Cultivator. Why is Green Chakra mandatory to become a Beast Adventurer?

Officer Ray, "Yes, you are right. The reddish glow on my hand indicates the quality of my Chakra energy. Red is low, Green is medium and Blue is ranked high. Red Chakra is not powerful enough to start cultivation. Think of Chakra Points as storage box. Red Chakra can be considering as a small box and Green is medium size box and Blue is a large box. The bigger the box, the more Chakra you can store in your body and can fight for a long time, also able to use different skill. Because the low rank wild beasts roam around packs, it is hard for Red Chakra cultivator to deal with them. And with their limited Chakra they can't use a powerful skill, that's why Green Chakra is mandatory to become a Beast Adventurer." 

Shiva queried, "Can I also awake my Chakra Energy?"

Officer Ray replied, "You can awake your Chakra energy from the help of awakening crystal. Once we reached Village Chief's house, you can ask him directly for it. Why don't you enjoy the outside view until we reach there?"

Shiva looked outside the window; was amazed by the view. *It is truly different from his world. A contrast of greenery and dull is imprinting in my eyes. My world is only filled with technology and scientific inventions to make life easy but in this process we lost our connection to Mother Nature. Chakra Energy… Wild Beasts... Adventurer… Cultivation… The world of fantasy is now coming in reality. The people here have maintained their bond with Mother Nature. They didn't cut trees, the trees are covering the path like an umbrella. One can sit beneath his shadow and rest. The sky is so bright and the white clouds lighten ups the mood. The air is so fresh, you can breath as much as want.* As he was enjoying the view his mother face appeared in front of him. Tears came in his eyes. Shiva doesn't know if his mother is alive or not. She left home that evening and didn't return. He felt his heart is aching. The only thing he can do now is look for his sister. Suddenly the carriage stopped.

Officer Ray, "We have arrived Shiva."

[Author's note: If you are enjoying this novel, please don't forget to add to your collection and leave a comment or review. I'll post one chapter every day. _/\_]

0